Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dark - Netflix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Watched S1+2 over the last 3 weeks, I can't wait for this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Going to try lash out season 1 and 2 again. It's so easy to get lost in this show and I'm sure I missed a tonne on first watch. Can't wait for season 3.

Are all episodes releasing on 27th?

maximoose wrote: »
    Are all episodes releasing on 27th?

Ya they usually release the whole season together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I don't know if I can get ready for this. I'm falling behind on so many shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Starting my re-watch tonight. It was a mistake when I watched S2 after a year break as it took me until about episode 3 to understand what was going on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I started a rewatch the other day. In an early episode Charlotte (the cop) brought Elisabeth (her deaf daughter) to school. Before she left Elisabeth kissed her on the forehead, almost like a mother kissing their kid

(○口○ )

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just a quick question which maybe nobody has the answer...
    from what we know mads was taken from 1986 and his body was dumped in 2019.
    The ginger lad and Yasim's bodies are taken from 2019 and dumped in 1953.
    With all three, they had the "burn" marks on their faces from whatever the electrical device that went around their head whilst in the "room". What was that device and what were those involved (obviously including Helge) trying to do?
    It can't have been creating a time machine because we know that they were able to travel through time to dump the bodies.

With all three, they had the "burn" marks on their faces from whatever the electrical device that went around their head whilst in the "room". What was that device and what were those involved (obviously including Helge) trying to do?
    It can't have been creating a time machine because we know that they were able to travel through time to dump the bodies.

I can't remember if that was ever explained. I started the rewatch and I'm 4 episodes in. I watched it dubbed the first time but watching it subtitled now. My mind keeps racing ahead already trying to piece things together from what I'm seeing now.

I don't think it has been explained - my guess is that it's some sort of prototype machine but Noah can't get it to work?
    I watched it dubbed the first time but watching it subtitled now.

It's so much better subtitled but you really can't let yourself get distracted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

It's not so much the head device, but the whole chair apparatus.

The wormhole in the caves allows time travel to specific years/points, opening up every 33yrs. I believe the chair is a prototype time machine of sorts, constructed so that Noah could find a way to travel more freely through time to any point he likes, but it evidently doesn't work or works poorly, killing any subjects he tests. Note the burnt out eyes/ears are explained by the pathologist looking at the birds with the extreme levels of electromagnetic activity causing it - the chair also appears to have lots of electromagnets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Rewatching this now, on S2E3.... wow what a show, cannot wait for the new season!!

All I can say is thank god I rewatched all that. Brilliant show

Watching the s3 trailer right after it has made it my most anticipated show of the year

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've avoided the S3 trailer. I want to see S3 without any preconceptions, however misguided they might be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I've avoided the S3 trailer. I want to see S3 without any preconceptions, however misguided they might be.

I'm doing a rewatch, 2 eps of S1 left and I'm not going to watch a s3 trailer

I'm doing a rewatch, 2 eps of S1 left and I'm not going to watch a s3 trailer

I'm bang on with yourself at the moment. Only managing to get one episode in a night. Going to have to ramp that up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Jofspring wrote: »
    I'm bang on with yourself at the moment. Only managing to get one episode in a night. Going to have to ramp that up now.
    Having re-watched season one before season 2, I had intended to watch a recap of season 1 before watching the full season 2, in time for season 3 on the 27th. The recaps just don't do it though, so I'm hooked on season 1 again, with only 2 watched so far. Thinking about it though, even though they're all released on the 27th, I won't be coming back here after the 27th until I've finished season 3 anyway, in case of spoilers, so I suppose I can take my time. Apocalypse delayed for me. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I started this ages ago. Just watched 1.03, bloody hell. Not sure I even took a breath in the final few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Hrududu wrote: »
    I started a rewatch the other day. In an early episode Charlotte (the cop) brought Elisabeth (her deaf daughter) to school. Before she left Elisabeth kissed her on the forehead, almost like a mother kissing their kid

(○口○ )

Yep I got that too. At the very end of season 2 she called her Moma as normal. So she hasn't gone back yet. There is also the possibility that shes from another dimension.

Also Ulrichs story arc looks to be closed off. Charlotte also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Yep I got that too. At the very end of season 2 she called her Moma as normal. So she hasn't gone back yet. There is also the possibility that shes from another dimension.

Also Ulrichs story arc looks to be closed off. Charlotte also.

Don;t think she's from a different dimension. Totally messes up the bootstrap paradox angle.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Two episodes of rewatch left. Been rationing to bring us up to Saturday. Loving it even more.

Only decision now if how many days to binge S3 over. Been enjoyable looking forward to an episode a night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A big ask, I know, but anyone see a good summary of whats happened so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

The official site does a decent recap.

https://dark.netflix.io/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

Happy apocalypse day everyone!

• Advertisement

Literally finished season 2 rewatch 10 minutes ago. Set up nicely for tomorrow/today.

Literally finished season 2 rewatch 10 minutes ago. Set up nicely for tomorrow/today.

Alright. I googled and youtubed recaps. I picked 4 and watched each to the end.

Feels like it worked. Here they are in the order I think they would've been best to see them. Starting fast and English and then working to slow and German with the final one being the closing scenes of season 2.

**Consider these full-on spoilers for Seasons 1 and 2**

[1]"Dark" Series Recap Before Season 3 | CHEAT SHEET

[2]Dark Explained - Breaking Down Seasons 1 and 2 By Decade (In English)

[3]DARK - The Official Season 1 & 2 Recap | Netflix

[4]How Dark Season 2 Ended (The Final Scenes)

One bonus is I think I noticed/remembered stuff I had forgotten/lost.
    The order I watched them was 1,3,2,4 but I'm guessing 1,2,3,4 like above would be better for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Halfway through and I'm not feeling it as much as I did with the first two seasons. I am tired and feeling sleepy, but if something is interesting and engrossing I have no problem focusing on it and staying awake, but my eyes closed a good few times during the last episode (ep. 4). Here's hoping it improves in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm about 3-4 episodes in, started last yesterday because of course I had to get a migraine on the day season 3 is released.

I feel a bit the same as Relikk above but I put it down to
    the two worlds mirroring itself, so that it feels like you've seen it before. I think the attention to detail is superb, like the house being the opposite so it's similar but different
    Overall, I am enjoying it though

• Advertisement

About to watch the finale. 1 hour and 13 minutes long :)

wyrn wrote: »
    because of course I had to get a migraine on the day season 3 is released.

So did I! :rolleyes:

Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Relikk wrote: »

Weird.

Maybe it ws on the othr side of your head....?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Weird.
    Everything is connected!

Personally I blame the weather and the pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Not as strong as Seasons 1 & 2 but I felt they ended it poignantly.

I think it should have ended when Martha and Jonas dissolved into nothing. I felt the table scene added very little to the end and was unnecessary. Maybe because I didn't care for those characters like I did others.

3.1: Alright,
    separate timeline I think. Seems nobody knows the starting point for everything that has happened. Guessing the writers might have something.. or.. maybe it'll be like something that just goes on forever. Can't be though if they are linking electricity into the process.
    Maybe. I dunno. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Started watching a recap of both seasons. Realised I finished season 2 too soon, before all the episodes had finished!

I'm pretty sure yer man's cleft lip keeps changing sides

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭reece289

Pang wrote: »

I think it should have ended when Martha and Jonas dissolved into nothing. I felt the table scene added very little to the end and was unnecessary. Maybe because I didn't care for those characters like I did others.

It's a bit messier than the first two for sure. Still great though.
    The table scene gives a flicker of remembrance. I really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Pang wrote: »

Agreed with above.

Yikes you'd need a PHD in modern physics.:)

Found it a tad hard to follow at times.

Ultimately at it's simplest I thought it was the Jonas Martha love story.

• Advertisement

The ending was alright, but damn it
    Wöller was about to tell us what happened to his eye and he got cut off. Loved that he was missing an arm in the mirror world.

Definitely the weakest of the three series, and a little disappointing. It didn't really get interesting to me until episode 5, then it dropped off again until 7 & 8. Still, season 1 and 2 is among the best TV I've seen in the past five years, along with The Expanse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good lord, I haven't even started it yet - it's only out 2 full days, lol. Doesn't feel like the kind of frivolous show best huffed in a sitting or two :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm pretty sure yer man's cleft lip keeps changing sides
    That was a sign of what world he was in. In the alt-universe many things were 'mirrored;' the cleft lip, hair partings, the little cut under Martha's eye, etc. They swap over and back depending on if they are in Eva's or Adam's world.

One thing I found confusing regarding Claudia:
    At what point does she visit Adam to tell him how to end the knot? Both versionf oher were killed, one by Noah and one by Claudia herself?

One thing I found confusing regarding Claudia:
    At what point does she visit Adam to tell him how to end the knot? Both versionf oher were killed, one by Noah and one by Claudia herself?

Similar to how Jonas split into different directions and thus creating multiple versions of him, she used the same loophole to create another version of herself to go into a different direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Cordell

The ending was alright, but damn it
    Wöller was about to tell us what happened to his eye and he got cut off. Loved that he was missing an arm in the mirror world.

Definitely the weakest of the three series, and a little disappointing. It didn't really get interesting to me until episode 5, then it dropped off again until 7 & 8. Still, season 1 and 2 is among the best TV I've seen in the past five years, along with The Expanse.

Yes, it's like they tried really hard to undo some of that beautifully crafted time loop story setting with
    multiverse alternate timeline crap - something that was completely missing from the first 2 seasons and what actually made it that special. And they went too far with that pistol that refused to fire and that Interstellar inspired scene at the end
    But after all that, the action and the pacing was alright, on par with the other seasons. Too bad that they went this way with the story and ruined the absolute best time travel series I ever saw turning it into some dark sad european version of Travelers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Only episode 3 of third season and I’m finding it confusion. Lots of
    timeline people mixed up and inter mingling
    . And some random guy (
    3 different timeline versions
    ) going around
    killing people. Almost like some sort of one man timeline cleanup crew.

Am I right in saying that at this stage we have only one main character
    (Martha) from another dimension in actual play. The rest from the other dimension are all in that dimension as if it’s season one again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

seligehgit wrote: »
    Agreed with above.

Yikes you'd need a PHD in modern physics.:)

Found it a tad hard to follow at times.

Ultimately at it's simplest I thought it was the Jonas Martha love story.

Yeh There is an Adam and Eve suggestion with those two at the heart of the story.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I liked how
    the hint to the 3rd world is always there in the symbol of mundus sic creatus est, the three overlapping shapes or triqueta, originally it just stood for the three different times '53, '86' '19 but that didn't really make sense anymore as the series progressed as we saw other times periods too, so a 3 worlds explanation is much nicer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Season 3 not up to the same standard apart from the very last episode.

Advertisement