Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

76 with Jimenez to play, happy with that. Sterling the star. Only gut punches were Kola and Etheridge conceding in the last minute and the OG.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Up 27k places to 34k, with Jota & Doherty to play, and Laporte(6) to sub in. Really happy. That's a rankings rise of 81k places over the last 4 gameweeks, including a -12 and a -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

72 with Doherty and Jimmi to go. Up to 25k. Very happy with that!

manual_man wrote: »
    Up 27k places to 34k, with Jota & Doherty to play, and Laporte(6) to sub in. Really happy. That's a rankings rise of 81k places over the last 4 gameweeks, including a -12 and a -8.

Well done.

I’m ruing my decision to go conservative this year.

Recent finishes in top 5k and 6k led me to thinking if I stopped with the hits I might get top 1k.

So far not so good at all.

I’ll stay with it until the season ends but looks like agressive hits pay off for me.

This last two GW’s must have cost me 40-50 points alone. Probably more.

Very very very demotivated currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Well done.

Recent finishes in top 5k and 6k led me to thinking if I stopped with the hits I might get top 1k.

I’ll stay with it until the season ends but looks like agressive hits pay off for me.

Thanks. I really think hits can go both ways. I've seen nothing to suggest that one vs the other (conservative vs aggressive) is better. It just is what it is. Probably the biggest challenge is sticking to your guns ie. you have a premium player, he's playing well looks like a big haul is inevitable, but he's blanked 3 times in a row... it's difficult to hold on to players in these situations(player price is plummeting.....). A possible examply might be Auba now. He'll probably drop again in price with the trends at the moment, however i've seen nothing to suggest that he doesn't have great potential over the next couple of gameweeks, and probably beyond. That's the hardest part really, sticking to your guns while many jump ship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Well done.

Snap. Can say the same thing. Took quite a few hits till mid November and barely even used the FT since. The wild price changes discouraged me from dropping certain players that I would've done in the past. Not going PEA to kun due to price differential two weeks ago or Hazard to Son before Christmas has ruined my entire season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

So in 2 gws we have those that went with sterling, sane or aguero as their main city asset. You would have captained them last week.
    Aguero 55
    Sterling 40
    Sane 1
    I cant remember a more punishing decision in all my time playing the game.
    Of course then you have even bigger variances as some will own both sterling and aguero and will have used TC and maybe captained a city player this week.
    I was on sane who prior to the dgws starting Id have had along with sterling as the prime city asset to own . I also got in Kdb as my 2nd city asset who was on the pitch for 9 city goals and didnt get one attacking return.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

65 with Jimenez and Digne's 2 to come in has me down from 890 to 1k so far. Down from 440 two GWs ago.

As damage limitation goes when you don't have Aguero and Sterling, that's perfectly acceptable so far.

On hits, there really is no rule. Some players are better aggressive. Some are better conservative. There's no one way to play the game. As I've already said on this thread, if I could go back to before GW25, i'd still keep and captain Sane rather than destroy my team with a -8, losing Mané and Rashford, in order to get Aguero. I also wasn't going to burn a WC. It just wasn't my percentage play with the way my team was set up. It's just unlucky for me that Aguero went nuts on the 2 weeks where it wasn't sensible for me to get him. For others, especially those with Auba, it made perfect sense.

So swings and roundabouts. I remember early on the season I was set in getting off the Jimenez wagon (I think it was before the Spurs home game), but I had other pressing matters and a -4 or -8 would've been stupid considering my great start. And he hasn't looked back since. That's nowhere near the Aguero swing, but it still helped me.

The game giveth, and the game taketh away.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

64 (including 8 points to come off the bench) with Doherty and Jiminez left.

Considering I have Rashford and Sane and don't have Sterling or Aguero, I dodged a big bullet this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/2032857/event/26

^^ the guy with the best score for this week played spacecraft and left son on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

So in 2 gws we have those that went with sterling, sane or aguero as their main city asset. You would have captained them last week. Aguero 55 Sterling 40 Sane 1 I cant remember a more punishing decision in all my time playing the game. .

Yea it was tough week for us Sane owners. Hazard to Sane cost me 32 points as I captained him ahead of Aguero. That was definitely my worst transfer ever in terms of points lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭boccy23

69 with Patricio, Bennett and Jimenez to play tonight.

Surprised to have risen from 26K to 23K OR.

1127 in Ireland for whatever that means! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

boccy23 wrote: »
    69 with Patricio, Bennett and Jimenez to play tonight.

Surprised to have risen from 26K to 23K OR.

1127 in Ireland for whatever that means! :)

Just ahead of you in Ireland on 1,050.

Gained decent ground with 83 points, jumped from 40k to 22k in OR, didn't expect that much of a move. Considering I was 53k OR in GW24.

Should have 11 players for GW27 so hopefully negotiate through that without too much trouble.

shmeee wrote: »
    Just ahead of you in Ireland on 1,050.

Gained decent ground with 83 points, jumped from 40k to 22k in OR, didn't expect that much of a move. Considering I was 53k OR in GW24.

Should have 11 players for GW27 so hopefully negotiate through that without too much trouble.

Struggling there so will probably have to take a hit to get a team together. Would rather not use the Free Hit at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

boccy23 wrote: »
    Struggling there so will probably have to take a hit to get a team together. Would rather not use the Free Hit at this stage.

I'll do everything to hold the free hit chip for the 2 DGW's coming up, take a -8 hit and use 1 FT also. Have you even 7/8 players as of now?

shmeee wrote: »
    I'll do everything to hold the free hit chip for the 2 DGW's coming up, take a -8 hit and use 1 FT also. Have you even 7/8 players as of now?

Yeah, I do have 3 Man City and Gros. But could do it for a -4. Well have 11 playing anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Could do with a Jiminez hatty tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

dahat wrote: »

I could do with a Bennett hatty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

dahat wrote: »

Rival has Doherty and Jimmi, same as me. Out of interest, I checked their ownership %. Jimmi 32% and Doherty 25%. Bit surprised by Doherty's ownership, thought he'd be much higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Jimenez and Jota - sorry, Jimmi and Joti - here so I want goals galore tonight. Hopefully not one of those "Wolves play better against the better teams" nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Doherty Jota and jiminez
    A clean sheet will hurt me though!
    Jota goal please

km79 wrote: »
    Doherty Jota and jiminez
    A clean sheet will hurt me though!
    Jota goal please

They all start

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wolves: Patricio, Bennett, Coady, Boly, Doherty, Neves, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Jonny, Jota, Jimenez

Subs: Ruddy, Cavaleiro, Costa, Gibbs-White, Saiss, Vinagre, Traore

Newcastle: Dubravka, Schar, Lascelles, Lejeune, Yedlin, Ritchie, Hayden, Atsu, Longstaff, Perez, Rondon

Subs: Woodman, Diame, Kenedy, Fernandez, Manquillo, Joselu, Almiron

Short version: all our Wolves players start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Jota hatrick would turn a terrible week into a slightly below average one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Jota hatrick would turn a terrible week into a slightly below average one.

With three Moutinho assists.

And a Bennett clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Early Wolves goal would be lovely, force Newcastle to come out and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just need 13 points between Jiminez & Moutinho to get my first ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Just need 13 points between Jiminez & Moutinho to get my first ton.

Similar for me. Just need 13 from Jimenez, 10 from Doherty and 25 from Patricio and I'll have my first ton of the season.

Fingers crossed!

Don’t think I can watch much more of this

• Advertisement

Newcastle defence audition going where well ahead of next weeks transfers

Advertisement