Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necro's Walrus - Judging Solo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can the solo artist have been in a band before but now solo so song submitted is from them as a solo artist? (7)

Example like Robbie Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Forum Games have been a bit slow the last few days, I reckon people busy with everyday life. Have the same situation with my, surlaw, no movement the last few days.
    Everyone just gave up after my amazing sheep game, there was no topping it :pac:

Suffering from Walrus withdrawals now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Entered, though don't expect to do well :D

Of course it's you that's wrong cause my songs are great

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Can the solo artist have been in a band before but now solo so song submitted is from them as a solo artist? (7)

Absolutely no issue with that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Up to 12 now with osh's entry. Sign ups closing on Sunday night!!

• Advertisement

Green&Red joins the fray as our thirteenth entrant. But will that be lucky OR unlucky 13? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Necro wrote: »
    Green&Red joins the fray as our thirteenth entrant. But will that be lucky OR unlucky 13? :D

I’ve long held the belief that you have zero really, really, really bad taste in music so I expect the results to confirm that!

JP Liz and Trigger are in, bringing us up to 15 entries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Having trouble picking which 10 Meatloaf epics, will PM you shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Kolido wrote: »
    Having trouble picking which 10 Meatloaf epics, will PM you shortly

Two out of three aint bad ;)

• Advertisement

I like some Meatloaf.... though which ones.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Deja Boo wrote: »

You took the words right out of my mouth

Kolido wrote: »
    You took the words right out of my mouth

JohnGreenFan is now in too

Welcome to the Neighbourhood JGF :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Deja Boo wrote: »

Two out of three is still two too many

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

in, but seriously conflicted on a few of my entries

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Trigger wrote: »
    Two out of three is still two too many

giphy.gif

At least there wasnt a dry eye in the house

Rikand brings us up to 18 entries with only three days left to go to get your entries in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It will be with you soonish in fixXxer time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Rikand brings us up to 18 entries with only three days left to go to get your entries in!!
    Don't think I'm going to have time :(

Let's just assume that this time round you see the light and Nice Weather For Ducks wins the pre-covid fun round :pac:

Same here, unfortunately. I am up to my eyeballs in work-and-exam related stress at the moment so afraid I don't have the time or energy to devote a worthy submission, either here or with bj's Walrus. :(

But given the scores you gave me in your previous Walrus Necro, it may be better for the both of us (thank fúck Stu Redman's taste was more aligned to my own!) :pac:

Look forward to seeing the results though.

• Advertisement

Let's just assume that this time round you see the light and Nice Weather For Ducks wins the pre-covid fun round :pac:
    Same here, unfortunately. I am up to my eyeballs in work-and-exam related stress at the moment so afraid I don't have the time or energy to devote a worthy submission, either here or with bj's Walrus. :(

But given the scores you gave me in your previous Walrus Necro, it may be better for the both of us (thank fúck Stu Redman's taste was more aligned to my own!) :pac:

Look forward to seeing the results though.

That's a shame folks, I'd like to think my tastes have altered with all the awesome music through these contests. :P

Still at 18 entries currently with just under 36 hrs left to go :)

Still time to speedrun an entry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'll get one into you before the deadline.

Thanks for the entry, Arghus. While the blurbs about the songs don't affect my ranking of the songs submitted, they're always a joy to read so cheers for that too :)

19 entries folks, about a day left to go till we close her up and throw away the key!

Reberetta's entry brings us up to 20 with just over 2 hours left to get your entry in....

fixXxer wrote:
    It will be with you soonish in fixXxer time

Tick tock motha fixxxa.

On another note tusk has sent his entry in bringing us to 21 players.

That's erm... 210 songs to appraise.

*Gulps*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Tick tock motha fixxxa.

On another note tusk has sent his entry in bringing us to 21 players.

That's erm... 210 songs to appraise.

*Gulps*
    That's a couple of dozen albums worth of music by my reckoning :eek:

Right sign ups are closed anyways folks. I've been listening all day to the playlists and I'm rather impressed. Once beakerjoe has finished up his own Walrus I should be good to go nearly straight away :)

FixXxer with a late late entry -

giphy.gif?cid=549b592d3941965b54a693b80494a4f436dde2ee769c423c&rid=giphy.gif

Brings us to 22!!!

In order of entry....

Irish Aris
    s1ippy
    ShaneU
    Deja Boo
    the purple tin
    RasTa
    LeVar
    Sawduck
    Gru
    Mustang Shelly
    Clarabel
    osh
    Green&Red
    JP Liz
    Trigger
    JohnGreenFan
    Kolido
    Rikand
    Arghus
    Reberetta
    tusk
    fixXxer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

7th in, one of my lucky numbers, I hope that bodes well for me, I definitely want that 5th win just to round things up... :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Oh I truly don't remember entering this at ALL at all, what I submitted is anyone's guess. Let the games begin I suppose, haha!

Advertisement