Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Renewing C1 licence

Options
  • 25-10-2020 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi, not sure if this is the right section for this question, I am looking to renew my c1 licence that is ran out since 2018, completed the full cpc course a few years ago but didn’t do any cpc courses in the last 4 or 5 years, just wondering do I need to have all the 5 cpcs up to date to renew the licence. Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnyj

Not if you don't use it for a living. If you are being paid to drive for a living then you need cpc's but the license can be renewed without them. I did it a couple of months ago but i dont drive a truck for a living. It is handy if you had a camper that required a C1 to drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Homer jay

johnyj wrote: »
    Not if you don't use it for a living. If you are being paid to drive for a living then you need cpc's but the license can be renewed without them. I did it a couple of months ago but i dont drive a truck for a living. It is handy if you had a camper that required a C1 to drive it.

That's great news johnyj, I am booked in for Wednesday morning to renew the licence and a friend reckoned I would need an up to date cpc to renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnyj

Well i had no bother and i have the c1 and e+c1 and cpc never came up. As i said it is only a driving for reward that cpc is required.

And also i think that once the licence is not more than 5 years out of date it can be renewed and it can only be renewed for 5 years now from what i was told. Have you the medical done for it?

My car licence is still in date but the c1 licence is out 18 months or so, when I renewed the licence the last time it was a 10yr licence but didn't realise the c1 licence was only for 5yrs. Don't use the c licence but handy to keep it incase I need it. Doing the medical in the morning. Thanks again for you help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Homer jay wrote: »
    My car licence is still in date but the c1 licence is out 18 months or so, when I renewed the licence the last time it was a 10yr licence but didn't realise the c1 licence was only for 5yrs. Don't use the c licence but handy to keep it incase I need it. Doing the medical in the morning. Thanks again for you help.

• Did you get the eye test done as well?, also the medical can only be with in a mouth old when you are at NDLS Center,also only taking essential workers for next 6 weeks, im in process renewing my Licence with C1, when i phoned to book medical they inform me i have to have eye test done first, but on other post on board others said when they renew their licence the eye test was done at medical, i have booked a eye test with a optician and they are going to charge me €60 for a 2 part test as needed with truck licence?

• Advertisement

I was at the doctor this morning and she filled in both the medical form and the eye sight form, hopefully that will do as I am booked into the ndls for the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Homer jay wrote: »
    I was at the doctor this morning and she filled in both the medical form and the eye sight form, hopefully that will do as I am booked into the ndls for the morning.

You should be good to go then, not sure what sort doctors i have, don't know why then they cant do the eye test.

Got the licence renewed today, no need for cpc to be done to renew, I had both completed medical cert and eyesight form, the girl said the medical form was all I needed, the eyesight form was only needed when applying for the first time in group 2.

Advertisement