Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC House Alarm

Options
  • 23-08-2007 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

Would appreciate some help from any Sparks out there

I have moved into a new house and I have the code for the alarm but I need to change some settings and I dont know the engineer code. I did a course on alarm installation a few years ago and I know how to reset the defaults on the alarm but I can't remember if that also resets the engineer code to the default.

Anyone know??

The alarm is a HKC Securewatch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Without the Eng. code you've no chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

Are you sure about that.

I'm not talking about just trying to change it at the keypad. There is a method of resetting the panel which resets all settings to default.

Are you an alarm engineer or are you speaking as a user?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Yes it will default the engineer code also, provided the engineer lockout is disabled.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried to reset the panel to see if its engineer locked.
    Power the system down. disconnect the mains supply & the battery.
    Remove the factory link "LK1"
    power the system up & enter the factory user code 01111
    If the system disarms you have sucessfully defaulted it.
    Enter the engineer code 04567 & away you go/...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

Thanks Koolkid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

NPs Did that work for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

hi chipboard

why dont you ask hkc for the eng code. He's not a bad chap. He has done a lot of the alarms in Navan. I found him very nice to deal with. Just ask him to change the eng code. You might get a call out fee but then you have your code.

regards

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 2 susiesue2017

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you tried to reset the panel to see if its engineer locked.
    Power the system down. disconnect the mains supply & the battery.
    Remove the factory link "LK1"
    power the system up & enter the factory user code 01111
    If the system disarms you have sucessfully defaulted it.

Hi KoolKid,

I need your advice please. I've my battery changed, enter factory user code 0111. Now there is the message appear saying Memory Error. What should I do now ? How can I reset the new code then. Your advice will be very much appreciated.

regards,
    Susiesue2017

I'd try repeat the process again and see what happens. If you continue to get that message you would need an engineer to take a look at it for you. It may need a new panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 susiesue2017

I'd try repeat the process again and see what happens. If you continue to get that message you would need an engineer to take a look at it for you. It may need a new panel.

Koolkid you mentioned it on your last post about engineer code 04567, what is the next step after I enter it ? I just want to reset alarm code please, thanks a million

• Advertisement

Is this a HKC Securewatch system?
    If the panel defaults disarm using 01111 (Default User Code) then enter engineer code 04567.

The system can then be all programmed via the engineer menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭byrner51

Sorry for crashing this thread but hoping someone can help me out. Recently moved into a house with a hkc secure watch alarm I've managed to factory reset it however I need instructions on how to reprogrammed zones setting up as a sensor / pir any help would be much appreciated

If you enter engineer mode as shown in the previous post.
    The main changes needed are zone types.
    Normal zones are alarm by default. Front door should be exit/entry. Panic buttons Panic. And fire if there are any smoke alarms.
    Zone attributes. PiRs should be set up for PGA and/or PGB. Any PiRs near the hall/front door should also be set for access.
    In Users set up your user code. Change user 1 so that the default code doesn't remain.
    Set time/date to current.
    That should get it up and running again. After that you can change the zone names and have a browse around the menus and come back to me if you have any problems /questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭byrner51

If you enter engineer mode as shown in the previous post.
    The main changes needed are zone types.
    Normal zones are alarm by default. Front door should be exit/entry. Panic buttons Panic. And fire if there are any smoke alarms.
    Zone attributes. PiRs should be set up for PGA and/or PGB. Any PiRs near the hall/front door should also be set for access.
    In Users set up your user code. Change user 1 so that the default code doesn't remain.
    Set time/date to current.
    That should get it up and running again. After that you can change the zone names and have a browse around the menus and come back to me if you have any problems /questions.

Thanks your an absloute gent that got me sorted with everything I needed to do and it's now up and running. Much appreciated.

Your welcome. Have a browse through the engineer menus. If you need anything else come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 needhamd

Hi,

Do you know how to disable zones and panic buttons please?

Thanks.

Advertisement