Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please

Options
  • 18-06-2020 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for a new vaping kit.

Ill happily admit that Im a complete novice and have no idea what I should be looking for.

I have been using the Innokin Jem Pen from VIP for the last couple of years but lately Im finding the coils are burning out within a couple of days , I bought a new pen just to rule that out but its still the same with the coils.

I have no idea what to look for as I've always just grabbed a kit from VIP (was using the Arramax pen before that but the leaking was terrible ) but would like something a bit better and that will last longer.

I only vape menthol liquid so something that will bring out the flavour would be most important to me.

Any advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭kg703

I use the Artery Pal 2 with the updated (pro?) insert - I think they might all come with this insert - e.g. the mouthpiece is round.

Its small, its very simple and easy to use and I've had it over a year now - beforehand I was going through vapes every three months because they were breaking or leaking all the time. This is not sophisticated kit now, I like them small so I can put it in my pocket. If you are looking for the real deal someone else might be able to advise you.

One thing about the coils running out so quick could be the type of coil and juice rather than the pen. I have a few juices that are 70vg and will destroy my coils nearly instantly. You'll need better kit to vape those - lower number coil (0.6/0.5) and higher wattage. Its really annoying because nearly all the big bottles are 70 / 30 but I really want 50 / 50. So its likely not the pen itself but the type of coil and juice thats cause the burn.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

kg703 wrote: »
    I use the Artery Pal 2 with the updated (pro?) insert - I think they might all come with this insert - e.g. the mouthpiece is round.

Its small, its very simple and easy to use and I've had it over a year now - beforehand I was going through vapes every three months because they were breaking or leaking all the time. This is not sophisticated kit now, I like them small so I can put it in my pocket. If you are looking for the real deal someone else might be able to advise you.

One thing about the coils running out so quick could be the type of coil and juice rather than the pen. I have a few juices that are 70vg and will destroy my coils nearly instantly. You'll need better kit to vape those - lower number coil (0.6/0.5) and higher wattage. Its really annoying because nearly all the big bottles are 70 / 30 but I really want 50 / 50. So its likely not the pen itself but the type of coil and juice thats cause the burn.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for the advice , that looks really good and gets great reviews too.
    I never thought of the juice being the problem with the coil but that could be it as when all the shops were closed I was using the cheap one from the euro shop as there was nothing else i could get.

Advertisement