Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corey Taylor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I like Black Eyes Blue

Must look up some of his solo stuff on youtube, he does good cover songs

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Not sure if CMFT must be stopped belongs in the what the f*ck are you doing or fair play category, will give the rest a listen, whatever project he's been involved he generally comes up with good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Man a solo Olympia or Vicar Street would rule

Not a fan of that rap ****e but like the other stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Forum Or Against 'Em live stream was absolutely class.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It was wasn't it.
    I'd a few beers in me, decided I had to watch.
    It was entertaining. Must have been been strange for them though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Corey's also said that he's got 3 more albums worth of stuff to record.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I have been listening to this for the last few weeks and it is really enjoyable, nice and diverse, heavy Stone Sour vibes on some tracks, Black Eyes Blue would fit on Audio Secrecy, Sliverfish on HOGAB, and Everybody Dies On My Birthday on Hydrograd.

Samantha's Gone has GNR vibes, and love the old school bluesy-ness of The Maria Fire, Meine Lux is the only track that does nothing for me, I love how an emotional piano ballad is followed by a weird boastful rap metal track, it does seem to annoy the 'Not Metalz' crowd, that can only be a good thing, he did say he might bring out another album next year and tour off the two of them, hope that comes to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I like this stuff, not keen on all of it, but love his unique voice. Actually his cover of 'Wanted Dead or Alive' is great too IMO

He has a new album out in September, this is the first song off it, I like it

Been listening to CMF2 a fair bit over the last while, it's a lot less diverse than his first album, seems more coherent and not as all over the place.

Nothing daft like CMFT Must Be Stopped this time, it's more serious, some tracks would fit well on HOGAB, love We are The Rest, Post Traumatic Blues and Sorry Me reminds me of Bother.

Would love to see him live but given he's cancelled a tour not sure how likely that is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement