Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex partner breaking Covid rules

Options
  • 08-10-2020 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

So my ex partner who my child lives with during the week is breaking the Covid lock down rules by travelling to another county and having people travel from a higher risk county stay in the house.

I think is extremely ****ty as it adds to the risk of her/my child catching Covid and then passing it on to me and my family when the child stays with me.

She says I am been unreasonable when I tell her that I don’t like what she is doing and that I am asking her not to see her new partner for weeks.

With people not been able to visit dying relatives or not been able to fly home to see family, I don’t think this is unreasonable at all. Am I wrong?

Is there anything I do to stop her breaking the rules etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

sharky86 wrote: »
    So my ex partner who my child lives with during the week is breaking the Covid lock down rules by travelling to another county and having people travel from a higher risk county stay in the house.

I think is extremely ****ty as it adds to the risk of her/my child catching Covid and then passing it on to me and my family when the child stays with me.

She says I am been unreasonable when I tell her that I don’t like what she is doing and that I am asking her not to see her new partner for weeks.

With people not been able to visit dying relatives or not been able to fly home to see family, I don’t think this is unreasonable at all. Am I wrong?

Is there anything I do to stop her breaking the rules etc

Probably nothing you can do about it but it is a ****ty thing to be doing. People like your partner are the reason why we will be in semi lockdown for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Probably nothing you can do about it but it is a ****ty thing to be doing. People like your partner are the reason why we will be in semi lockdown for the foreseeable future.

Ex partner! But yes I agree with you entirely it’s very ****ty

• Registered Users Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Very ****ty thing to do . I have a sister who travels the length of the country to stay in our parents (86+90 ) house and got offended when I called her arrogant. Your ex is showing similar arrogance, the the rules are for other people not her and I think you’ve every right to be upset and call her out on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

cj maxx wrote: »
    Very ****ty thing to do . I have a sister who travels the length of the country to stay in our parents (86+90 ) house and got offended when I called her arrogant. Your ex is showing similar arrogance, the the rules are for other people not her and I think you’ve every right to be upset and call her out on it

Half the country is saying one thing and quietly doing another. The case count tells us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

the penalty for breaking covid rules is not withdrawal of parental rights.

you could report your ex partner, but for the sake of the child all you can do is appeal to her better senses. if it falls on deaf ears then that is how it is.

i recently had a discussion with a family member who was livid that heavier fines and penalties are not in effect, but i quietly pointed out some o their plans (that dint actually go ahead) were not within the spirit of the law. Many people rationalise their own actions while tutting at the nutters protesting masks in town.

• Advertisement

the penalty for breaking covid rules is not withdrawal of parental rights.

you could report your ex partner, but for the sake of the child all you can do is appeal to her better senses. if it falls on deaf ears then that is how it is.

i recently had a discussion with a family member who was livid that heavier fines and penalties are not in effect, but i quietly pointed out some o their plans (that dint actually go ahead) were not within the spirit of the law. Many people rationalise their own actions while tutting at the nutters protesting masks in town.

Definitely not thinking about the withdrawal of parental rights, that would be an equally ****ty thing to do, guess I am looking for reassurance that I’m not been crazy thinking that people should adhere to the short lock periods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Are you sure it's not jealousy that's driving this "concern"? What county are you living in and what county is the "offending party" coming from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭salamiii

report her to garda give them her car plate number you can look up different Garda stations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭thomas 123

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not jealousy that's driving this "concern"? What county are you living in and what county is the "offending party" coming from?

Watch out DR Phil is here.

I think he was quite clear in the post that the rules are being broken... jealousy ffs...

pinkyeye wrote: »

Haha seen as I’m married to my wife the last 11 years, I think I can get away without calling Dr Phil on that one but nice try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

You are both wrong.

No one from other households should be visiting. Yes this will be mentally damaging. But it will stop you getting covid.

The child shouldn't be staying with you during level 5 ..and she shouldn't be visiting her partner during level 5.

I am getting sick of people like your partner breaking rules and claiming 'oh my mental health'.

I am going to be honest ...i don't care about people's mental health if they are endangering other people.

Sorry but there you go.

I wouldn't report her though....why ....well you have to put up with her for the next few years etc. You are co parents. You have to keep the peace or it will get bad.

I would stop having the kid over if i were afraid though. But that is me.

I understand if you can't do that. It would be really tough on your kid etc.

Yes she is wrong but there is nothing you can do without making your situation with her as co parent much worse.

I mean you can't rat your neighbors out etc ....you have to live with them ..same with co parents ..even MORE so.

Advertisement