Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating system water overflowing into domestic!

Options
  • 19-03-2020 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Give me opinions on this!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Very bad layout. Your heating tank is not being properly supported and is putting pressure on your domestic tank. No covers on either tank and both pipes and tanks are not insulated.
    Call a plumber asap before the lot ruptures and causes some real damage

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Looks like an old system, that needs urgent attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Above is very easy fixed yourself. Your real problem is why hot water is pitching into the tank in the first place.

Check your central heating system, Have you zone valves, what pump speed setting is in use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭youtheman

F*ck me, but that's a botch job if I ever saw one. So you could have your central heating system, complete with corrosion inhibitor, flowing into your domestic tank. So you'd be washing your teeth with corrosion inhibitor !!!!.

Put the small tank on the same level as the big tank and just run to overflow out through the eve in the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭berrycherry

Thanks for the replies. This is a rented property. Have a case against the landlord for repairs. He is cleaning a new heating system installed 5yrs ago 🙄.

How much would it cost to have a plumber come out and give me a report on the condition of this set up?

House has back boiler, open fire.

Oil boiler out the back. Both seem to be running against one another and not working in tandem. Opposite pipes in rads get hot for each of them. Left for back boiler, right for oil boiler.

• Advertisement
Advertisement