Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Monday

Options
  • 23-03-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭

Canon Law in the 4.10 lads. Should go in today. Currently 6/1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Lucky Boo runs in the first at Wolver after running 6th in Dundalk last month.

Currently 6/1 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Placed a small bet on Canon Law as betfair are doing a promotion on this race

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Jeez ya beauty i hardly ever back my own horses let alone anyone elses but felt like a gamble and got 10.5 on Betfair...:D

Loved the Should go in comment...

1st 4 Canon Law (IRE) 8/1
    2nd 3 Tizlove Regardless (USA) 5/1
    3rd Fantasy Gladiator 13/2

Keep them coming Gringo180 :)))))))))))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

aidankkk wrote: »
    Jeez ya beauty i hardly ever back my own horses let alone anyone elses but felt like a gamble and got 10.5 on Betfair...:D

Loved the Should go in comment...

Delighted you were on, small payback for all those winners you gave me. Hope more followed suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MagicMan2

Thank you Gringo, great tip

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Thanks Gringo, made a quiet morning here in the office in a freezing cold Toronto entertaining and profitable!

No bother lads got word this morning that it was out to win today. Any more info i get from the same source ill post it up here. Enjoy your winnings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 strap1818

Long time lurker what away to break it by saying Thx very much Gringo and all the rest of ye
    with those grat tips

• Advertisement

strap1818 wrote: »
    Long time lurker what away to break it by saying Thx very much Gringo and all the rest of ye
    with those grat tips

No problem mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Cheers Gringo, plus got best price with PaddyPower! Happy Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nevis7

the turf club were digging recently

"The Referrals Committee, Sean Barry (in the chair), Philip Caffrey and Robert Dore met in the Turf Club, The Curragh, Co. Kildare on Wednesday, 4th March 2015, to consider whether or not Albert Moriarty, Restricted Trainer, was in breach of any rules as a result of a random stable inspection carried out at his Training Establishment on 20th January 2015 by Turf Club officials Michael O’Donoghue and Nicola O’Connor M.V.B.

During the inspection they found a number of anomalies including that:
    i) Canon Law had not been returned out of training;

ii) Canon Law had run at Dundalk on 16th January 2015 in the name of Albert Moriarty despite being owned by Michael Flannery and/or Paddy Merrigan;

In his evidence Albert Moriarty accepted the points made by Michael O’Donoghue. He said while he had a lease from the owners of Canon Law, it had not been registered as he was unaware that a registration was necessary.

Having considered the evidence, the Committee found that Albert Moriarty was in breach of:
    i) Rule 148(vi) for failing to return Canon Law out of training. He was fined €130 in respect of this rule breach.

ii) Rule 273(xiii) for allowing Canon Law to run in his name at Dundalk on 9th and 16th January respectively even though they were not his property and there was no lease agreement in place.

The Committee noted that this was a very serious breach of rule which would normally attract a disqualification. However, on the basis that Mr Moriarty did not knowingly set out to mislead anyone and in view of the way he met the case, the Committee imposed a fine of €2,500."

for those that do not know, mr flannery is a lumpy punter cum owner trainer on the flapping circuit and ex jockey merrigan twins with him.

flannery and merrigan are based in the general athlone area, Kelly from the same region, the "new trainer" had no winner in 2014, then this horse pops up and wins today.

1- I wonder who now owns the horse, or is he now officially leased?
    2- how long has Kelly had the horse in his care, what is his relationship with flannery or merrigan

congrats if you won with canon law today, the affair stinks to high heavens and anyone wanting a clean playing field would like to see the turf club dig deeper and not drop the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Lucky for you it was at wolves and you weren't cleaned at the track Nevis :pac:

Seriously though, the sport does itself little favors at times. We all like to be part of a gamble but the above goes a little deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Well done Gringo, stuck him on to my patent as the weakest selection and all 3 came good.

Advertisement