Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Eden Concentric Mixer Shower

Options
  • 24-03-2020 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi there,

We have this mixer shower in en-suite the temperature is extremely Difficult to move. It is like a knot. I have use wd40 to loosen it but if it is not used for few days when I come back from holidays for example it is all tightens up again.

Please see pictures attached.

I have one in main bathroom and it is ok. Triton want a charge out fee of €70. Any suggestions before I go down this route?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm not familiar with the shower but you could be better off replacing it if it's a few years old. It's listed as 250 euros on the triton site and you should be able to get it cheaper at a trade counter. Triton are charging you 70 plus parts. Can't see it under 150 euros & could be over 200 parts and labour for repair. If triton comes out you pay 70 euros. If you then decide that replacement is better value triton won't replace the shower. They only repair. So after paying 70 euros & deciding that replacing is better than you still have to pay a plumber for the replacement.

The big question here is how old is the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Gerard93

marieky21 wrote: »
    Hi there,

We have this mixer shower in en-suite the temperature is extremely Difficult to move. It is like a knot. I have use wd40 to loosen it but if it is not used for few days when I come back from holidays for example it is all tightens up again.

Please see pictures attached.

I have one in main bathroom and it is ok. Triton want a charge out fee of €70. Any suggestions before I go down this route?

Thanks in advance
    How old is it ?
    I have exact same shower same problem, got the cartridge replaced under warranty - there was a 2 year warranty on the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

It’s over 2 yrs old was installed in December 17 and to be honest it never worked right but didn’t do anything about it in time and the warranty is now up. Do you know would it be expensive to replace the cartridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

marieky21 wrote:
    It’s over 2 yrs old was installed in December 17 and to be honest it never worked right but didn’t do anything about it in time and the warranty is now up. Do you know would it be expensive to replace the cartridge.

These showers come with a five year parts & labour warranty in the UK and two years here. It might be worth asking if they can do anything as a good will gesture. If you are lucky they might provide the part for free & just charge for the labour. Shower is three months out of warranty. I'd expect them to do something for you.

Another option is to ignore the warranty altogether. Your contact is with whoever you bought the shower from and not Triton. Under Irish consumer protection law "the sale of goods act" you have up to six years protection if the part failed due to a manufacturer fault. You will get better advice on this in the consumer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

Thanks for all the advice, didn’t get back to the shop where I bought it yet with the lockdown and rang manufacturer they won’t do anything. Might just have to put up with it. Thanks all

• Advertisement
Advertisement