Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Getafe were abject tonight. With all their financial woes and with the President falling out with their best player Pedro Leon....they are going down.

Valencia however...looked very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I see S4C have La Liga highlights every Monday at 6.05pm .
    10 minutes of La Liga highlights and 10 minutes of the Welsh Premier League .
    Will be handy for some people .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,037 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great, can keep up to date with Abersytwyth's results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Thats a bizarre football highlights show:pac:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Thats a bizarre football highlights show:pac:

I guess its to keep Welsh people updated on Gareth Bale.

Casillas has been dropped for Real's match tonight against Elche,Benzema has also been dropped .

4 goals for Ronaldo tonight ,7 in his last 2 games.
    17 goals scored by Real in the last week and they arent even playing well .:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Swear to god if they had balance they'd be an awesome side. It's almost like the team must be purposely flawed. Kroos was an excellent signing. The rest of the transfer was bonkers.

I think Kroos was an excellent signing as long as they had kept a DM in the team, probably Alonso. But watching the game last night Kroos was arriving on the edge of the box for goal chances (maybe could have had a couple himself) and this is not where Madrid need a midfielder. Their defence is exposed at times and better teams will create plenty of chances against them.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Their defence is exposed at times and better teams will create plenty of chances against them.

There seems to be a stark difference in attitudes between lower league teams in Spain and England when playing a bigger opponent.
    In England its ok to park the bus ,get every man behind the ball and try to nick something from a rare break or set piece.
    Even Chelsea played like this against Man City .Its horrible to watch but effective.

Contrast that to Elche last night, 4-1 down and still trying to play football ,still trying to get a goal.
    Likewise Deportivo on Saturday ,they kept on pushing forward for goals ,leaving themselves open at the back .
    Sociedad managed to beat Real by being attack minded but they could have been 4-0 before they got back into the game.

Its admirable to be so open like Elche and Deportivo but its also a bit kamikaze when you are playing the best counter attacking team in the world.

• Advertisement

That's why its the best league in the world !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

They can keep doing that as goal difference comes second to head 2 head. Its not as dangerous getting a hammering in La Liga as it is in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Shocking conditions at La Rosaleda and a well drilled Malaga side are keeping Barcelona at bay, 45 minutes to go in what could fairly be called a game of beach soccer.

Goal difference obviously plays a part but I think the culture of many clubs in Spain is that's wrong to park buses. In England there's less criticism about the style of winning. In Spain clubs like elche, rayo, bilbao, Barcelona would rather lose 5 0 than lose the territory game. (Though this mostly only applies when they win.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Get up to feck Messi, he only pushed you.

Should be a red card though. Can't put your hands to someone's face like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Messi is the same as all of them though; goes down like he's been shot.

still a red card mind.

• Advertisement

Good fighting performance by Malaga. Barcelona's key men did not show up tonight.

And Eibar picked up a good point at home as well.

Shocking. Shocking pitch, shocking sly dirty tackles, shocking refereeing performance has all led to a shock score.

Shocking. Shocking pitch, shocking sly dirty tackles, shocking refereeing performance has all led to a shock score.

Malaga with clean sheets at home, Barca with clean sheets every game so far. Where's the shock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Pathetic. Both our performance & that response.

If it's a battle, you have to battle.

Barcelona didn't battle and paid the price.

• Advertisement

If it's a battle, you have to battle.

Barcelona didn't battle and paid the price.

The pitch did more closely resemble a post war battlefield rather than a football pitch in the top flight of Spanish football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

& a shocking performance from Barca

MD1990 wrote: »
    & a shocking performance from Barca

Barcelona amazingly had no shot on target in the whole match.
    First time in 11 years .:(

They should play that game in fifa with crossing where you have the dustbins on the ground and targets elevated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Valencia on a roll :D

Some fantastic attackers at the Mestalla this season; a great young team which, thankfully, should no longer need to leave to keep the club afloat.

For the current year; until like every previous quality squad they're plundered away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Huge game tonight for Sevilla away to A Madrid. Draw would be a good result.

These 3pm KOs are annoying if you have Sky.

Fcking piss me right off. Especially when you're in Ireland. :mad:

There can't be a scarier sight in football than that of Neymar's salmon pink boots streaming towards you 1 vs 1 in the box. 1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Turtwig wrote: »
    For the current year; until like every previous quality squad they're plundered away.

I hope I'm right when I say that things should be different from now on. I just hope this Lim takeover can be properly sealed soon so that the likes of Rodrigo, Gomes and Negredo can have their 'loan' deals made permanent.

• Advertisement

Great assist by Messi there

Could be a cricket score here

He stands still, his stature and boyish features are such that it's practically like taking candy from a child, you dive in, confident your above average physicality will be more than enough to rob this seemingly helpless person on the ball only, when you finally make your grand leap, the little genius has skipped away with the ball and you look more than a little silly. Messi's magic gives Barcelona a well deserved second goal.

3-0 now, Neymar grabs a second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Stunner from Barca, 4 nil.

Genius! The kind of dream-like goal that only Barcelona can make reality. Luis Enrique has brought fantasy back to the Camp Nou. Messi 400!

Its like 2008/2009 all over again, no team can love with the pace of passing like that. Technique exemplified, Barcelona's clockwork passing is football. Neymar hat trick, 5-0

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Sky's coverage of Atleti v Sevilla is very poor. The crowd doesn't come across properly at all and the commentators are terrible. It sounds like they're in a cramped studio watching on tv.

Bit of a spanking there :(

frimpong wrote: »
    It sounds like they're in a cramped studio watching on tv.

Sky rarely send commentators over to Spain.
    I was watching the football league show on BBC last weekend and Kevin Keatings was commentating on a match ,that night he was supposed to be in Spain ,lol

Gerry Armstrong used to do tv work for Al Jazeera and turn up on Sky a few hours later.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

He stands still, his stature and boyish features are such that it's practically like taking candy from a child, you dive in, confident your above average physicality will be more than enough to rob this seemingly helpless person on the ball only, when you finally make your grand leap, the little genius has skipped away with the ball and you look more than a little silly. Messi's magic gives Barcelona a well deserved second goal.

3-0 now, Neymar grabs a second.

I wouldn't mind if the posts were well thought out or actually made any sense.

Over the top is fine but that's just all wrong.

Messi is not 'seemingly helpless'. Nobody dives in on Messi with confidence.

Try harder!

It should have gone...

'To the unknowing. The uninitiated, this appears a contest with only one winner but this seemingly helpless ...blah blah'

Valencia 3 up vs Atletico after 15 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

That's mad! Valencia looking good this year

Some game should be 3-2 but AM missed a peno.

Valencia not being poor is good for the league, rumoured to be buying Mata at xmas.

The ultimate predator, the great white shark, Lionel Messi gets closer and closer to the all time record, he is bearing down on it at a remarkable rate, the greatest footballer ever is surely to become the greatest goalscorer in the history of Spanish football.

Neymar strikes, it's 2-0, it's Barcelona going top.

Rayo's offside trap is being rendered futile by Barcelona right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Crazy how broke rayo are, aren't even allowed swap shirts at the end of games apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Cracking game between Eibar & Levante so far.

Is it my imagination or do Barcelona and Real Madrid seem to be playing alot more earlier kick off matches the last 2 seasons ??
    Perhaps Sky were showing their matches on delayed coverage before but I find I am missing alot of the matches lately as they are on early in the day .

Is it my imagination or do Barcelona and Real Madrid seem to be playing alot more earlier kick off matches the last 2 seasons ??
    Perhaps Sky were showing their matches on delayed coverage before but I find I am missing alot of the matches lately as they are on early in the day .

It's due to the fact that the Spanish FA want to show more games in Asia to grow La Liga there and so are pushing the kick-off times back.

On another note, Eibar are being robbed blind by the ref and linesman here in their game. They come back from 2-0 down at half-time to get to 2-2, score a legitimate goal that was disallowed and then have Levante hit them with a sucker punch where one of their (Eibar) players is fouled in the run-up.

Delighted they got the draw. One of the most entertaining games I've watched in a long time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement