Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Watching Imagine cornice whatever its called..just doesnt get my blood going the way touring band 2000 does...probably avacado-nts fault..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Watching Imagine cornice whatever its called..just doesnt get my blood going the way touring band 2000 does...probably avacado-nts fault..

Vice-versa for me the 2000 tour i didn't think wasn't a patch on 2006, Vedder's voice was ****ed for half the time and the guitars sounded too treblely and dull.
    Altough Vedder hoping off the speaker in '00 was a highlight of my life to date!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are they on tour at them moment or anything?would love to see them live.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

They are doing 5 shows in Europe, none of which are in Ireland, all of them are sold out and are taking place in the next week or so. They'll be back in the next year or so no doubt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

they have new album out sept heard the new songs sounds great . hope they play here soon missed the last one as was sold out saw them in 96 at the point, was great night

• Advertisement

Setlist from last night:
    August 8th, 2009 Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Canada Olympic Park - V-Fest

Set List: Why Go, All Night, Dissident, The Fixer, Got Some, Severed Hand, Sad, Unemployable, Even Flow, Rats, Save You, Given To Fly, Daughter/(W.M.A), Down, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Do The Evolution, Alive

1st encore: Better Man, Brother, Black, Spin The Black Circle

2nd encore: Crazy Mary(Victoria Williams), The Real Me (Pete Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter

That is actually a fookin' awesome set. Great mix of new, old, b-sides, covers... I've never heard Rats or Brother live, that'll be an extra special treat to look forward to next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

hey guys I have a spare ticket for Berlin, let me know if you or anyone ya know wants it :)

Feckin can't go now coz of lack of funds, absolutely gutted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

jenizzle wrote: »
    Setlist from last night:

That is actually a fookin' awesome set. Great mix of new, old, b-sides, covers... I've never heard Rats or Brother live, that'll be an extra special treat to look forward to next week :D

Looks fairly good, especially at a festival. Really want to hear brother live! Have seen rats before, fun song live!

Ok a question for anyone getting a train from Manchester to London. What is the best station to leave from and to arrive into in London, gotta get a ticket booked, any help much appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Great setlist. I think they'll include more new stuff at Shep Bush, because I think it's more of a promo show than anything else.

Can't believe it's in 3 days. Madness.

Looks fairly good, especially at a festival. Really want to hear brother live! Have seen rats before, fun song live!

Ok a question for anyone getting a train from Manchester to London. What is the best station to leave from and to arrive into in London, gotta get a ticket booked, any help much appreciated!!

There's a few of us getting the 10.15 train from Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston. It takes 2hrs. It cost £12 but that was a month or two ago, looking there now it costs £54. You can search for them here: https://www.buytickets.virgintrains.co.uk/JourneyRequest.aspx . You might get a cheaper ticket elsewhere but I'm not sure where from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

hey guys I have a spare ticket for Berlin, let me know if you or anyone ya know wants it :)

Feckin can't go now coz of lack of funds, absolutely gutted :(

that's a shame cheese......I feel for ya....

unfortunately I can't help you out - had it been for Sheppards Bush I would have taken it off your hands as I still have the flight for that booked.....
    hope some kind soul takes it off your hands though......

There's a few of us getting the 10.15 train from Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston. It takes 2hrs. It cost £12 but that was a month or two ago, looking there now it costs £54. You can search for them here: https://www.buytickets.virgintrains.co.uk/JourneyRequest.aspx . You might get a cheaper ticket elsewhere but I'm not sure where from.

Thanks for that, ya im booked on that train, bought a ticket last night, 57 pound i paid!! Ah well, ive all my booking done for the short trip now! (funnilly the credit card company rang me this morning asking was it a legit transaction, third time in the last few months!)

my CC company rang a few times in '07 asking if 10c were legit...:D

This time tomorrow... *freaks out*

my CC company rang a few times in '07 asking if 10c were legit...:D

This time tomorrow... *freaks out*

lol! Id say they wonder about 10c with me from they amount of transactions with them over the last number of years, i went through my order history a short while back and my jaw dropped when i realised how much ive spent on it! Did i mention how jealous i am of all ye guys that are gonna be there tomorrow night, should be amazing!

Did i mention how jealous i am of all ye guys that are gonna be there tomorrow night, should be amazing!

Don't worry, I'm sure everyone tell you alllll about it on Wednesday :P

Mad to think I'll be seeing them tomorrow. I'm hoping for an Ed preset, or, slightly less realistically, a Pete Townsend appearance.

Tom65 wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'm sure everyone tell you alllll about it on Wednesday :P

Mad to think I'll be seeing them tomorrow. I'm hoping for an Ed preset, or, slightly less realistically, a Pete Townsend appearance.

Ill b in for a few pints so im gonna keep a check every so often on how the setlist is going, not all bad, this time next week ill be standing in the MEN seeing them for the first time in a year! To everyone thats going tomorrow, i hope ye have an amazing time, i've a feeling it'll be a special show

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Less than 24hrs to go...:eek:

Seeing as about 90% of us who regulary post on this thread are going to be in Shannon/Dublin in the next week or two getting our flights over, i thought i would remind everyone to pop into Hughes&Hughes in their respective airports and pick up this months Q magazine for air-time flight reading,

''This months Q interviews Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder on being in the World's biggest cult band, , , , , ,etc''

They're on the cover aswell!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

did anyone else get that mail from tenclub? about the second chance tickets for SBE? they had another 25 pairs...
    i got it when we got here yesterday but i also got the mail saying theyd sold out...wonder if everyone got sorted for this gig..

F**k me, four songs into the shepards bush set and they drop All along the Watchtower, first special guest Ronnie Wood, and theres hours to go. I am even more jealous now, actually sickened!

• Advertisement

That was pretty amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

My God what a gig!
    Had a brilliant view from the front row of level 3.
    Highlights included Ronnie Wood for All Along The Watchtower, the 3 Yield songs & State of Love and Trust.
    Wasn't prepared to spend £20 on a poster (despite them being pretty good) so I grabbed one of the album promo ones from outside ;)

Can anyone tell me how much tshirts/hoodies,etc where last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

did anyone else get that mail from tenclub? about the second chance tickets for SBE? they had another 25 pairs...
    i got it when we got here yesterday but i also got the mail saying theyd sold out...wonder if everyone got sorted for this gig..

don't be saying stuff like that dime........

I kept checking the links for tickets even up to Sunday, but alas nothing - so I gave up then (okay I'm lying, I tried Monday too......)
    would have loved to have been there, but them's the breaks......

lookin forward to reading some reviews from you guys later this evening......

I enjoyed that gig :D

Crowd were in good voice, floor looked mad from level 3. Too many thoughts to sum up right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

That was pretty amazing.

did you fly back from gatwick this morning wearing a spurs jersey by any chance? :P

that was the best gig I have ever been to. I stood with goosebumps nearly every five seconds and when Ronnie wood came out I just stood in awe. It was unreal!

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    did you fly back from gatwick this morning wearing a spurs jersey by any chance? :P

:D

T'wasnt me, we flew back at 3pm but I was wearing my Mr T t-shirt and sweating all last night's beer out of me.

just chillin' in Berlin now waiting for the show on Saturday! I was at the barrier in front of Mike in London, got to meet Ed and Stone after the show, t'was a grand aul night!

just chillin' in Berlin now waiting for the show on Saturday! I was at the barrier in front of Mike in London, got to meet Ed and Stone after the show, t'was a grand aul night!

Very nice!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sounds like a quality show the other night. How I wish I could've gone to any one of them.

Slightly of the main topic of now, been listenin to Yield yesterday and today....how coulod I forget how much quality is on that album?

Advertisement