Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Yoga place? Yogi?

Options
  • 08-05-2014 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭

Ladies who Yoga ? Logis? :p

I was thinking about Yoga. But the class at my gym is very cookiecutter. I wanted something more..... oooooom diva oooooom etc.

Something a little more spiritual?

Preferably somewhere either in the city centre or southside.

It would be nice to do something over the summer.

Do you have anywhere you like or any teacher you like?

Thank you Yoga peeps. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

There's one in douglas community center which was wayyyy too spiritual for me, i prefer a bit of a good stretch! I'll dig out her number and pm it on.

Edit, just occuring to me, you may not mean my city, cork! What city do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

pwurple wrote: »
    There's one in douglas community center which was wayyyy too spiritual for me, i prefer a bit of a good stretch! I'll dig out her number and pm it on.
    Thank you YES PM IT!:)
    Does she do Dublin? I think Douglas community centre is Cork?

And not to say I am not into athletic forms too. But I did want this angle :-)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I used to practice ashtanga at Open Mind Yoga in Pearse Street. Loved it, and Anto Kearney was a fantastic instructor. :)

Was around €10-12 a class depending on how long the class was.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Hi OP, I have moved your thread to the Yoga & Pilates forum, you might get more answers here.

Regards,
    Sauve.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Moonberry

Yoga Dublin Studios has a couple of different studios in Dublin (Ranelagh, Dundrum and Dun Laoghaire). I can't post a link but it's one of the first places that comes up if you google Dublin Yoga!

I've only been to a handful of classes over the last couple of months and never done yoga anywhere else so can't really compare it but there's a nice atmosphere in my (limited!) opinion, I've only been to the Ranelagh studio. They seem to do a good mix of different things so there may be a class that suits you. They do workshops at weekends as well which change from week to week, I've seen some aimed at relieving stress and relaxation which seem to be fairly popular as they get booked up on the site quite quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Lou.m wrote: »
    Thank you YES PM IT!:)
    Does she do Dublin? I think Douglas community centre is Cork?

And not to say I am not into athletic forms too. But I did want this angle :-)

Naw she is from cork, sorry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

Hi Lou,
    There are many good yoga teachers who also include meditation, pranayama, and more more spiritual sides of yoga than just the physical.

You could try the Yoga Room in Ballsbridge, or Kanta Barrios, or Cathy Pearson who all teach in Dublin.

Or you could immerse yourself for a weekend yoga retreat or a week-long yoga retreat holiday with very genuine yoga teachers who include more spiritual aspects as well as the physical aspects of asanas and sequences.

Here at the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre we have a team of 16 of the best yoga and meditation teachers, each of them living the path of yoga as well as teaching it. All of them bring in the spiritual side to varying degrees, some going deeper into chackras.... some into pranayama techniques, others into various aspects of meditation and some even doing chanting.

Please feel free to contact me off line, and if you tell me more what you are looking for, then I can suggest which teachers will offer more in that line.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

burrenyoga wrote: »
    Hi Lou,
    There are many good yoga teachers who also include meditation, pranayama, and more more spiritual sides of yoga than just the physical.

You could try the Yoga Room in Ballsbridge, or Kanta Barrios, or Cathy Pearson who all teach in Dublin.

Or you could immerse yourself for a weekend yoga retreat or a week-long yoga retreat holiday with very genuine yoga teachers who include more spiritual aspects as well as the physical aspects of asanas and sequences.

Here at the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre we have a team of 16 of the best yoga and meditation teachers, each of them living the path of yoga as well as teaching it. All of them bring in the spiritual side to varying degrees, some going deeper into chackras.... some into pranayama techniques, others into various aspects of meditation and some even doing chanting.

Please feel free to contact me off line, and if you tell me more what you are looking for, then I can suggest which teachers will offer more in that line.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

Looks like nice weekend packages :-) I am looking for a FB page.

I used to practice ashtanga at Open Mind Yoga in Pearse Street. Loved it, and Anto Kearney was a fantastic instructor. :)

Looks great actually.

Moonberry wrote: »
    Yoga Dublin Studios has a couple of different studios in Dublin (Ranelagh, Dundrum and Dun Laoghaire). I can't post a link but it's one of the first places that comes up if you google Dublin Yoga!

I've only been to a handful of classes over the last couple of months and never done yoga anywhere else so can't really compare it but there's a nice atmosphere in my (limited!) opinion, I've only been to the Ranelagh studio. They seem to do a good mix of different things so there may be a class that suits you. They do workshops at weekends as well which change from week to week, I've seen some aimed at relieving stress and relaxation which seem to be fairly popular as they get booked up on the site quite quickly.

Ranelagh would be very near. Checking out their page and FB TY

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yoga dublin in ranelagh was great, we had a french lady I think, it was an excellent balance between the two
    I think it was them anyway
    no!
    It was yoga hub
    http://theyogahub.ie/index.php/teachers/

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yoga dublin in ranelagh was great, we had a french lady I think, it was an excellent balance between the two
    I think it was them anyway
    no!
    It was yoga hub
    http://theyogahub.ie/index.php/teachers/

Thank you!

Checking them out! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

Lou.m wrote: »
    Looks like nice weekend packages :-) I am looking for a FB page.

Hi Lou,
    FB page is
    https://www.facebook.com/Burrenyogaretreats

Please be aware that the website is what is used for all up to date info and upcoming retreats www.burrenyoga.com

FB page is mainly a pointer to the website.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Open Mind have closed, sadly. Anto is teaching in YDS Ranelagh, I agree that he is an amazing teacher!

Advertisement