Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding a zone to a HKC panel & part-set?

Options
  • 18-11-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for some advice and help with the following:
    I have a HKC alarm system in house and have added an extension to house, we prewired for a PIR and a Sound Bomb in the new room, wiring goes back to panel.
    However, there's no information on HTC web site about installation or setup etc. The company who installed the system originally are no longer available.
    I have the engineer code and the normal code of course, but I am a little daunted as I have never worked with an alarm panel before.
    I need to:
    1: open panel and connect wiring from new PIR and Sound Bomb
    2: Create a new zone with the new PIR on it alone
    3: Get the new sound bomb on same circuit as existing one
    4: Make this new zone available in a part-set so it can be armed while the rest of the system is not active.

Any advice/help/pointers most welcomed.

Thanks in advance
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

ev612337 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for some advice and help with the following:
    I have a HKC alarm system in house and have added an extension to house, we prewired for a PIR and a Sound Bomb in the new room, wiring goes back to panel.
    However, there's no information on HTC web site about installation or setup etc. The company who installed the system originally are no longer available.
    I have the engineer code and the normal code of course, but I am a little daunted as I have never worked with an alarm panel before.
    I need to:
    1: open panel and connect wiring from new PIR and Sound Bomb
    2: Create a new zone with the new PIR on it alone
    3: Get the new sound bomb on same circuit as existing one
    4: Make this new zone available in a part-set so it can be armed while the rest of the system is not active.

Any advice/help/pointers most welcomed.

Thanks in advance
    D

Hi ev612337,

First thing you need to do is see if you have a zone free in the panel to take the pir.
    Did you run two cables to the extension, if not how many cores are on the cable you ran ?

1 + 2 wire pir into panel on a free zone. red/black "power" green/white "alarm" blue/yellow "tamper"

3 You should be using an echo as this has a tamper, if not, it is wired into the internal bell back at the panel in with the cables that are already there. Note there is a + and - in the panel and sound bomb.

4. enter eng code, scroll to zones with # button, press yes, scroll to zone options, press yes, scroll to zone number you have the pir on, press yes, scroll to the part set you require be that a or b. press yes. quit quit, exit eng yes. done. you can also change the name of the zone by going into the zone names in the zone menu..

Hope this helps, any problems let me know..

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ev612337

Hi Altor,
    Many thanks, got it all working and with the part set configuration I wanted too.
    Cheers
    ev612337

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

ev612337 wrote: »
    Hi Altor,
    Many thanks, got it all working and with the part set configuration I wanted too.
    Cheers
    ev612337

Your welcome ev612337, glad to hear it all worked out..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 needhamd

Hi,

How do you disable zones & panic buttons please?

Advertisement