Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

N5 - Ballaghaderreen to Scramoge [construction to commence shortly]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

5 weeks later, no decision. Website still states decision will be made by 09/07/2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Aontachtoir

marno21 wrote: »
    5 weeks later, no decision. Website still states decision will be made by 09/07/2018.
    Maybe it's an American date and they mean the 7th of September. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I've emailed them looking for an update. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

spacetweek wrote: »
    I've emailed them looking for an update. We'll see.

Any response?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

user1842 wrote: »
    Any response?

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

CIS reporting that the design and build tender is being released in Q4, no mention of whether planning has been granted but presumably thats a positive sign

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

CIS reporting that the design and build tender is being released in Q4, no mention of whether planning has been granted but presumably thats a positive sign
    That's Westport-Turlough rather than this scheme.

Ah so it is, my bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

Maybe it's an American date and they mean the 7th of September. :)

Website updated, decision now due on 8th November

Website updated, decision now due on 8th November
    11 months for this makes me cry at how long the Galway N6 Ring Road is going to take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

marno21 wrote: »
    11 months for this makes me cry at how long the Galway N6 Ring Road is going to take.

Anyone know has an oral hearing been held for the N5 scheme? Or is it still due to be held before November? I thought they were mandatory for a project of this size

Anyone know has an oral hearing been held for the N5 scheme? Or is it still due to be held before November? I thought they were mandatory for a project of this size
    I don't believe there was one.

It's surprising as I thought the usual suspects would be all over this one.

Anyone know do ABP have a specific infrastructure person/team or are all planning appeals treated the same? The number of SHD applications is clearly causing issues recently with a number of appeals missing deadlines. With housing apps only going to increase in the next few years they'd want to sort themselves out or hire some extra staff

I really hope this does not go the way of the N26

• Registered Users Posts: 32 newtown13

Irish Independent were reporting at the weekend that a oral hearing was due to take place in October on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭macker16

October 10th oral hearing

What happened to the planning decision? Dependent on the hearing outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Limerick74

Any news from today’s Oral Hearing?

I always find it sad when you see a story like this that involves a road that's being held up for no reason other than political incompetence

https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2018/1011/1002599-roscommon/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Any news on this has anyone heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trafficroad

Anyone hear anything yet????? Decision????

Decision on this was due yesterday. Delayed again?

According to this article, ABP will make their decision "sometime in the New Year".

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/32910-ballina-councillor-slams-doom-and-gloom-about-the-n26

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

lol!

Which New Year I wonder? 2019? 2020? :P

joujoujou wrote: »
    lol!

Which New Year I wonder? 2019? 2020? :P
    Whenever it is, 13 months to make a decision on a 35km single carriageway project is scandalously long. There wasn't that much backlash to this project. I'd be horrified to think at how long the M6 Galway project will take.

Why the hell does An Bord Pleanála lie and say:

Why even bother noting a date. They should just say, whenever we feel like it.

That is crap news for the N26 too, another exceptionally poor road for a primary route.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

And don't forget this thread started at the end of May 2015. :eek:

More than 3 years moving papers left to right and back again plus issuing false statements and useless announcements. I wish I had a job over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

joujoujou wrote: »
    And don't forget this thread started at the end of May 2015. :eek:

More than 3 years moving papers left to right and back again plus issuing false statements and useless announcements. I wish I had a job over there.

Be lucky if the road was built by May 2025

• Advertisement

Advertisement