Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Result Stats are out.. thoughts?

Options
  • 13-08-2019 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

I see the LC stats are out.

I've reduced it to the more common subjects (Higher Level only) in the file attached.

Just by looking at the H1's there doesn't seem to be too much change, except for Italian maybe... and Biology seems to be brought back down a bit (given last year's generous awarding :pac:).

LC_Stats_17_18_19.xlsx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I see the LC stats are out.

I've reduced it to the more common subjects (Higher Level only) in the file attached.

Just by looking at the H1's there doesn't seem to be too much change, except for Italian maybe... and Biology seems to be brought back down a bit (given last year's generous awarding :pac:).

LC_Stats_17_18_19.xlsx

Thanks for putting that up but to be honest I never look at them.

All mine were OL but some did great despite lots of problems. Proud of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katiecork

Would you mind putting up the OL stats too please? Or put up the link for them?
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭doc_17

More people are achieving a H1 in Irish than in English. Anyone find that insane?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

katiecork wrote: »
    Would you mind putting up the OL stats too please? Or put up the link for them?
    Thank you

All levels here:
    https://www.examinations.ie/misc-doc/EN-ST-71736616.pdf .pdf file

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

doc_17 wrote: »
    More people are achieving a H1 in Irish than in English. Anyone find that insane?
    English is a much tougher exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Mardy Bum wrote: »

Maybe the dyslexia association should lobby for an exemption from English instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

doc_17 wrote: »

The 40% oral is a big help for most students.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Maybe the dyslexia association should lobby for an exemption from English instead.

I mean at higher level in terms of the H123 categories. Only an exceptionally creative and critical thinker will get a H1. The paper has totally moved away from simple regurgitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

I mean at higher level in terms of the H123 categories. Only an exceptionally creative and critical thinker will get a H1. The paper has totally moved away from simple regurgitation.

Don't mind me, just ranting about the push for Irish exemptions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Dickie10

geography seems nigh on impossible to get much more than 4% H1 . huge content too cover and students need to be really interested in some topics to do well, i mean have read or studied some things just out of self intrest

• Advertisement
Advertisement