Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Foxrock Venue" (RTE)

Options
  • 27-12-2006 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭

Why does RTE's Colm Murray (and others) continually refer to Leopardstown Racecourse as "The Foxrock Venue"? If it is in Foxrock, would it not be called Foxrock Racecourse? :confused:

(I should add that I have no knowledge or interest in racing but I have always been curious about this).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

He wants it to sound posh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I would presume it is because Foxrock is the closest village to the actual racecourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Healio wrote:
    I would presume it is because Foxrock is the closest village to the actual racecourse.
    That's plausible but he dosen't refer to Fairyhouse as "The Ratoath Venue".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

That's plausible but he dosen't refer to Fairyhouse as "The Ratoath Venue".

Touché

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

Why does RTE's Colm Murray (and others) continually refer to Leopardstown Racecourse as "The Foxrock Venue"? If it is in Foxrock, would it not be called Foxrock Racecourse? :confused:

The gate that the horseboxes go in to the course is right in the centre of foxrock village. In fact originally it probably was in foxrock, but a few roundabouts and a carpark later and its in leopardstown.

And besides who would say they were from leopardstown when they could say they were from foxrock :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Tush

The Ballyogan Venue sounds good to me.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

"And besides who would say they were from leopardstown when they could say they were from foxrock" :D..........

Twats generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Amonsol

He's a bit past it now in my opinion...much like the rest of the RTE racing team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

i enjoy ted walshs unique descriptions of situations and life in general he holds the team together his mate robert hall is very knowledgeable all things racing but colm murray is up his own horse box entrance imo -had an encounter with him in cheltenham a few years ago but i dont think i can print it here -nothing bad just look down the nose stuff but it coloured my opinion of him -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

How about the M50 Track? It backs onto that too nowadays.

Probably trying to sound posh alright.

The town of the lepers (thats right - look it up!) is probably not fancy enough for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement