Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in D15 doing outdoor dining or takeaway services

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks maryjane, I'm going to check that one out too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Rudy's would be the other option, they are now doing delivery too I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

miamee wrote: »
    We have a birthday coming up in the house so looking for suggestions of restaurants in D15 that do nice restaurant level food but for take away so we can pretend to be in a fancy restaurant :D

Mulberry Restaurant at the Halfway House is doing take-away as well. Haven't tried it, just seen the ads on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Another one that might be worth looking at is Luttrelstown at home - they do it weekly for collection over the weekend. Looks lovely but a little pricey.

How pricey is pricey, I see a sample kids menu and wine menu on the below link but nothing regarding the standard menu and it's pricing.
    https://www.luttrellstowncastle.com/dining/at-home/

Their Sun lunch used to be very good although haven't been since they increased pricing from €25 to €30 for the 3 course option.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

How pricey is pricey, I see a sample kids menu and wine menu on the below link but nothing regarding the standard menu and it's pricing.
    https://www.luttrellstowncastle.com/dining/at-home/

Their Sun lunch used to be very good although haven't been since they increased pricing from €25 to €30 for the 3 course option.

€30

https://shop.luttrellstowncastle.com/dining-home/#view-menu

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Myself and OH had a burger from the place in The Bell carpark last week. We both had the Gourmet Classic burger and OH had some chips as well. The burgers were really good in my opinion, a fresh, thick, tasty beef patty with lettuce, pickles, tomato and dressing. Much nicer than what you would get in the chipper. The sun was shining and we sat on a kerb eating and enjoyed every bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

New Sunday market down at the Wren's Nest in Strawberry beds - Mafia food is so good! There's a taco truck too, haven't tried yet.

I noticed in the last few days that there is now Mao at Home in the same unit as Dantes Pizza next to Starbucks/Leisureplex. Nice to see them back if even just for takeaway right now. The only unit I knew of that was still open was in Dun Laoghaire but that has now closed down (as opposed to closed due to covid).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I see the Clonsilla Inn are starting take away pints from around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I noticed in the last few days that there is now Mao at Home in the same unit as Dantes Pizza next to Starbucks/Leisureplex. Nice to see them back if even just for takeaway right now. The only unit I knew of that was still open was in Dun Laoghaire but that has now closed down (as opposed to closed due to covid).

Good to hear, was sorry to see them close in Blanch village as always enjoyed their black pepper beef and they used to do good value lunch meals.
    No mention of the new location on their website so looks like ordering online for collection is not an option. With less passing traffic at Blanch centre don't understand why they can't at least have their website up to date.

There was an advertisement in a local paper for a new menu at Camille Thai, Blancherstown venu with a €10 off voucher. Tried ordering online at the weekend to avail of it but the advertised menu in the paper didn't match the online (either website or app) version. Rang the store and they didn't have items on the advertised menu either and wouldn't honor the voucher. To rub salt in the wounds they then hung up on me when they were supposed to check on another item. In a few different attempts to order from Camille Thai have had bad experiences so went to Blue Elephant instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I see the Clonsilla Inn are starting take away pints from around now.

There wasn’t much evidence of “Take Away” as their Car Park was packed with people guzzling Pints this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,010 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    There wasn’t much evidence of “Take Away” as their Car Park was packed with people guzzling Pints this evening.

Picture I saw had at least one Garda car

Good to hear, was sorry to see them close in Blanch village as always enjoyed their black pepper beef and they used to do good value lunch meals.
    No mention of the new location on their website so looks like ordering online for collection is not an option. With less passing traffic at Blanch centre don't understand why they can't at least have their website up to date.

There was an advertisement in a local paper for a new menu at Camille Thai, Blancherstown venu with a €10 off voucher. Tried ordering online at the weekend to avail of it but the advertised menu in the paper didn't match the online (either website or app) version. Rang the store and they didn't have items on the advertised menu either and wouldn't honor the voucher. To rub salt in the wounds they then hung up on me when they were supposed to check on another item. In a few different attempts to order from Camille Thai have had bad experiences so went to Blue Elephant instead.

The new Mao is on the website now. I think I might have to investigate the menu for tonight or tomorrow night :D

551087.png

That's a shame about Camile, we order from there fairly regularly and never have issues. Having said that, I always order on the app for collection so I wouldn't be on the phone to them too often.

ETA: weirdly you can also order Dante's pizza for collection or delivery from the Mao at Home website. No mention of that until you get in to the menu section though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ETA: weirdly you can also order Dante's pizza for collection or delivery from the Mao at Home website. No mention of that until you get in to the menu section though.

Not sure why you would want to though, worst pizza I've ever had in a restaurant. The base was more like one of the pre-prepared ones you add your own toppings to at the deli counter in a supermarket than something prepared in a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Yes, drove past last night. Idiots. No wonder the guards turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

Drove past myself and seen them sitting on the wall in the sunshine.

My thoughts were that at least they were outdoors. Far less chance of passing on the disease than sitting indoors in someones kitchen or livingroom knocking, back a slab. On the other hand, its quite likely that they went back to someones home to continue the session after finishing at the Clonsilla Inn.

Also wondered what the toilet arrangements were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

Murt10 wrote: »
    Also wondered what the toilet arrangements were.

Apparently the jax were open for the take away pints.....

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

So how're the D15 Foodies all getting on with outdoor eating back on the cards?

Anglers Rest - Had a beautiful outdoor lunch, covered area and very relaxed. Looking forward to going again.

Rudy's - had home delivery which was savaged by all, Beef Cheek was insanely good. Hoping to get there soon for outdoor eating.

Goats Gruff - Have had lunch time sambo's and coffee only so far (superb!) can't seem to get an evening pizza booking since we have had access to baby sitting :p Living in hope!

BuJo - Picked up a drive through last weekend as it was recommended in another thread here, really delicious and so efficient. Will have to be careful not to over indulge :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

KGLady wrote: »
    So how're the D15 Foodies all getting on with outdoor eating back on the cards?

Anglers Rest - Had a beautiful outdoor lunch, covered area and very relaxed. Looking forward to going again.

Rudy's - had home delivery which was savaged by all, Beef Cheek was insanely good. Hoping to get there soon for outdoor eating.

Goats Gruff - Have had lunch time sambo's and coffee only so far (superb!) can't seem to get an evening pizza booking since we have had access to baby sitting :p Living in hope!

BuJo - Picked up a drive through last weekend as it was recommended in another thread here, really delicious and so efficient. Will have to be careful not to over indulge :o

You have to book the pizza for Goats Gruff in or around 2pm. I usually book via WhatsApp and email. Always works.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Is the Angler's Rest first come for seating or can you book a slot?

• Advertisement

ongarite wrote: »
    Is the Angler's Rest first come for seating or can you book a slot?

You have to book a time, on-line.
    Was there two weeks ago, quite disappointing won’t be going back anytime soon.

You have to book the pizza for Goats Gruff in or around 2pm. I usually book via WhatsApp and email. Always works.

It’s obviously very popular, as bookings for table’s are weeks down the road for a Friday or Saturday evening/night.

I'm afraid to say I haven't been to any outdoor dining in D15 since things re-opened but will have to rectify that in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Ah I was intending on doing it with a table for a few beers from Strawberry Hall too, and that's the booking which is more elusive! Picking up pizza for taking home might be the only way while the outdoor tables are so busy!

I've been to Goat's Gruff three times since this on weekend mornings and it has been lovely each time, I really enjoy their outdoor seating area. The ham & cheese sambo is good.

Advertisement