Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tap splashing everywhere

Options
  • 22-03-2020 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I have a mixer kitchen tap in my apartment, that splashes when the water hits the sink or dishes etc. I'm trying to work out why as it has really started to become annoying.

I do not know the make or model of the tap and there are no markings on it that I can see.

It has the base similar to this tap and the head similar to this tap.

Would a rectangular aerator similar to this one potentially solve the issue?

Are aerators relatively easy to replace and similar across brands of taps or do they tend to be specific to a brand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

why dont you just partially open it, so pressure isnt as high?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Does this happen when you turn on only the hot? If it only happens when you turn on the cold then the problem may be the pressure on the cold supply to the tap is too high - fix maybe to get a pressure reducer put on the pipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

It happens when it's both hot and cold and even at relatively low pressure. The pressure isn't any more that other taps I've used without issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

In that case it might just be the wrong tap for the sink.

I replaced the mixer tap in my parents kitchen and the reach of the tap was different on the replacement and it splashes everywhere. The original mixer tap which didn't splash didn't reach out as far into the sink.

GinSoaked wrote: »
    In that case it might just be the wrong tap for the sink.

Potentially, though would seem unlikely. It was a new build and all the apartments have the same sink/tap combination. It also splashes when washing dishes / hands where other taps don't.

You can also tell the water isn't coming out of the tap cleanly.

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone has similar issue. I took the head off the top and ripped out the aerator. Far less splashing now. It's not ideal as the water leaks for a few seconds after you close the gap now but it's much better.

Have a new aerator coming so hopefully it fits and that will sort it.

Advertisement