Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for 2 weeks for typing "right ok"

Options
  • 26-07-2020 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

Banned for trolling.

Complete joke. Mod is looking for any excuse to ban me.

Is "right ok" trolling? Is it worthy of a ban?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,596 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

Yes. He has said I have had numerous infractions and the ban is justified

I have had numerous infractions. I'm not disputing that.

Right ok is hardly trolling? Its hardly justifies a two week ban?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,596 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks

I've dropped a note to the CMods

• Administrators Posts: 13,798 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Hi ExMachina1000.

I'll look at this for you. Can you forward me on the PM exchange between you and the moderator, or post it here for me.

Thanks,

Hi ExMachina1000.

I'll look at this for you. Can you forward me on the PM exchange between you and the moderator, or post it here for me.

Thanks,

Dear ExMachina1000,

You have been banned from Politics for two weeks for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

This is your fifth sanction in two months. Low level trolling and sniping.

• Advertisement

Dear ExMachina1000,

You have been banned from Politics for two weeks for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

This is your fifth sanction in two months. Low level trolling and sniping.

To: ancapailldorcha
    Date: 25/07/2020 | 18:20
    Right ok means I don't care if you are paying x for y.

No sniping no trolling.

A ban? A joke

To: ancapailldorcha
    Date: 25/07/2020 | 18:20
    Right ok means I don't care if you are paying x for y.

No sniping no trolling.

A ban? A joke

Date: 25/07/2020 | 21:36
    You're adding nothing to the thread. I've tried warning you but it's had no effect so now the ban is being increased

Thanks,
    I'll look into this the evening.

Thanks,
    I'll look into this the evening.

Thanks.
    Now I want chips

Did you get your chips?

Sorry I haven't been back to this. I've had a busy week. I will get to it this evening and will have an answer.

• Advertisement

Did you get your chips?

Sorry I haven't been back to this. I've had a busy week. I will get to it this evening and will have an answer.

I did. Not too bad either. Ok no worries. I'd kind of forgotten anyway

Hi ExMachina1000 I have spent a bit of time going through relevant threads and posts. I think to claim you were - banned for 2 weeks for typing "right ok" - is simplifying matters a bit.

I understand you have a contrary opinion to many on the thread, and that in itself isn't an issue. Contrary voices and opinions are required for healthy debate. The issue comes when you post an opposing view, drop it in to a thread and then don't argue your point. Don't back it up with evidence or reasons. That can come across as trolling and offering a contrary opinion, just to be contrary!

You've been given numerous warnings over a short period of time but your posting style has remained the same. In this instance, I'm going to let the 2 week Politics ban stay in place. And hope when you come back to the forum that you find a way to flesh your arguments out and offer something constructive to the forum. A contrary view, expressed well, can stimulate healthy debate.

Are you OK with this decision, or would you like to request an administrator to look at it?

Hi ExMachina1000 I have spent a bit of time going through relevant threads and posts. I think to claim you were - banned for 2 weeks for typing "right ok" - is simplifying matters a bit.

I understand you have a contrary opinion to many on the thread, and that in itself isn't an issue. Contrary voices and opinions are required for healthy debate. The issue comes when you post an opposing view, drop it in to a thread and then don't argue your point. Don't back it up with evidence or reasons. That can come across as trolling and offering a contrary opinion, just to be contrary!

You've been given numerous warnings over a short period of time but your posting style has remained the same. In this instance, I'm going to let the 2 week Politics ban stay in place. And hope when you come back to the forum that you find a way to flesh your arguments out and offer something constructive to the forum. A contrary view, expressed well, can stimulate healthy debate.

Are you OK with this decision, or would you like to request an administrator to look at it?

That is ok
    Fair enough

Thanks both - marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement