Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Fluence issues/problems?

• 26-10-2020 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

How are people getting on with the fluence.
    Any more problems with them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭vandriver

kala85 wrote: »
    My Fluence taxi has 378 k up.The engine is still sweet.No smoke at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

vandriver wrote: »
    My Fluence taxi has 378 k up.The engine is still sweet.No smoke at all.

Did you have to replace anything else or did anything else go on it?

How often do you get it serviced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭vandriver

Did you have to replace anything else or did anything else go on it?

How often do you get it serviced.
    Serviced every 15k km.

What I have had replaced would not be representative of ordinary car use,because taxi-ing is hard on every component.
    But...clutch alternator starter motor and a recon gearbox.

vandriver wrote: »
    Serviced every 15k km.

What I have had replaced would not be representative of ordinary car use,because taxi-ing is hard on every component.
    But...clutch alternator starter motor and a recon gearbox.

Thanks for your help.

How much did these parts cost. Are they expensive.

How much would a 15k service cost normally. Feel free to pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from old thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I bought a Fluence new in Feb 2011, just passed 200K km on Saturday. Got a brilliant scrappage deal at the time, think I paid €15.5K. Have found it a great car, still running perfect now. Only problem I have had, outside normal wear and tear, was the motor for the front passenger side window went wallop about a year ago, cost €200 to replace. I put that down to the children continually slamming that door over the course of 9 years!

Only other issue for me is that the engine is a bit loud by modern standards. When I drive newer cars, I notice how much quieter they are inside than the Fluence.

I used to do a lot of motorway driving (Cork-Dublin) and the car is incredibly frugal for these journeys. It is a bit more thirsty around the city but still decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

We've nearly 300,000km on ours, only thing we had to replace was the heater blower, has all the original suspension parts, had to pick up a mirror / window switch for a few euro on ebay, other than that just regular service once a year.

biko wrote: »
    Moved out from old thread.

Why did you move it from the old thread. Its the same topic. It would be handy to keep all the information together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The old thread was from 2012 or so.
    Don't worry, there is room for another thread for your questions.

Advertisement