Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYE Online for details of a short-lived employment

Options
  • 07-10-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Worked for a week in a company but now with a new one. Do i add the short lived employer on PAYE Online so that i dont get emergency taxed when they pay me? The new employer ive started with in the sane pay period (monthly)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Tow

Add the employer you want to allocate your tax credits to. i.e. your current employment. If you do nothing, the first one to pay you will probably get them.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

I am in a similar situation but since I was to be paid by the month by my short lived employment, I wont receive my payment until the end of this month, and I am still registered as "active" under the old job, presumably until I get paid, will my new job be alerted to this? Since it was very short lived I omitted it from my employment history.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Tow

Your new job will not be alerted to anything.

In simple terms they 'Request a RPN' for you:

1) If they receive one they use the values it contains.
    a) At the point in time they make the request, your old employer(s) has Submitted a Leave Date for you. - Your Tax credits will transfer to your new employment.
    b) Your old employer(s) have not Submitted a Leave Date. - Yours credits/allowances will be zero and you pay full Income Tax and USC on all your earnings.

2) No RPN is returned. You will be taxed at Emergency Tax rates.

In case 1b you can log onto myAccount (or phone) and transfer your credit/allowances your self.
    In case 2 you must phone Revenue your self.

If you think 1b may occur you can log onto myAccount and cease the old employments(s). You can also setup the new employment but there should be no need to. Their new RPN Request will set it up automatically.

Revenue believe in self responsibility.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

Many thanks.

Advertisement