Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Absolutely
    Sarky wrote: »
    Nobody seriously believes Valve are working, or even going to work, on HL3.

But that'll never stop us hoping they are.

Dam this thread -

I'll never not read it.... :-(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Md7pvSZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Thread needs closing!....its been said countless time the game is not in development!!

Wait, have they explicitly denied it is in development? I thought they just wouldn't talk about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

A guy on reddit is claiming he got a tour at valve.
    Q: Did you play HL3?
    A: No. I didnt ask him about it until we were leaving either. He said "If I told you anything about it you'd just have more questions. We only have elements. Bits and pieces of game. No structure. No story."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There is no way it is not in development/design no matter what anybody says, it make take a while due to being on the source 2 engine however. Everybody and their grandmother will buy it, you just know valve, they want it to be the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That makes me very sad :(

On the plus side it means I can let hope die.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mario needs a gag, not a speech therapist. Charles Martinet might need a therapist though.

Yeah I prefered when the only noise Mario made was jumping sounds, he never shuts up in the newer games "wahooo! wheee! itsa-me! whooooooooo!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There is no way it is not in development/design no matter what anybody says, it make take a while due to being on the source 2 engine however. Everybody and their grandmother will buy it, you just know valve, they want it to be the best.

At this rate we'll be the grandparents buying it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Zillah wrote: »
    Wait, have they explicitly denied it is in development? I thought they just wouldn't talk about it.

You are spot on. They have neither denied or confirmed that they are working on it.

Which so means that they are working on it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

You are spot on. They have neither denied or confirmed that they are working on it.

Which so means that they are working on it! ;)

Half Life 3 - Confirmed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Take that shiite to the gaf :mad:

what gaf is this you're on about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

NeoGAF.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

NeoGAF.

still lost, what's neogaf?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's an American forum. My flatmate uses it. Some of the game developers allegedly post there from time to time. Quite heavily regulated in terms of trolling by all accounts. I've an account but I've never really used it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Okay

so i'm still not entirely understanding Richard's comment, he seemed to be quite annoyed at the picture of Gaben's Glittery beard lol so..I guess it's a dig at me to use those forums because they're heavily regulated?

Anyhoo, i'll just leave this here.. for richard
    gabe-newell-half-life-3-wallpaper-by-g-e-e-r-s-d4p9oxu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

still lost, what's neogaf?

I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. It's probably the biggest video game forum in the world, many well known game devs use it from time to time as well.

never heard of it, guess i'm not with it at all :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Next year apparently..... according to a website that I've never heard of before.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

CatInABox wrote: »
    Next year apparently..... according to a website that I've never heard of before.

See here.

BS. Desperate attempt at getting traffic.
    There was another "article" posted on that site yesterday about Fallout 3, quoting an opinion blog on IGN from July as news. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It'll be announced next week at LinuxCon as a steam box exclusive with non-optional perspiration-sensor and zero-day Gordon Freeman skins dlc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

STUPID STUPID THREAD!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So incredibly tempted to now officially make bumping this thread without hard news a bannable offense :pac:

*starts waving ban hammer around indiscriminately. Realise I have now bumped thread. Hits self on head with hammer.*

So incredibly tempted to now officially make bumping this thread without hard news a bannable offense :pac:

*starts waving ban hammer around indiscriminately. Realise I have now bumped thread. Hits self on head with hammer.*

When Half Life 3 is announced the last place anyone will find out is through a thread on boards. I'm pretty sure that the internet as a whole will simply crash.

So what you're saying is if you can't connect to the internet:
    1. Check PC is connected
    2. Check Router light is on
    3. Half Life 3 Announced

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This thread should be closed. Seriously, all joking aside. There hasn't been legitimate news on this game in forever and at this stage HL3 is little more than vapourware and myth, and this thread just limps on with the same repeated tattle and waffle :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

DukeNukemForever.jpg

I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

When Half Life 3 is announced the last place anyone will find out is through a thread on boards. I'm pretty sure that the internet as a whole will simply crash.

It'll be a "I remember where I was when Half-Life 3 was announced.....my first inclining was when I couldn't connect to steam, then when it did connect there was a strange download/update to HL2. Of course it took another 15 years for it to be released after Valve pushed back the release date several times as per tradition..."

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/381097222307192832

We're pretty much guaranteed Half Life 3, Steambox and something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Advertisement

They learned to count to 3 so it's a start.

Or maybe he read it wrong and it said they "have a 3 announcment next week"

Advertisement