Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Just got my tickets sorted for the Old Trafford Derby. Nuts that I had to organise it this early but not leaving anything to chance. As tradition has it I'll be in the Utd end, so hopefully its not a decider :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Looks like there's only one team in Manchester now who has the mettle to turn games around, we are fast developing that reputation.

Encouraging news on the Aguero front too, although I think if he were to be out for a while, we definitely do have the depth to cover for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Apart from the Aguero injury the weekend couldn't have gone much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

karma_ wrote: »
    Looks like there's only one team in Manchester now who has the mettle to turn games around, we are fast developing that reputation.

Well, success hasn't gone to your head at all has it? Come back to me when city are a goal down at Goodison against the dogs of war and with just two recognised defenders on the team, then we'll speak.

Well, success hasn't gone to your head at all has it? Come back to me when city are a goal down at Goodison against the dogs of war and with just two recognised defenders on the team, then we'll speak.

Just making an observation based on the evidence of recent results. Am I not allowed to do that in my own teams thread?

tiny_violin1.jpg

Just making an observation based on the evidence of recent results. Am I not allowed to do that in my own teams thread?

Course you are,, no need to get all defensive lad! Just making an observation :-)

Course you are,, no need to get all defensive lad! Just making an observation :-)

Here now fella, you were the one getting defensive with your remarks, this be the City thread!

LOL, bit over dramatic here I think. Don't forget you had two strikers on £250k up front, with Kagawa, who was very good, with Nani and then Young in attack. I don't think it is the 1 goal conceded you should be concerned about, its the lack of two goals from the other end....

Hence Karmas point, come from behind. You used to be able to do it.

• Advertisement

More legs to the Sinclair transfer -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19327135
    Swansea City first-team coach Alan Curtis says that Scott Sinclair could soon be on his way to Manchester City.

"He's not really interested in signing a new contract and I think Man City have made a bid," Curtis said. "So it's just a matter of time now before it happens and it's good for both parties."

Xavi6 wrote: »
    More legs to the Sinclair transfer -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19327135

Does seem to be some truth in it now, but I think it is Swansea pushing for the sale rather than City coming looking. I think they quoted somwhere saying they would accept a fee in the region of £5-8m. Suppose you can't complain if we picked him up for £5m really, especially after losing Johnson.

LOL, bit over dramatic here I think. Don't forget you had two strikers on £250k up front, with Kagawa, who was very good, with Nani and then Young in attack. I don't think it is the 1 goal conceded you should be concerned about, its the lack of two goals from the other end....

Hence Karmas point, come from behind. You used to be able to do it.

Well, I don't really think you can say that United don't have the mettle to come from behind anymore, especially when we're only one game into the new season. We did come back from 3-0 down against Chelsea to get a draw last season and while that's only one game, I think you have to wait and see a pattern emerge before you can make those kind of claims. Clearly, city are becoming much better at coming from behind but it will take some time for you to become the team that everyone knows is never beaten until the final whistle.

As for last night, I don't think you can pass any real judgement except for the fact that Rooney is not fit and Kagawa is going to be immense for us. Everton are a proper team now and they would have given you lot a real fight as well last night.

Anyway, well done on winning the league last year although you will have a hell of a battle to hang onto that trophy :)

Well, I don't really think you can say that United don't have the mettle to come from behind anymore, especially when we're only one game into the new season. We did come back from 3-0 down against Chelsea to get a draw last season and while that's only one game, I think you have to wait and see a pattern emerge before you can make those kind of claims. Clearly, city are becoming much better at coming from behind but it will take some time for you to become the team that everyone knows is never beaten until the final whistle.

As for last night, I don't think you can pass any real judgement except for the fact that Rooney is not fit and Kagawa is going to be immense for us. Everton are a proper team now and they would have given you lot a real fight as well last night.

Anyway, well done on winning the league last year although you will have a hell of a battle to hang onto that trophy :)

I'm not saying Utd can't come from behind anymore, and karma was obviously just poking fun. In fairness its the first game of the season, and all of the top 4 played poorly, with only Chelsea and City getting by. It's a long season and anyone would be foolish to think Utd and City won't be battling it out at the very end of the season next year.

article-2190631-149D8DF5000005DC-546_306x423.jpg

Aguero in a knee brace. Apparently it is still swollen so it will be a couple of days before they can give a real verdict on how long he will be out. It was suggested it could be until the next international break.

Ade is gonzo

Tottenham Hotspur
    @SpursOfficial We are delighted to announce that we have completed the transfer of Emmanuel Adebayor from Manchester City. More to come soon!

now to get rid of Santa Cruz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

sinclair?

there are surely cheaper bench warmers out there.

richest club in the world, champions and yer signing sinclair?

must be more this homegrown cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sinclair and Rodwell - you're not falling into the Liverpool trap are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

How many games would Sinclair get
    And are there any truth in the Cavini rumours

Good news with Aguero tweeting that he starts physio today, obviously isn't a long term injury.

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Ade is gonzo

Tottenham Hotspur
    @SpursOfficial We are delighted to announce that we have completed the transfer of Emmanuel Adebayor from Manchester City. More to come soon!

now to get rid of Santa Cruz

god, hes not still on the books is he?

though i will say i was a fan of Adebayor, and would have liked to keep him in the team, but he didnt fit with the boss, and thats all there is to it.

ye I agree, i think i saw somewhere that he was the only premiership player last year to get double figures in goals and assists last season.

And his record for city 15 goals in 34 games isn't too bad

ye I agree, i think i saw somewhere that he was the only premiership player last year to get double figures in goals and assists last season.

And his record for city 15 goals in 34 games isn't too bad

Warning signs were there from the very start though, and although I agree he is a great striker I just couldn't be happier he's off to pastures new.

folan wrote: »
    god, hes not still on the books is he?

though i will say i was a fan of Adebayor, and would have liked to keep him in the team, but he didnt fit with the boss, and thats all there is to it.

Glad to see the back of him tbh. His stunt at Arsenal probaly cost us the win at Old Trafford. He was our main striker, and gets himself suspended for the first derby game. He is in all fairness a true mercenary. I'd expect him to have a rubbish season at Spurs now that he's signed for them, and will be looking for bigger wages or a move come the summer.

Roque has been linked with a permanent move back to Betis before the end of the window. Gudetti to be sent out on loan again, with Foirentina interested.

If the rumours about Llornte are true, he could be brought in now, if Dzeko is moved on, with Juve apparently interested. Only realised that the Llornte deal would only be in the region of £15m. If all goes ahead, it's not a bad bit of business, especially making a profit on Johnson.

There's a reason why no one else came in for him even with such a good goal scoring record.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    There's a reason why no one else came in for him even with such a good goal scoring record.

his wages :pac:

Glad to see the back of him tbh. His stunt at Arsenal probaly cost us the win at Old Trafford. He was our main striker, and gets himself suspended for the first derby game. He is in all fairness a true mercenary. I'd expect him to have a rubbish season at Spurs now that he's signed for them, and will be looking for bigger wages or a move come the summer.

Roque has been linked with a permanent move back to Betis before the end of the window. Gudetti to be sent out on loan again, with Foirentina interested.

If the rumours about Llornte are true, he could be brought in now, if Dzeko is moved on, with Juve apparently interested. Only realised that the Llornte deal would only be in the region of £15m. If all goes ahead, it's not a bad bit of business, especially making a profit on Johnson.

I'd love to see Gudetti being given some game time for us this year, and as for Edin, I think he can do a job for us, he's proved his worth for me at least and I hope he is kept.

I'd love to see Gudetti being given some game time for us this year, and as for Edin, I think he can do a job for us, he's proved his worth for me at least and I hope he is kept.

I agree with Dzeko staying. I think he is as good as most out there, but I think he wants first team football which he is not going to get at CIty. As for Gudetti, ideally yes, but where are you going to play him with Aguero, Tevez, Mario and Dzeko/Other? He is one for the future defo, but I can't see him getting any game time with those 4 ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

The official City Twitter page says that news regarding Aguero's injury will be on the site within the next half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Sergio Aguero has handed City a major early boost with the news he could be fit for the Blues’ trip to Stoke on 15 September.
    th_ace_ventura.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Great news:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

good news about aguero, it looked bad enough, but he will only miss 3 games not too bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

I agree with Dzeko staying. I think he is as good as most out there,

really?? he has a lot to do to get to as good as most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Lets hope Agueros injury doesn't drag on longer than the initial verdict, a la Wilshire. Although was his the ankle?

Quality

FIFA+13+Cover

Still prefer this:

watermark.php?src=32405.jpg

When it's released, they will have the City one for FIFA 13. 10 CLubs signed up to EA Sports last year:

Final3Dpacks_resize_656x369.jpg?cb=1317634803

You can download it here

New Euro shirt out for presale this morning. Even though it's a gimmick that'll be worn a handful of times I'm still getting one.

Not gone on it tbh. Don't like the new home one all that much either but I'm sure it'll grow on me. Would have loved if that black kit you posted a while back was launched. But I do like the away. The gold on the jersey goes well with the badges :)

That top looks all wrong

• Advertisement

That top looks all wrong

I don't see where the design fits in. Last years kit is based on the 84-86 kits home and away. This years seem to be based on 90-92 kits.

There is no jersey similar to the new stripped kit. Maybe Mancini wants the Inter kit.

It looks as if the colours have ran in a washing machine or someone turned off the magenta on the printer:D

Feckin haters! Ordered mine anyway, think it'll be a nice casual shirt with a pair of jeans kinda thing.

What an awful performance today, plenty to criticise about the team selection too but with that, have to be happy with that point.

happy with a point ye. Tevez was absolutely brilliant

3-5-2 will not work when the right side of the three is occupied by an absolute donkey. It should've been four at the back with Zabaleta on the right to keep Sterling quiet. No need to take Lescott out.

Clichy was missed massively as well.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous team selection. Second game of the season and putting out half a reserve team at Anfield. WTF. Happy with the draw but this is just embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Sinclair deal all but done,at least if we are playing that 3-5-2 he can take Kolarovs place who I thought was woeful today again,couldnt beat first man from his corners and 2 freekicks were aimless.

Back to the old formation me thinks.

Plus I dont want Nigel to go,thought he done well today again

We better not see 3-5-2 this weekend.

Thought Dzeko did well again when he came on, although he should've scored that left foot shot he put over. Would give him the nod with Tevez against QPR. Clichy was badly missed too.

Poor yesterday,the sloppy passing was atrocious at times but a point is a point,better to get a performance like this out of the way early on in the season.

The rumour mill is in full swing this morning, links to all sorts of players. Could be a long week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement