Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs Manchester United Match Thread. k/o 13.30 26/4/15 Sky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Robson99

Di Maria for young or Fellani. Both have been poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,356 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just take Valencia off dont even care if we bring on a replacement im sick of looking at him at this stage, how our full backs can get to the byline numerous times a game he never gets past the 18 yard line, also slows possesion constantly and is a mediocore defender at best

Valencia has been good imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I could see Fellaini getting a red so Di Maria on for him would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Valencia has done alright, so too has Smalling. McNair and Shaw are having howlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Blind is not the kind of player you want in a physical midfield battle at goodison

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Sand wrote: »
    Rooney isn't getting slaughtered?

Rooney has scored more goals in the last few weeks than Falcao has scored all season. Falcao is a trier but all season he has looked completely anonymous.

He is saying they both played similar games recently but one barely gets mentioned and the other gets slaughtered its bizzare to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Falcao with no shots on target in his last 8 appearances, warming up on the pitch at ht.

Just take Valencia off dont even care if we bring on a replacement im sick of looking at him at this stage, how our full backs can get to the byline numerous times a game he never gets past the 18 yard line, also slows possesion constantly and is a mediocore defender at best

Valencia is the least of our problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Also, why in the f*ck would any United fan want Falcao on?

Exactly. If Falcao comes on, I am 100% certain a repeat of Hazards goal will happen. He's not strong enough when Everton are playing as physical as they are. Which is why I'm in 2 minds about Di Maria coming on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Everton have been hungrier. Simple as that. United playing like a side that have fourth secured.

Falcao on at HT I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Whoever scores the next goal will win this imo.

Liam O wrote: »
    Valencia has been good imo.

Ok for all u give out about end product i thought toni v would make u cry he offers exactly 0 going forward and an kk defender at best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

No movement or creativity up front, can't blame valencia, we're looking at it with a birds eye view essentially and there isn't much on. I wonder what plan b is?

Exactly. If Falcao comes on, I am 100% certain a repeat of Hazards goal will happen. He's not strong enough when Everton are playing as physical as they are. Which is why I'm in 2 minds about Di Maria coming on.

So Falcao is now being called a defensive risk? Wow.

Stupid tactic from Van Gaal to have Fellani on the post defending a corner and our full back picking their centre half. Madness

Ok for all u give out about end product i thought toni v would make u cry he offers exactly 0 going forward and an kk defender at best
    He's playing right back and a couple of his balls in have found their mark, at least he gets his head up from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Valencia offers nothing going forward. How some people can class him as playing well is bizarre.

Valencia isn't the problem here at all.

Ya he didnt have a hand in evertons goals lol open ur eyes kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭Sand

He is saying they both played similar games recently but one barely gets mentioned and the other gets slaughtered its bizzare to say the least

They're not equivalent players and one has been doing a lot more for the team recently than the other. One has a lot more credit in the bank.

Falcao having a terrible game is not surprising. The "slaughtering" Falcao got after the Chelsea game was a basic recognition that he was not going to improve, that no matter how many chances he got he wasn't taking any of them. Rooney wont get the same criticism because a bad game is just that, a bad game.

So Falcao is now being called a defensive risk? Wow.

I'm a big fan of Falcao but he'll offer nothing in this match. Everything is infront of Everton, something he's plainly awful at. He doesnt have the pace to get behind anyone either. Atleast Rooney has that aspect even though he's offering sweet FA atm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Valencia offers nothing going forward. How some people can class him as playing well is bizarre.

He is seeing a huge amount of the ball so that's prolly why.

The problem is zero end product from him.

He's playing right back and a couple of his balls in have found their mark, at least he gets his head up from time to time.

Nothing into the box has, one pass to mata edge of box got there but put him in trouble, our full backs need to be creative and create in a packed game like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If Valencia comes off, who goes to RB? I'd be very surprised if he comes off.

MagicIRL wrote: »

Ridiculous comment - The man's speed is every defences worst nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Falcao on for Fellaini...lets hope this is the one game Falcao shows up.

Ya he didnt have a hand in evertons goals lol open ur eyes kid
    He was fouled for the first and should not be assigned to pick up a centre half for a corner.
    The bashing of Valencia is hilarious. In some peoples eyes the reason weer not scoring is because of our right back. Oh dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

From John Hartson at BBC
    "I think Angel Di Maria may leave this summer in a swap deal for one of Real Madrid's players. He doesn't look happy. I'm not too sure he will stay."

Is he (as I suspect he is) just talking a massive load of bollocks or has there been reports / mentions of this before in the press?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Falcao on.... Fellaini off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rooney playing as a 10

Sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Mallagio wrote: »

Until he gets to the final ball and generally does nothing with it

Im out two mistakes by toni v lead to goals offers 0 going forward but he is having a great game ye guys are deluded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Also, why in the f*ck would any United fan want Falcao on?

I have wondered this repeatedly but "fans" always point out how he has a great record and history....apparently counter balances him being ****e now. I definitely DON'T want him on

sky88 wrote: »
    Until he gets to the final ball and generally does nothing with it
    Let me guess... couple of years ago you were saying the same thing about Carrick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Shaw is going to be one of the best in the league I've no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

The man's speed is **** all use when he can't cross a decent ball. He can run at you all day and no supply that end ball.

• Advertisement

Im out two mistakes by toni v lead to goals offers 0 going forward but he is having a great game ye guys are deluded

Who said he's having a great game?

Nice early goal here please from United

Was Martinez actually claiming a foul on Barkley there? jesus christ.

Let me guess... couple of years ago you were saying the same thing about Carrick?

He's right, Valencia is generally useless, done fine at right back in recent weeks though for me, mainly because there's less attacking for him to do from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Think he was pushed for the first goal. Thought he was unlucky. Why not blame the two defenders McCarthy went straight past.

• Advertisement

Everton fighting tooth & nail for everything.... Fair play to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

No carricks been great for united missing him today

When was the last time Rooney played well in liverpool. Does the occasion get to him. Should be experienced enough by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Very poor first touch by Lukaku there

sky88 wrote: »
    No carricks been great for united missing him today

Yes he's badly missed here.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Think he was pushed for the first goal. Thought he was unlucky. Why not blame the two defenders McCarthy went straight past.

Toni v covers from corners if he is not winning that ball 100% of the time he should stand off and not leave us out numbered at the back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

niallo27 wrote: »
    When was the last time Rooney played well in liverpool. Does the occasion get to him. Should be experienced enough by now.

Probably the Liverpool match a few weeks back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Shaw has been very good the last two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've tuned in for the second half. Giving the ball away so easily

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Probably the Liverpool match a few weeks back....

No he was very average that day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement