Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JCT staff day

Options
  • 01-10-2019 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Has anyone had their JCT whole school day yet? If so, what was it like? Please tell me it was better than last years one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

We had the TLAR a few weeks ago. Once again, it felt like a waste of a day. They spent half the day talking about giving feedback to the students. Then they made us look at samples of corrected work and we had to critique the teacher feedback. There was something else, but by that stage, I had zoned out.

Then in the afternoon, they gave us an hour of planning time in our specific departments.

There were 4 outside people presenting. How they can justify having that many people out doing these workshops is beyond me. It really feels like a waste of resources. At times, it seems like the workshops are just about the JCT trying to justify their importance and being. I really felt I would have been better off teaching my actual classes that day.

Advertisement