Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parental leave application help

Options
  • 14-08-2019 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

hi all hope you enjoyed your summer

I was just looking for advice on submitting a parental leave application for etb schools. Could you help answer the following?

many thanks if you can help or assist in any way:)?

q1 if you applied were you successful on your application the first time?
    q2 was the application timeframe 6 weeks from sept 1?
    q3 in your opinion say the school is a plc course provider. providing qqi a level 6 in a very specific area so the arranged cover maybe tricky to get.. can this be used as grounds for refusal?
    q4 on the tax side how does it work out if you take 5 weeks this year and 5 weeks next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I do not work in an etb. Look up circular if you are entitled to it...it can only be postponed....not refused. The circular states postponement should only happen once....6 months. I think the rule over parental leave for all employees states postponement may only occur twice.
    Refusal is if you are not entitled to it...if your child is too old etc.

Advertisement