Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

trudub83 wrote: »
    I think he needs to drop Murph and Austin for a game or two.

I also think appointing Pearce as the captain is a mistake unless he hasn't a problem dropping his captain because the way he's being playing of late - deserves to be dropped.

I totally agree. I actually thought that Pearce was only a temporary apointment. It was for the first game or two and I never heard it being made permanent. By the sounds of things, Cooper has offerred a bit more than Pearce and I'd say that Bellusci would have started with Cooper tonight if it wasn't for his fookup on Saturday. Whatever about Murphy but I certainly think we must now have better than Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I'm dreading to see what team he puts out. He will probably play a bunch of young lads and when we get hammered claim that we need to concentrate on the league.
    Alcohol may be required to watch this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

SarahBM wrote: »
    I'm dreading to see what team he puts out. He will probably play a bunch of young lads and when we get hammered claim that we need to concentrate on the league.
    Alcohol may be required to watch this game.

Same here. I hope he plays Silvestri though. There is no need to give your 2nd choice keeper game time when your 1st is low in confidence. Hopefully Taylor plays LB too instead of Warnock. He'll be eager to impress I feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Looks like Warnocks getting the Palace job

Got it. :eek::confused::eek:

From Pulis to Warnock - proper LOL at that!

On Leeds Oscar Garcia is getting linked with us and Fulham due to managers being under serious pressure and him walking away from the Maccabi Haifa job for safety reasons after guiding Brighton to 6th last year.

Also versatile defensive player Faraoni from Udinese being linked through our Italian inside man Ema Guilianelli. at 22yo and coming originally from Inter he fits the mould of what we've been signing. Had a season at Watford and sounds decent. Need full back cover if they are all gonna keep getting sent off!

Looks like Warnocks getting the Palace job

Poor Palace.

Don't like Warnock, though did think he was suited to Leeds when he was appointed, thought it was the obvious match up but it didn't really work out great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We are looking poor again. Just hoofing it to Matt Smith.

This is really poor. Sky commentators getting in as many digs as they can. Leeds fans sounding amazing as always.
    I'd be worried about Taylor in goal.

Murphy off.

What a silly challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Murphy off.

What a silly challenge.
    Bloody lucky he didn't go for the first tackle. To put it mildly, it was crude.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Are you aiming for the record of most red cards in a season?

Kingp35 wrote: »

About the only prize we will win!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Kingp35 wrote: »

Thought you were a Leeds fan?

I can't cope
    *breaks out the beer and chocolate*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I can't cope
    *breaks out the beer and chocolate*

good idea sarah. although not bad start to the 2nd half

Thought Parkinson overstepped the mark there, but on slo mo seemed like he was stepping in to calm Sharp down.

"Intruder on the pitch". Gotta be 2 to 1 on it's one of ours!

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    Thought you were a Leeds fan?

Typo. Sometimes I wish I wasn't!

Take back what I said about Taylor there. He saved our butts just there.

This is painful to watch. My crunchie is very nice though.

Well well well.

Good goal.

Well well well.

Another good goal.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Time to go Hockadaisy:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

surely if it finishes like this, Hock is gone.
    surely.

Ah here

didn't see the game....only heard the commentary here and there.
    are we crap?

Ah, Leeds fans v seats, episode 76!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

didn't see the game....only heard the commentary here and there.
    are we crap?

Our goal in the 82nd minute was our first shot on target. So yeah, we're crap.

Zaph wrote: »
    Our goal in the 82nd minute was our first shot on target. So yeah, we're crap.

have we had more red cards than shots on target this season?
    no, that couldn't be the case, we've the same amount of red cards as goals though :o

forgot about the 1 goal we got against Watford, so we'll have to have another player sent off at the weekend to make up for it.

I don't think I'll be able for extra time if we manage to find an equalizer

Never mind

nothing to worry about Sarah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So in the 97th minute, a defensive free kick, long ball...and not one Leeds player jumps for it or is near it...a red card, take the lead with 8 minutes remaining, concede 2 in the next 5 minutes...sounds normal!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That's grand, we can concentrate on the league now until we get knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. By concentrating on the league obviously I mean keeping an eye on our likely opponents in League One next season.

• Advertisement

This isn't going very well at all is it.

Can't for the life of me see Hockaday in charge for the next game.
    6 games
    4 losses
    1 cup win against terrible opposition (1 loss against terrible opposition!)
    1 lucky win in the league
    4 red cards
    feck all shots on target

need to get an italian and english speaking coach in place pretty sharp.
    Zola or Di Matteo seems like good candidates.

need to get rid of some of the last remaining wasters and hope that we haven't just replaced what we were able to get rid of with Italian dead wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

It was a big ask to win, I'm at a complete loss to see any positives ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭Hijpo

There didn't seem to be any kind of plan or tactic or deliberate route of passing at all in that game. Under the cosh for most of it and didn't look like troubling them anywhere on the pitch. 18 seconds into the game there was already 4 hoofed balls, I knew from then what the theme was going to be.

Disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Leeds are a team in near complete freefall. Havent quite found the bottom yet. Coach, assistants, most of the squad are just pure second rate. Legacy accounts for some it but not all of it. Cellinio is a chancer of the highest order.

Where's the class? Where's the ER bought & paid for as promised a few months ago?

Mark these words.....it will not end well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

need to get an italian and english speaking coach in place pretty sharp.
    Zola or Di Matteo seems like good candidates.

Don't think either would touch the job with a twenty foot pole.

Mezcita wrote: »
    Don't think either would touch the job with a twenty foot pole.

Adryan talks have stalled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Hijpo wrote: »
    Adryan talks have stalled

Reports tonight saying that it's on

6 Pointer vs Bolton this Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Leeds are a team in near complete freefall. Havent quite found the bottom yet. Coach, assistants, most of the squad are just pure second rate. Legacy accounts for some it but not all of it. Cellinio is a chancer of the highest order.

Where's the class? Where's the ER bought & paid for as promised a few months ago?

Mark these words.....it will not end well

I hope Hockaday gets the boot but the players have let him down with their stupid red cards so i kinda feel sorry for him in that regard ,

As for people mentioning Di Matteo :confused::confused::confused: he is a champions league winning manager , he wont go near us !!

I dont think getting on Cellino's back is the right way to go , he has spent money and continues to do so ,

And as for the players , honestly who has heard of any of the foreign lads ? i love a new signing as much as the next fan but we dont know how these lads will perform in England , only time will tell us that , im certainly not gonna pass judgement on any of them for a while yet !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

A word of warning about signing second rate Italians from Serie B clubs - David Platt did it for Forest at the turn of the century. All of them were a failure, and England's blue-eyed boy left us with a £12m loss, which at the time, coupled with the collapse of ITV Digital, left us almost bankrupt. Now, Cellino has pumped in enough money to secure your future, but I wouldn't be expecting much from any Italian signings.

JokerD wrote: »
    Reports tonight saying that it's on

Dont know if its a bad source but here is the link
    http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/adryan-talks-with-leeds-united-stall/

grenache wrote: »
    A word of warning about signing second rate Italians from Serie B clubs - David Platt did it for Forest at the turn of the century. All of them were a failure, and England's blue-eyed boy left us with a £12m loss, which at the time, coupled with the collapse of ITV Digital, left us almost bankrupt. Now, Cellino has pumped in enough money to secure your future, but I wouldn't be expecting much from any Italian signings.

The only thing I'd say about all these lads who have come in is that they are all current or former u-21 internationals for their respective countries, so they all have some form of half decent pedegree
    Hijpo wrote: »
    Dont know if its a bad source but here is the link
    http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/adryan-talks-with-leeds-united-stall/

I'll believe it once Ema confirms it

championc wrote: »

I'll believe it once Ema confirms it

Reports now that they look set to finalise the deal today.

Fabian Delph in the England squad ??!

They must be very stuck ,

Leeds due a few bob if he's capped ?

We are in for Brian Montenegro - this isnt funny anymore!

Didnt he have a stint with West Sham United?

What is going on with our club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

trudub83 wrote: »
    We are in for Brian Montenegro - this isnt funny anymore!

Didnt he have a stint with West Sham United?

What is going on with our club?

We're currently buying average players, most who have not played in the Championship before, and from the look of that article - we're still looking to buy more. Instead we should be looking at a more experienced coach/manager who would bring out the best in the players we've already got.

iseegirls wrote: »
    We're currently buying average players, most who have not played in the Championship before, and from the look of that article - we're still looking to buy more. Instead we should be looking at a more experienced coach/manager who would bring out the best in the players we've already got.

We did that - warnock and McDermott both fall into that category , the problem is what we already got is fooking pants

I agree with both. You would think if anyone could of turned us around on paper it would have been Warnock/McDermott

I also think Whackaday isnt the man to get us promoted. I mean he took a comfortable mid table Forest Green side and got them relegated.

I think with this influx of players, we now need a manager who has experienced the Championship before. Not necessarily promotion but knows how difficult it is to get out of this god forsaken league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭adaminho

Fabian Delph in the England squad ??!

They must be very stuck ,

Leeds due a few bob if he's capped ?

Same could be said about Danny Rose, surely there were clauses inserted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

According to the Leeds United website, they are looking to recruit stewards are Elland Road : http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1mefbyeuv1o0n131u7it7x1wje/title/steward-recruitment-evening
    My guess is that this is a ploy to get people in for interview and the best one will be offered the position of head coach.
    Recruiting a head coach from a non-league team hasn't worked, maybe a good steward could do a better job. In fairness, he couldn't do much worse.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement