Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€6 for a pint of lager in central Galway this week

Options
  • 31-07-2006 10:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

One establishment in Quay St is named here, they claim that there were two others charging similar before the races even started .

Ye may think the bookies are out to get ye but keep a VERY close eye on your wallet after midnight in lots of the late driking / bar extension gaffs which may not normally charge more than €5 or €5.50 a pint.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I don't see a problem in this. Once they advertise the price of their pint.

At the end of the day they are running a business and as a business if they weren't trying to maximise profits during race week I'd be a little concerned.

I'm sure they've plenty of overheads which have increased during race week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

6 euro is alot for a pint, but I agree as long as they have it advertised (and it's not complete muck) then I don't have too much of an issue with it. More race courses need pint bottles of bulmers - not silly long necks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Well some muppets have more money than sense...
    6 is a rip off ..just head down to harvest get a few cans and drink on the streets :D
    most people won't fit in the pubs anyway and pile out onto the streets ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 BarneyMac

€6 is taking the piss alright....but if you don't pay it then you're on the dry. I got a 14/1 winner last night so i'm still in the black at the moment. Anyone heard anything for tonight ?

Advertisement