Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid locator form?

• 24-10-2020 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

How does the covid locator form work? I need to fly into Dublin next month but I am not going to fill it in since it is a direct invasion of my privacy and the Govt cannot be trusted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

theguzman wrote: »
    How does the covid locator form work? I need to fly into Dublin next month but I am not going to fill it in since it is a direct invasion of my privacy and the Govt cannot be trusted.

With the sh1te you post on here you're worried about your privacy?

Stay where you are maybe. We'll survive without you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

You’ll be denied entry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

You’ll be denied entry.

You cannot be denied entry to your own country, it is unconstitutional and an infringement on my privacy and personal freedom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,137 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

€2,500 fine or up to 6 months in prison or both. Would expect them to lean on the heavier side given we are on level 5... and I hope they do!!

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ab900-covid-19-passenger-locator-form/#

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

When passing through passport control they'll ask you for it, likely will require you to fill in before talking to you

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭jenneyk19

were you not flying into Belfast airport before

jenneyk19 wrote: »

Flights got cancelled, would need to to spend maybe 1-2 days in the UK, my option now involves a mammoth task of trains from London to Scotland and the internal ferry to NI. We are sliding slowly towards absolute totalitarianism and people don't realize what is happening. My own area has one of the highest incidence rates in Europe, why I would need to self isolate other than to protect myself really.

jenneyk19 wrote: »

Might be a slight immigration issue with his new wife.

Flights got cancelled, would need to to spend maybe 1-2 days in the UK, my option now involves a mammoth task of trains from London to Scotland and the internal ferry to NI. We are sliding slowly towards absolute totalitarianism and people don't realize what is happening. My own area has one of the highest incidence rates in Europe, why I would need to self isolate other than to protect myself really.

So your issue isn't privacy? You just don't think the law should apply to you?

So your issue isn't privacy? You just don't think the law should apply to you?

I don't think this law should apply to anyone, I have my own legitimate privacy concerns regarding it. If you want to stop Covid you close the airports and seal the Northern border, what we are doing here is an absolute farce, it is designed not to stop covid but instead unnecessarily intrude into the privacy of citizens.

• Advertisement

I don't think this law should apply to anyone, I have my own legitimate privacy concerns regarding it. If you want to stop Covid you close the airports and seal the Northern border, what we are doing here is an absolute farce, it is designed not to stop covid but instead unnecessarily intrude into the privacy of citizens.

Given the question you asked in the OP and your other posts I'm actually lost for words. Irony doesn't even come close. Utter stupidity doesn't cover it either. Maybe something will come to me. In the meantime do us all a favour and stay away.

Given the question you asked in the OP and your other posts I'm actually lost for words. Irony doesn't even come close. Utter stupidity doesn't cover it either. Maybe something will come to me. In the meantime do us all a favour and stay away.

You seem to have an issue with me, do please spit it out whatever is bugging you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You fill it in, print out the email receipt and show them that as you come through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

If you have no intention of using the form why do you care how it works?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

As has been stated this thread is pointless. Why would one need to know how a form works, if one has no intention of using said form. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement