Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I like Oscar, I like him a lot. If you look at him in a kind of "what attributes does he have?" way then he inevitably comes up short. He hasn't got blistering pace, he isn't particularly strong, he hasn't got the jaw-dropping dribbling of Hazard. I suppose he's got a little bit of everything but not really a master of anything. It's his overall game that I appreciate, most of all the interplay he contributes to quite masterfully but in a rather subtle way, he's not very flashly but his touches around the edge of the box, especially when combining with Hazard, scream class. He works very hard off the ball, he's got a knack for scoring big goals, he's very useful in exploiting space on the counter attack, his reading of the game is generally excellent. I do rate him very highly, short of receiving a ridiculous offer for him I don't think the club should even consider letting him go, he's top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Oscars also got touth on his side so hopefully he'll only improve.

Any guy that has Real sniffing around at a young age must be worth a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

@Andersonisgod, you have more faith in him than I do. As a previous poster mentioned, he goes missing sometimes. I'm not doubting his ability or potential but if the price was right and the deal was on the table for Pogba, slan leat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

cadaliac wrote: »
    @Andersonisgod, you have more faith in him than I do. As a previous poster mentioned, he goes missing sometimes. I'm not doubting his ability or potential but if the price was right and the deal was on the table for Pogba, slan leat.

I've been a fan of his for ages, I was lucky to catch his first senior Brazil cap on tv, he was terrific that day, I've rarely been more confident of a young player who would go and play for one of Europe's great clubs. Aspects of his game could do with work, mainly his stats, but over 90 minutes he's often a joy to watch.

Big game this week, one of the ties of the round, up there with Dortmund v Juventus and City v Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    PSG are unbeaten in 32 home games in European competition, going back to 06/07.
    rottie 11 wrote: »
    That will all change on tuesday night :P

It sure will it will be 33 or 0 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Big game this week, one of the ties of the round, up there with Dortmund v Juventus and City v Barca.

Love this round of the CL, great ties this year and after so long without any games really look forward to them. Midweek night games are great too, especially seeing as they seem to be putting a bit of effort into the atmosphere at the bridge lately too!

It sure will it will be 33 or 0 :D

Hopefully the latter :P
    Love this round of the CL, great ties this year and after so long without any games really look forward to them. Midweek night games are great too, especially seeing as they seem to be putting a bit of effort into the atmosphere at the bridge lately too!

Ya, I think its down to the team, there is a lot more to cheer this year than in recent years.

I do think we'll need a big performance over both legs to get through though.

We've not played particulary well in the last few weeks but we've still racked up wins and even the 5-0 against Swansea was a bit of a break from the norm of struggling and faultering play, hwoever, I think now that we're well and truly into the business end of the season we'll see one of two things from this side.

They'll either kick on and maintain this lead and eventually win the title with a game or two to spare or we'll fall to pieces and end up with no trophies.

Jose himself has a few big calls to make for the PSG game, Does Cech continue in goal or does he bring back Courtois? Cech cost us in PAris last year for the 3rd goal and was poor on the 1st one too.

Is it Zouma or Cahill next to JT, the heart says Zouma but the head suggests Cahills experience will get the nod.

Does Jose draft in Mikel next to Matic and play Cesc in the #10 and drop Oscar, hes done it this year a few times.

Willian will more than likely come back in for Cuadrado and leave the team looking like this,

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Mikel
    Willian Cesc Hazard
    Costa

Thats my guess anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

i want zouma in ..zouma v zlatan mouthwatering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

For once I'd play Cahill ahead of Zouma. Zlatan isn't the pacey/physical striker Zouma could dominate with ease, think he might be a bit to fresh to take him on just yet. Hopefully we get a slow and steady performance out of Cahill, the backline should be helped a good bit by Lucas being out, big loss imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Zouma is simply a must for me any more. He's a better defender at 20 then Cahill was/is/will ever be.

i want zouma in ..zouma v zlatan mouthwatering

I'd agree , I'd prefer Zouma as even if Zlatan is likely to do whatever he wants, including dropping into a false 9 type role, that still leaves them with Cavani and Lavezzi running in and off Zlatan so his pace and recovery might be vital, hes also played against PSG for St Etienne so it wont be a new experience for him.
    For once I'd play Cahill ahead of Zouma. Zlatan isn't the pacey/physical striker Zouma could dominate with ease, think he might be a bit to fresh to take him on just yet. Hopefully we get a slow and steady performance out of Cahill, the backline should be helped a good bit by Lucas being out, big loss imo.

I can see the reasoning behind playing Cahill, althoguh I thought Zouma done well against Everton so it'll be hard to drop him, same goes for Cech.
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    Zouma is simply a must for me any more. He's a better defender at 20 then Cahill was/is/will ever be.

It certainly seems like hes on an upwards curve to a level that Cahill would only occupy for glimpses and that was when JT wa operating next to him at his peak too.

Although in the future, given that Zouma is so young, hes going to be a better CB than Cahill, that looks certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I really can't see Mikel as a better option over Oscar in any shape or form. Maybe for the last 20 mins to shore things up but not as a starter

duploelabs wrote: »
    I really can't see Mikel as a better option over Oscar in any shape or form. Maybe for the last 20 mins to shore things up but not as a starter

He isnt but for a defensive, counter attack game, away from home, I can see Mikel getting the nod.

Although TBH, I'd prefer a Matic/Ramires pivot than Matic/Mikel or Matic/Cesc for this game.

I would be playing Cesc at #10 anyway so its either Ramires or Mikel for CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

If we come away with a win from Paris I'd be confident of going through.

Arsenal got an easy draw so thyey should make the QF's, City have a daunting task of trying to sto pa Barca team who are bang in form right now while City are struggling, that could make or break their season.

For the abuse that the disabled travelling Chelsea fans got there last season I really hope we knock 7 shades out of them home and away. They are a side that needs manners put on them in a big way.

For the abuse that the disabled travelling Chelsea fans got there last season I really hope we knock 7 shades out of them home and away. They are a side that needs manners put on them in a big way.

Ya, that must have been a horrible experience for those people that travelled to Paris that night.

Hopefully we do the job anyway, Larry White can then talk about the genuis of having nearly a week off to win.

Also after the BS celebrations in Pairs like they had won the cup it was good to nick it at the very end in London :D

• Advertisement

I heard John Duggan, tipster on TodayFM last week.

He tipped Chelsea to win outright at 7.5/1 , followed by Barca at 6/1.

I think there is decent value in both bets. Seriously tempted to throw €50 on each ! (and hope they don't meet before the final) :)

Barr wrote: »
    I heard John Duggan tipster on TodayFM last week.

He tipped Chelsea to win outright at 7.5/1 , followed by Barca at 6/1.

I think there is decent value in both bets. Seriously tempted to throw €50 on each !

I dont think we'll do it this year but the Barca bet doesnt seem to bad.

I'd like to see how they do against a team that can defend and attack as they still give up goals to a decent side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

If we find abit of form we can win it imo, No one can hold one of the big European teams away like we can. If the first leg is at home we can nick a 1-0 and if its away we can get a 0-0 or a 1-0 loss.

Barca coming into a big patch of form too. Neymar has been brilliant all season, Messi back to his old self and Suarez finding abit of form, They'll take City out easy.

I dont think we'll do it this year but the Barca bet doesnt seem to bad.

I'd like to see how they do against a team that can defend and attack as they still give up goals to a decent side.

That would be my dream final plus my bet can't loose :D

I would fancy the Chelsea front players against the Barca backline. It would be a fasinating game.

A team as good defensively as Chelsea are always in with a good shout.

Matic will make the difference this year.

I really fancy our chances tbh.

We could win it, were vetter equipped than city or arsenal to win it.

You need a lot of luck though so its hard to factor that into a prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We need to start hitting top form soon if we are to make a real push for it. We have been in indifferent form since Christmas.

Hopefully Cesc and Costa are both fighting fit. I have no doubts that Costa will be raring to go and give 110% for the cause but I'd be worried about Fabregas, he was central to all our good attacking play in the first half of the season and we look a bit more reliant on Hazard to provide since his injury and dip in form.

I think Mourinho recognizes this and is probably why he didn't rush Fabregas back and why he only got an extended cameo vs Everton.

I think the team will be:

Courtois

Ivan-Zouma-Terry-Azp

Fab-Matic

Willian-Oscar-Hazard

Costa

Depending how the game is going, we'll most likely see Ramires, Mikel and Cahill from the bench to sure things up.

I think Mourinho will be happy with a score draw but I think he'll probably go there looking to nick a 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Motta, Matiudi, Marquinhos and Pastore all took part in training with PSG today.

No sign of Cabaye or Lucas though.

Yeah I had a feeling there injuries might have been overblown a bit, classic move before a knockout stage game. I'm not sure if Cabaye or Lucas would have even started.

• Advertisement

Good old Larry White using the they wont make it story only for them to turn up and play a blinder :D

TBH, every coach does it anyway, ruling people out but any coach worth their salt would prepare for the game on the off chance those guys registered to play actually make it, it wont change the prepartion for this game.

Its hard to guess what PSg will line out with, if everyone is fit it will probably be

Sirigu
    V.D.W Luiz Silva Maxwell
    Matuidi Motta Verratti
    Cavnai Ibra Lavezzi

Its hard to guess what PSg will line out with, if everyone is fit it will probably be

Sirigu
    V.D.W Luiz Silva Maxwell
    Matuidi Motta Verratti
    Cavnai Ibra Lavezzi

I'd say Marquinho's will start ahead of VDW, he's their best defender.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'd say Marquinho's will start ahead of VDW, he's their best defender.

cept he's apparently injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Their front six sound like a new sexy breeed of supercars.

cept he's apparently injured

He trained today.

• Advertisement

Marquinhos isnt a right back though.

Aurier played the last game as VDW was rested. Same with Luiz and Cavani it seems

Marquinhos isnt a right back though.

Aurier played the last game as VDW was rested. Same with Luiz and Cavani it seems

No but he's played there this season a good few times.

PSG have been at their best defensively when he's played at CB. He warrants being in the team ahead of Silva or Luiz. Silva particularly has been woeful this season. But Luiz and Silva are probably too big too drop so that's why Marquinho's has to be shoehorned.

Lukker- wrote: »
    No but he's played there this season a good few times.

PSG have been at their best defensively when he's played at CB. He warrants being in the team ahead of Silva or Luiz. Silva particularly has been woeful this season. But Luiz and Silva are probably too big too drop so that's why Marquinho's has to be shoehorned.

Is Silva not captain though? I cant see him being dropped by Blanc.

If they play Marquinhos at RB it will at least limit the amount of times hes going to push Hazard back compared to VDW

Roll up roll up and vote for Drogger in the UEFA legendary moments competition

http://en.legendarymoments.uefa.com/moment/73/

We all want a win tomorrow but a score draw is a good result too, hell even a loss where we score a goal isnt the worst result.

If we lose 2-1 in Paris its not the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

We have a full strenght squad tho and they have injuries so a score draw is the worst im ecpecting. If matic is in form I think we will rip them to bits

I think actually Mikel is a doubt.....so ya, we have a full strength squad :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I think actually Mikel is a doubt.....so ya, we have a full strength squad :pac:

Lol

Good timing of my post so :o

You'd imagine it will be Cesc/MAtic and Oscar in at #10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think we have a good chance of winning tomorrow but I'd bite your hand off for a score draw now.

Johner wrote: »
    I think we have a good chance of winning tomorrow but I'd bite your hand off for a score draw now.

If we win I cant see PSG turning up and over turning us at the Bridge.
    I'd love to get the job done in Paris and take back a goal or two lead.

Before the return leg we've got West Ham away and Southampton at home.

Izzy Brown just scored in ET for the Youths in the 1/4 final. Fully deserved, should have won the game in normal time.

2-0 Solanke.

Brown with a lovely through ball and a nice finish from Solanke for his 27th of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

2-0 solanke

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement