Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of pigeon/dove is this?

Options
  • 03-10-2019 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

This lovely fella, or girl perhaps, appeared in my farm yard about a week ago and seems to have taken a shine to the place. Very friendly, will land on my outstretched hand for food. No sign of a ring/tag. Can anyone help identify what breed/species it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just a feral pigeon if not ringed.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Micheal H

Ok, thanks for that. Would it be unusual for a feral pigeon to have that sort of colouration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They come in all shades

1.jpg?i10c=img.resize(height:160)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Micheal H wrote: »
    This lovely fella, or girl perhaps, appeared in my farm yard about a week ago and seems to have taken a shine to the place. Very friendly, will land on my outstretched hand for food. No sign of a ring/tag. Can anyone help identify what breed/species it is?

You'll have plenty more to follow if they find a nice nesting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Micheal H

They come in all shades

Looks that way alright. I've only ever really encountered the grey ones.
    Dakota Dan wrote:
    You'll have plenty more to follow if they find a nice nesting place.

Think this is actually the first pigeon that's ever arrived here at the farm as far as I can remember. Will wait and see if more follow his lead. Have plenty of crows to make up the difference in the meantime though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement