Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who and Torchwood on UK/Ireland Netflix

Options
  • 05-01-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭

There has been an update to the UK/Ireland edition of Netflix to bring Doctor Who up to 'A Christmas Carol' and Torchwood up to 'Miracle Day'. Planet of the Dead, Waters of Mars, and The End of Time are available as separate programs, as yet the Doctor Who kids specials, The Infinite Quest, Dreamland, and The Sarah Jane Adventures still remain unavailable.
    Even if you have Series 5 on DVD you might like to take a look at the Netflix editions as the 'Coming Soon' trailers have all been restored onto the end of the episodes.
    Sadly no updates to the Classic section of the collection but if there is, I trust I can rely on someone here to tell us?

Enjoy. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

FINALLY

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

flazio wrote: »
    There has been an update to the UK/Ireland edition of Netflix to bring Doctor Who up to 'A Christmas Carol' and Torchwood up to 'Miracle Day'.
    Brilliant! I was beginning to think that they were going to wait until November to update Doctor Who. Peculiar given that the season 5 logo has been available for ages on Netflix.

Thanks for posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Scrawny71 wrote: »
    Brilliant! I was beginning to think that they were going to wait until November to update Doctor Who. Peculiar given that the season 5 logo has been available for ages on Netflix.

Thanks for posting!
    They even updated that logo to the newer version with the DW TARDIS moved to the side.

A bit of bad news on this front I'm afraid, Most of the Classic series has been removed. :(
    All that's left is 'The War Machines' and an orphan episode of The Abdomible Snowmen.
    However Series 1 of 'The Sarah Jane Adventures' and the animated special from Series 3 'The Infinite Quest' have gone up.
    Sarah Jane Adventures is well worth checking out if you haven't done before. Some of the stories in this series stand up to some of the best that the parent series has churned out, in particular Eye of The Gorgon and the absolute must watch 'Whatever Happened To Sarah Jane'. Far more mature and grown up then chasing around Cardiff after horny gas and a bikini clad Cyberwoman in heels.

Series 6 and The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe are now added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

^ Woo-hoo! Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

A bit of bad news on this front I'm afraid, Most of the Classic series has been removed. :(

Still available on the US version, though. At least, they are for the moment - I was enjoying reliving some very fond Who memories a little while ago, and hope they don't follow suit on Netflix in the US before I get back into it. May have to plan a marathon soon, just in case. (Any excuse...! :D)

The Infinite Quest, All of Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures (of which only Series 1 was online) has been taken down off the UK/Ireland Netflix service. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This happens from time to time; I believe it's all about licenses and the renewal thereof so sometimes stuff temporarily disappears into the ether. Netflix deals must be made per-season too as there's a whole raft of shows that are missing more recent runs; I was waiting for ages for the second season (2011) of BBC's Rev. to turn up. Mind you, the loss of The Infinite Quest (and some of Torchwood) is no great loss ;)

Doctor Who now has Series 7 part 1 up. Also what's the deal with this intro by Amy ahead of the titles on the Series 6 episodes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Doctor Who now has Series 7 part 1 up. Also what's the deal with this intro by Amy ahead of the titles on the Series 6 episodes?

I think the Amy Intro is only on the international version of those episodes, so those watching in places like the US, Canada and Australia got to hear it. Netflix is licensed to show this international version so that's why we have to put up with it. I'd imagine it was lacked on to make it easy for new viewers to get an idea of what the show is about, I have noticed it on some American shows before. For those who only watched it on BBC when it aired originally, this is what we are talking about:

It's really annoying.

Was promised Series 7 part 2 at the beginning of December. All we got was The Snowman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Season 8 is on Canadian Netflix. Enjoying it a lot more this time around, as opposed to when it was first originally on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 therabbittest

T-Bird wrote: »
    Season 8 is on Canadian Netflix. Enjoying it a lot more this time around, as opposed to when it was first originally on.

I really liked it the first time, but some of the not so hot parts (Into the Dalek and Death in Heaven) impressed me a lot more the second time round.

Great series

The rest of Series 7 up to The Name of the Doctor is now on UK Ireland netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 therabbittest

Series 8 is up on USA Netflix now too

Good news and bad news. Good, Series 8 is now on UK Ireland Netflix. Bad, They skipped over Day of The Doctor and Time of the Doctor.

All episodes of Doctor Who have been removed from Netflix.

Advertisement