Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That time of year again

Options
  • 03-01-2006 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

So who is the biggest quitter here then ? Anyone trying to give the smokes up and failling ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

Hell no i ain't a quitter!
    *off topic* this forum is really quiet!

Hell no! It was so funny. I was workin in Anseo on New Years when about 10 people told me they were quitting, at the stroke of 5 past, I went out for a smoke, and what do I see? Yes, 8 out of 10 people puffin away!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

No, I didn't bother trying to quit either. I'll quit again when I feel the time is right! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'd thought about quitting for the new year, but didn't get around to it.
    Need to quit soon though, I've get a very subtle numb pain in my left arm sometimes and it scares the shít out of me.
    I don't think heart attacks at 25 are unheard of. :/
    Just look at Paul Hunter (snooker player) who got cancer at 26 there last year... not sure if he is/was a smoker, but it really dispels the whole "ah sure that only happens to old people" kind of lie we tell ourselves.

The new year won't give me any special quitting powers so why bother?
    I think I'll avoid the whole well-intentioned-but-doomed-to-failure-new-year-quitting-stuff bandwagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Yet another non quitter here even after watching a programme tonight on channel4 called cold turkey where Tara Palmer Tomkinson and Sophie Anderton went through aversion therapy. It was very graphic but I managed to give up for the hour it was on and lit up straight after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

alleepally wrote:
    Yet another non quitter here even after watching a programme tonight on channel4 called cold turkey where Tara Palmer Tomkinson and Sophie Anderton went through aversion therapy. It was very graphic but I managed to give up for the hour it was on and lit up straight after.

I got a text from my girlfriend telling me to watch it , she hates me smoking :( but i decieded to watch the rest of the match instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm demi-quitting at the mo. suffering from a bad cough so really dont want to smoke at least until its died down. if my cravings have died by that stage a bit, then i might quit. or might not.

Yeah that's ^ a great time to quit... when smoking makes you feel like your lungs are being prodded with white-hot pokers :eek:
    Now if only there was a patch that made your lungs do that :D

• Advertisement

I heard not too long ago that smoking even 1 cigg a day does as much damage... wasn't it on the news or something?
    Seems like anti-smoker-brigade horse-shít to me though.

Yeah and it kinda conflicts with that whole "every ciggarette you smoke is doing you damage" campaign... o_O

Advertisement