Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Coq gets the jersey until summer now

No DM needed this
    Window

I'd agree he deserves the chance to hold it until then atleast, we aren't going to get anything special in there this window

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Wouldn't go that far now

Why not been exceptional for 4/5 games now

He deserves his chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭omega man

Henry makes a great point about Mert playing better when he's protected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wouldn't go that far now

With Coquelin probing his worth and Flamini still able to put a shift in there is no way we're getting in a DMF before the Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I still think a center back is more important at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

greendom wrote: »
    With Coquelin probing his worth and Flamini still able to put a shift in there is no way we're getting in a DMF before the Summer

I know we won't get one but he said there's no need for a new one when really we can do better than Coquelin, don't get me wrong I am a fan of him.

Very impressive performance today. It had two features that we don't associate with Arsenal in recent times - discipline and ambition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,288 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »
    Coquelin proving the doubters (including me) wrong

I doubted him before the game too but he proved me wrong.
    Hope it's not a one-off though. It should inspire confidence in him.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Would yeah go away they've been flying we took the cylinders away

Ah now, there was good pressing and all but Fernando and Fernandinho were atrocious.

• Advertisement

I know we won't get one but he said there's no need for a new one when really we can do better than Coquelin, don't get me wrong I am a fan of him.

He said until the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Play players in their best position - check
    Play players in their preferred position - check
    Discipline - check
    Dont chase the game against top 4 teams - check
    Deliver crosses that our tall players can attack - check
    Get physical and dont get bossed off the ball - check
    Make early substitutions for a player who is not performing - check
    Get the tired and expensive players off the field when the game is won - check
    Team has passion and belief - check
    Let top 4 oppossition have the ball - check
    Man City 70 % possession - check
    Arsenal 3 points - CHECK

well one Arsene and team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭omega man

Souness stunned by us today......this just gets better and better!

Ah now, there was good pressing and all but Fernando and Fernandinho were atrocious.

Just enjoy it dont look for excuses. They have been flying, are in good form, where at home, are the champions and we went there played super and won.

That's football

Play players in their best position - check
    Play players in their preferred position - check
    Discipline - check
    Dont chase the game against top 4 teams - check
    Deliver crosses that our tall players can attack - check
    Get physical and dont get bossed off the ball - check
    Make early substitutions for a player who is not performing - check
    Get the tired and expensive players off the field when the game is won - check
    Team has passion and belief - check
    Let top 4 oppossition have the ball - check
    Man City 70 % possession - check
    Arsenal 3 points - CHECK

well one Arsene and team.
    For the bolded bit I wouldn't have thought that applied to Oxlade-Chamberlain.

For the rest we'll see how long it lasts. :pac:

Soups123 wrote: »
    Just enjoy it dont look for excuses. They have been flying, are in good form, where at home, are the champions and we went there played super and won.

That's football
    Yeah we played well and all, I'm just not gonna blow my load over it. :P Do the same for the rest of the season and we'll get a cup and finish top 4 again.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Late to the party as the match was paused for dinner but that was magic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

^^ I said before the match that I had a feeling there was going to be some magic and that there was, with Cazorla waving his wand majestically.

https://twitter.com/Rickyinho_/status/556871170554097669

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

IN WENGER WE TRUST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ospina undisputed #1 now. Not much to do but when called upon, was solid. Not trying to get involved in games all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

North London is hopping!!!

Coyg!

• Advertisement

Am sick of pundits saying that arsenal aren't paying like arsenal when they don't play a possession game. They have done this quite often, and for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Bellerin is a baller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Nice win. Just need to keep it going.

Didn't see the game, how was Ramsey? Getting very conflicting feedback between here and the match thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

jester77 wrote: »

Didn't see the game, how was Ramsey? Getting very conflicting feedback between here and the match thread.

Personally I'd say he was rusty but effective at the back and looked dangerous without ever causing any real damage in attack. Tired early and was subbed. Looks like he could get back to full fitness and form soon enough.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bellerin is a baller

I wish he was a little bit taller.

jester77 wrote: »

He still doesn't have his touch back, but he ran and ran until he could run no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

What a win! Delighted. Expected us to get a draw at best. Carzola was class today. The tactics were spot on, even though they kept going on about how little possession on Sky Sports it worked out well. Coq had a solid game when many thought he'd get caught out (myself included). Need to kick on from here.

Mickeroo wrote: »

I wish i had a girl who looked good I would call her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Incredible what can happen when we have a DMF that plays well. Mert looked accomplished, different player with a bit of protection.

Frustrating that it's taken Wenger this long to set his team up based on the opposition, but hopefully this is a corner turned. Best performance in years, credit to the players and manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,726 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ospina undisputed #1 now. Not much to do but when called upon, was solid. Not trying to get involved in games all the time.

Not sure how you make that one out

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Am sick of pundits saying that arsenal aren't paying like arsenal when they don't play a possession game. They have done this quite often, and for quite a while.

Lazy punditry by numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

AdamD wrote: »

No moments of utter madness today. defense must feel a lot more confident without having someone behind them who could go do something bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What a great day. Gonna watch motd2 for the first time in ages.

Every player stood up today. Could've had a couple more on those late breaks.

First choice centre backs showing how good they are together.

I'm bleedin chuffed!

What a great day! Varadkar came out, free wine, I get smashed, we be City and Betfair gives me money!
    (so busy drinking I never made the mercantile lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

AdamD wrote: »

Was a bit shakey on a few crosses but I would put that down to not playing many games, other than that he had a pretty solid game, hes a good set of hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

A great win for the Gooners. It's getting very congested this year for the number 4 slot. Nobody can afford to slip up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Mickeroo wrote: »

Same height as Debuchy, Gibbs and Monreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Raf32 wrote: »
    No moments of utter madness today. defense must feel a lot more confident without having someone behind them who could go do something bizarre.

Hard to really make a definitive decision based on one game, especially when he wasn't tested very much. Didn't do anything wrong of course (bar being a little shaky under a high ball or two going to punch them), but need to give him more time before being so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Anyone have any reports of how Coquelin was performing at Charlton. I didn't expect to see him back in an Arsenal shirt at that point but over the last 4 or 5 matches and especially today he has proved that he deserves his place in the Arsenal team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

byrneg28 wrote: »

axJmn.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

B7pldHuCcAA5yB3.jpg

efb wrote: »
    What a great day! Varadkar came out, free wine, I get smashed, we be City and Betfair gives me money!
    (so busy drinking I never made the mercantile lol

Are those 2 related in some way? :P

byrneg28 wrote: »

Google skee-lo for godsake man:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,410 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

A few more results like that and we will be getting a new thread in record time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Full credit to Wenger, a lot of us questioned whether he could set up a team to play like that and he showed he could.

What a confidence booster for the team.

Thought Rosicky was brilliant when he came on and I would start him instead of Ramsey in our next tought away game at Spurs.

Rosicky, Santi and Coq should be our base now away from home, totally control possession with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

salmocab wrote: »
    A few more results like that and we will be getting a new thread in record time.
    I think it's the meltdowns after losses that give us more posts tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,288 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Full credit to Wenger, a lot of us questioned whether he could set up a team to play like that and he showed he could.

Thought Rosicky was brilliant when he came on and I would start him instead of Ramsey in our next tought away game at Spurs.

Rosicky, Santi and Coq should be our base now away from home, totally control possession with them.

I am puzzled as to why he didn't set them up like that last season against teams like this. Really puzzled.

Rosickys thru ball to Cazorla I think it was in the last 5 minutes was sublime, little wizard he is, reminds me a bit of Luka Modric. I would have him in the team ahead of Ramsey on current form.

I am puzzled as to why he didn't set them up like that last season against teams like this. Really puzzled.

I would say because we conceded so early in those games that we had no other option to attack to try get a goal back. Today we were absolutely incredible, really really chuffed for the team and especially Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

He said in the interview after he did but we conceded early and had to change our game plan.

Don't really agree with him, if you concede early you can still keep your shape and wait for a chance to come to get back in the game, instead of going gung ho forward.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement