Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get up the increment ladder for past work experience of relevance

Options
  • 28-09-2019 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I became a teacher after working for many years in the private sector in financial services. I believe the experience from this is beneficial to my current role as a Business and Maths teacher and so would like to apply for additional increments based on this and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this process and how to go about it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

Jane98 wrote: »
    Hi,

I became a teacher after working for many years in the private sector in financial services. I believe the experience from this is beneficial to my current role as a Business and Maths teacher and so would like to apply for additional increments based on this and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this process and how to go about it.

Thanks

https://www.education.ie/en/Education-Staff/Services/Payroll-Financial/Incremental-Credit/Information.html

Talk to Union, they might know of similar cases which they represented, so there could be precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭CraftySue

There is a form on education.ie, it enables you to clain incremental credit for relevant non teaching experience - you can get up to 5 years credit

Advertisement