Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greystones - eFibre (Eircom Fibre Roll-out)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

drake70 wrote: »
    There seems to be cases like that mentioned in the "Talk to Eircom" forum: http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

Mostly with orders via phone. Ask a question on the abovementioned forum and if you got an order number they may be able to check it out for you.

...and if he/she doesn't have an order number...you could be fecked. In most cases customers didn't actually have their order put through the system when they ring asking why they haven't had a call or email back about their upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Oh I swear if they managed to mess up my order after at least five phone calls trying to order it... Just had a look at the 'talk to eircom' discussions. Dear god!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Buzkashi

This is all very interesting and a bit daunting.

But what about people who are not with eircom? My landline and existing broadband are Vodafone. All they say on their site or in FAQs is it will be upgraded automatically once eFibre is live in my area.

Anybody know the story with Voda?

Buzkashi wrote: »
    This is all very interesting and a bit daunting.

But what about people who are not with eircom? My landline and existing broadband are Vodafone. All they say on their site or in FAQs is it will be upgraded automatically once eFibre is live in my area.

Anybody know the story with Voda?

Vodafone, Magnet, Sky all use Eircoms hardware. If there is a LIVE VDSL cabinet near you and your address is in the system, you can get fibre through Vodafone, Magnet or Eircom but Sky has not gone with the fibre network for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭nickhx

Looks like much of Blacklion (including Redford Park and Rathdown park) are enabled for order, still nothing for Blacklion manor though !

nickhx wrote: »
    Looks like much of Blacklion (including Redford Park and Rathdown park) are enabled for order, still nothing for Blacklion manor though !

We aren't ready for order. Have you tested phone numbers for these estates? Have you heard of anybody ordering it?

If you go to the fibre checker and enter the address rather than the phone number Redford and Rathdown are coming up as efibre enabled...

Haven't heard of any successful orders though!

If you go to the fibre checker and enter the address rather than the phone number Redford and Rathdown are coming up as efibre enabled...

Haven't heard of any successful orders though!

Ah, I was typing our house number but it is only available to those on the list. I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Friend of Mine in Kenmare has Ordered it and Recieved Brouchure and Letter Saying a Appointment has being Made for a Engineer to Visit to Install but doesn't give a Date or Time!

This is what they said on the Eircom Community forum:
    "Hi red_bairn

efibre is still the process of being rolled out / completed. It may be late November or early December before orders can be placed for the area. We have highlighted the map issue / info with the online content team.

Mark"

• Advertisement

Ok, have been talking to Eircom, even though we got no flyers, phone calls, emails, brochures or letters they are still planning to install it for us this Friday morning. Happy days!

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    Ok, have been talking to Eircom, even though we got no flyers, phone calls, emails, brochures or letters they are still planning to install it for us this Friday morning. Happy days!

Where are you based Cian? I don't know what they are on about on those forums. People on here have already ordered or have heard of people ordering the product yet they all seem mixed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Friend of Mine in Kenmare has Ordered it and Recieved Brouchure and Letter Saying a Appointment has being Made for a Engineer to Visit to Install but doesn't give a Date or Time!

Hi B-man,

The same happened to me. There is a note on that letter to say "if the installation date is blank they will contact you directly".

I received a text and a phone call a couple of weeks later informing me of the installation date.

red_bairn wrote: »
    Where are you based Cian? I don't know what they are on about on those forums. People on here have already ordered or have heard of people ordering the product yet they all seem mixed up.

The south end of Kilcoole, on the road out to Newcastle.

The south end of Kilcoole, on the road out to Newcastle.

I think you are on the Newtownmountkennedy exchange. There have been no installations in the Greystones area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Anyone thinking of getting Eircom Broadband should read the Eircom forum on Boards.ie you might change your mind.:mad::mad::mad:

bido wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of getting Eircom Broadband should read the Eircom forum on Boards.ie you might change your mind.:mad::mad::mad:

The majority of their customers aren't on Boards.ie...my friend is in Drogheda and had problems with his 2Mb connection working at less than a 56k modem. :/ I took the filter off and voila! 2Mb. But then he got fibre installed under 15mins without a hitch and no complaints so far. He's been on it for a few months now. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing was happening to other customers.

Sometimes you might need to troubleshoot yourself. For example, I rang up Eircom last week about our low SNR being below the 6db level and I said I've experienced disconnects on Skype. I was told it could have been the splitter and I tested it without the splitter and the db level went up. I think it was also lower than normal due to the fact that we got upgraded to ADSL2+ recently. Fortunately there hasn't been any problems since that call and we still need to use the splitter because we don't have the new MDP that Eircom provide. They even rang me up today because I forgot to ring them back later that day. The guy was checking that all was ok and then I asked him about the fibre but he said he would give me the Dublin number to contact the eFibre team. Unfortunately they must have finished work at 5/6pm and weren't taking anymore calls. I'll check with them tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Anyone know when the killincarrig area will be able to order?

delta214 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the killincarrig area will be able to order?

I haven't seen a VDSL cabinet anywhere in the Killincarraig area. There is a cabinet that provides basic broadband at the roundabout but no adjoining VDSL cabinet (as of yet...it's on the plans). Are you near there or Delgany Glen? The next nearest VDSL is either Delgany Hills or Kindlestown Park (across from Donnybrook Fair).

• Advertisement

I think you are on the Newtownmountkennedy exchange. There have been no installations in the Greystones area.

Possibly, though the map seems pretty clear that Kilcoole is in the Greystones exchange area until past the golf club, we're well within the area outlined for Greystones. Will ask the guy on Friday though.

I haven't seen a VDSL cabinet anywhere in the Killincarraig area. There is a cabinet that provides basic broadband at the roundabout but no adjoining VDSL cabinet (as of yet...it's on the plans). Are you near there or Delgany Glen? The next nearest VDSL is either Delgany Hills or Kindlestown Park (across from Donnybrook Fair).

My nearest cabinets are either the one near the tennis club / eire óg or the one in Delgany Hills (thats what its called on the map)

Rang and was Told Kilcoole isnt going Live until 10th of November, Hmm they really haven't got a Grasp on the Whole thing at all.

Well our house in Kilcoole just went live this morning.. Haven't been home to test it yet but the installer rang to say it's ready to go.

Well our house in Kilcoole just went live this morning.. Haven't been home to test it yet but the installer rang to say it's ready to go.

Nicely done! Post up some speedtests when you can.

My Point Exactly! :mad:

• Advertisement

We're about 250m from the nearest cabinet and have indeed been switched from Greystones to the Newtownmountkennedy exchange according to the map on the other thread.

Not as high a I expected but so much better than the near dial-up speed we had before!

3027396265.png

We're about 250m from the nearest cabinet and have indeed been switched from Greystones to the Newtownmountkennedy exchange according to the map on the other thread.

Not as high a I expected but so much better than the near dial-up speed we had before!

3027396265.png

It needs to settle. The DSLAM needs to work on it. The equipment will automate your speed till it decides what is best for you. :P

Line checker showed up my property as efibre enabled this morning! Order gone in and quoting an installation date of November 13th.

Line checker showed up my property as efibre enabled this morning! Order gone in and quoting an installation date of November 13th.

Where are you residing? I am on the phone so can't are your location under your alias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I'm in Kilcoole, made an order with Vodafone this morning, and have an engineer doing the install next Friday. Super.

• Advertisement

I checked my phone number on Eircoms line checker and it says "Fibre is coming to your area: Oct-13" Should it update on vodafones line chcker tomorrow? When should I ring vodafone to get it installed? Do i have to wait for them to say its available?

I checked my phone number on Eircoms line checker and it says "Fibre is coming to your area: Oct-13" Should it update on vodafones line chcker tomorrow? When should I ring vodafone to get it installed? Do i have to wait for them to say its available?

Oct-13 meaning October 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Don't let that put you off, the line checker for me said it wasn't available. Ring Vodafone, at least you'll know for sure one way or the other.

Oct-13 meaning October 2013.

Gosh darn it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

I am in charlesland. Just put number in the checker on eircom site and it says congratulations you can get our fastest speed.

Did they put us live?

Jimjay wrote: »
    I am in charlesland. Just put number in the checker on eircom site and it says congratulations you can get our fastest speed.

Did they put us live?

Well they put the whole area live on the Eircom map and there already seems to be many addresses in their database on some cabinets. For example, in our estate, Rathdown Park has live #10, 165,166 etc. It is quite random. They don't have everyone on the cabinet and probably not for a few weeks or even longer.

Friend of Mine who is a Eircom Engineer has found out for me that Kilcoole (Seaview/Lottlane Cab) is going live 6th November which makes sense since Sales are Telling me to Order from the 10th onwards Just have to wait now!

Friend of Mine who is a Eircom Engineer has found out for me that Kilcoole (Seaview/Lottlane Cab) is going live 6th November which makes sense since Sales are Telling me to Order from the 10th onwards Just have to wait now!

Is the Greystones area quoted for the same date or later? :)

Is the Greystones area quoted for the same date or later? :)

I have no Idea Since Kilcoole is on the Edge of the Exchange they may be working from Greystones outwards? at Least its a Definite Date now fingers Crossed! 1.5mb Is Stonage!

I have no Idea Since Kilcoole is on the Edge of the Exchange they may be working from Greystones outwards? at Least its a Definite Date now fingers Crossed! 1.5mb Is Stonage!

If it was going live on the 6th, why order on the 10th? Why not order on the 6th? :D

But those dates look about right if nickhx got November 13th.

It is quite unfortunate that you have that figure. Ask your mate does he know anything about Priestnewtown. Is there an exchange there or will they be building another one?

• Advertisement

Get your friend to get a boards.ie account and answer all our questions ;) :P

Get your friend to get a boards.ie account and answer all our questions ;) :P

I wouldn't be surprised if he was already on here but they probably can't discuss such matters or they'd get fired. There was an engineer who was on the main Eircom Fibre Rollout forum who disappeared during the summer and he was coming out with some details that were quite useful but then some may have changed due to Eircom always change dates but it wasn't always their fault.

If it was going live on the 6th, why order on the 10th? Why not order on the 6th?

But those dates look about right if nickhx got November 13th.

It is quite unfortunate that you have that figure. Ask your mate does he know anything about Priestnewtown. Is there an exchange there or will they be building another one?

I will be Ordering Come November il Ring Everyday! :P
    The Joys of Living in Kilcoole on the Edge of Two Exchanges!
    *She pulled a Favour so hopefully that date is correct!
    I Know there is a Exchange in Priestnewtown beside Killpedar Cemetary but it is not Commisioned for ADSL let alone VDSL it acts as a Mini exchange.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was already on here but they probably can't discuss such matters or they'd get fired. There was an engineer who was on the main Eircom Fibre Rollout forum who disappeared during the summer and he was coming out with some details that were quite useful but then some may have changed due to Eircom always change dates but it wasn't always their fault.

I Used to Work for Eircom They Operate Slowly as you can See!

I will be Ordering Come November il Ring Everyday! :P
    The Joys of Living in Kilcoole on the Edge of Two Exchanges!
    *She pulled a Favour so hopefully that date is correct!
    I Know there is a Exchange in Priestnewtown beside Killpedar Cemetary but it is not Commisioned for ADSL let alone VDSL it acts as a Mini exchange.

Yeah, I remember somebody mentioned it to me. I was told that at a later stage they might upgrade this to enable it for VDSL hardware.

I Used to Work for Eircom They Operate Slowly as you can See!

I just hope that they get the rural folk sorted with units pole-mounted so they can reach people in the back of nowhere. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Seems that he Court and Wood are on their list of addresses now, no sign of the Grove and Park yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

No VDSL cabs yet in the Grove or Park - you'll be waiting unfortunately until they're put in.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gorehoundess

How do you find out which exchange you're on?, I rang eircom this morning (always thought I was on the Greystones exchange) and they told me that my line and address was on the Blessington Exchange! I live off the lott lane in Kilcoole, near bayview., when I expressed my astonishment!, they told me not to worry, my line will go live on Nov. 6th, and it doesn't matter how far the exchange is, only how far the cabinet is!!!...crazy stuff!

How do you find out which exchange you're on?, I rang eircom this morning (always thought I was on the Greystones exchange) and they told me that my line and address was on the Blessington Exchange! I live off the lott lane in Kilcoole, near bayview., when I expressed my astonishment!, they told me not to worry, my line will go live on Nov. 6th, and it doesn't matter how far the exchange is, only how far the cabinet is!!!...crazy stuff!

Is Lott Lane the road down towards Glenroe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

You might be on the Seaview/Lott Lane cab. There are other cabs on the Main street and Sea Road (at Beechdale). It's the Newtown exchange and by the looks of what others here are saying is that it should live very shortly. It's a shame Bayview is a little bit away from the Seaview cab as the potential speed will drop off somewhat.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Is Lott Lane the road down towards Glenroe?

Advertisement