Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Out of stock. Order & we will email.

Options
  • 24-10-2020 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭

I sometimes see a message that an item is out out stock but if I order it Amazon will tell me when it's available.

Do they hold an amount on your card ?

When it does arrive in stock do you then get an option to buy or not ?

I am thinking that if an item takes ages you may of changed your mind or bought elsewhere.

Comments

Amazon only hold an amount on your card when an item is in stock and charge it when it's shipped.
    Not too sure on your second question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

You can usually cancel unless the order is being fulfilled. In this case should be possible if out of stock.

Just be aware that your order may get cancelled in a few weeks if they can’t fulfil it. Has happened me 3 times recently, weeks after the order was accepted (and was supposed to be in stock when the order was placed).

Advertisement