Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 Mod warning post # 1403

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

West Ham look poor,come on aguero bag a few!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

West Ham look poor,come on aguero bag a few!

Ive captains him in ff so he's gonna score absolutely zilch!

So do I but so does everyone in FF.

Aguero 20th league goal and a few points for us Trilla in FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I only just realised Aguero wasn't on the PFA shortlist. Unbelieveable but it shows how the voting is judged moe on form between Jan-April than the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

MD1990 wrote: »
    I only just realised Aguero wasn't on the PFA shortlist. Unbelieveable but it shows how the voting is judged moe on form between Jan-April than the rest of the season.

TBF to Aguero he hasn't even been that bad this half of the season, he wa obviously insanely good the first half. I maintain he's not on the list due to City's fall and not due to his poor performances. I have him only being outperformed by Hazard, Kane and De Gea this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

MD1990 wrote: »

Wow that is shocking alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

TBF to Aguero he hasn't even been that bad this half of the season, he wa obviously insanely good the first half. I maintain he's not on the list due to City's fall and not due to his poor performances. I have him only being outperformed by Hazard, Kane and De Gea this season

Sanchez has been quality too.

How to you figure Kane has out preformed Aguero?I think Hazard should get it personly even if Aguero was nominated.

How to you figure Kane has out preformed Aguero?I think Hazard should get it personly even if Aguero was nominated.

Been more consistent than Aguero in fairness, although Aguero was the best player in the league probably the first half of the season. Has scored more goals this season overall granted he's played more games. The fact he plays for Spurs and hasn't the same type of quality around him as Aguero is significant. Plus the fact he has literally burst onto the scene this year and looks like a great great prospect whereas. I wouldn't be mad if he won it over Aguero if Kun Kun was nominated too.

• Advertisement

Mangala has been very impressive so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

A badly needed win. The game petered out badly in the second half, particularly after Merlin's injury. It was a nasty challenge by Kouyate, definitely a red card. anyway, onto next weekend and Villa, who will definitely be more of a chalenge than the hammers were. I'm going over for that one, so hopefully we'll do the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Another good game from Mangala, he has had some very good displays like Chelsea and Roma. He is nowhere near as bad as some of the pundits are saying. Think he will prove to be a good signing long term and a run in the team from now until the season ends will help. Fernando also played well.

Kolarov was poor imo, Dzeko and Nasri didn't impress yet again in the time they had on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Jesus, the elbow on Silva was pretty bad - was the WHU player even booked?

Ya he got a yellow for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Mangala was very good.

Lets remember.

1 . He doesnt speak the language yet

2. New league

3. We are not the easiest team to play centre half for. Not much protection from midfield and as he plays left centre he doesnt get much help from Clichy / Kolorov either.

Hopefully next season with a new LB and DMF he will come into his own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So Mangala played well yesterday and Kompany wasn't playing. Any connection between the 2 ?

greendom wrote: »
    So Mangala played well yesterday and Kompany wasn't playing. Any connection between the 2 ?

Correct me if I am wrong - I think City have only lost twice in the league when Mangala started - West Ham away and Liverpool away and both times he partnered Kompany.

There might be something in it as Dimichelis does seem a more calming influence than Kompany and Mangala's biggest problem so far has been his rashness. He has all the attributes physically and his passing is very good - he just need to have less brainfart moments.

greendom wrote: »

Ya he looks solid when the midfield isn't completely overrun, so does Kompany. I'm happy enough with the defense, our midfield needs work.

• Advertisement

First leg of the FA youth cup final is tonight v Chelsea. On ITV4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

CDDnPpCW0AAmTw2.jpg:large

Great to see the youth game being so well attended. Honestly, I wondered how much demand there really was for the second stadium, but if there's crowds like this it's clearly worthwhile :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Attendance is 6,421. Great turnout.

Great pic. Good game though City started too nervously. Chelsea physically much better but they are also very good players as well as being better physically developed.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32377366

looking like hes going to be ok,thankfully!!

• Advertisement

Liverpool drew, can more or less wrap up 4th with a win vs Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is so bad

Fernandinho!

Never in doubt :rolleyes:

Villa put it to us in fairness to them,that delph is a great player!
    There is no easy games eh!!

• Advertisement

Funny how Delph was very very close to signing with City a few years back. Was a cracking player with Leeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Funny how Delph was very very close to signing with City a few years back. Was a cracking player with Leeds

why is that funny?

why is that funny?

I hit my funny bone off the table as I wrote the post....couldn't stop lauaghing

A bit of normality restored at least...

Yeah, I guess the dizzy heights of being above us was too much for them. Really sad to see a previously great player like Falcao regress the way he has - seems like injuries have ruined him. They have WBA at home then Palace away so they should have secured top four and have strong challenge for higher - I think we will need to take something from Spurs away if we are to finish top three.

rwbug wrote: »
    Yeah, I guess the dizzy heights of being above us was too much for them. Really sad to see a previously great player like Falcao regress the way he has - seems like injuries have ruined him. They have WBA at home then Palace away so they should have secured top four and have strong challenge for higher - I think we will need to take something from Spurs away if we are to finish top three.

Making him sit on the bench for most of the games not helping either,could still be leathal!

http://www.flashscore.com/match/O6mDpNXd/#match-summary

Aguero will be well marked this time .

Making him sit on the bench for most of the games not helping either,could still be leathal!

http://www.flashscore.com/match/O6mDpNXd/#match-summary

Aguero will be well marked this time .

Pretty damn impossible to mark Aguero for the whole game and hes probably the best in the world at nicking a goal out of absolute nothing

Pretty damn impossible to mark Aguero for the whole game and hes probably the best in the world at nicking a goal out of absolute nothing

Yep agree there, just trying to be funny cos he ruined them last time out and I thought you had a funny bone.

Just got back after going over for the game. Let's be honest and call a spade a spade. We were bloody poor yesterday, and we ended up chasing Villa for most of that second half. And yes, Benteke wasn't offside late on when Joe brought him down. That cancels out the scandalous decision in the first half when he wasn't flagged. I was sat in 201, right in line with the six yard line at that end. And it was obvious that he was at least two yards offside. It wasn't even borderline. But, back to the game. It was a case of playing poorly and winning. All top sides do it. But we'll have to drastically improve before we go to White Hart Lane next weekend. Another performance like yesterday and we'll get done.

Stunning goal

• Advertisement

Stunning goal
    If you wwere to write down what the perfect counter attacking goal is, that would be it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Pace, Precision pass, Accuracy, you guys are really blessed with Augero when he stays fit. Great goal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Poor defending from Mason, but that was an excellent counter. Aguero is stupidly good.

I ****ing hate him :P

Great goal, never saving those

Some dodgy defending but happy enough with that

Excellent result that. Though, going on our recent record against Spurs, just the 1 goal is disappointing.

Kolarov had some decent shots, prefer him playing over Clichy. Hart made some good saves. Aguero was boss again.

Well earned 3 points. Should be pushing to secure 2nd now really

Well earned 3 points. Should be pushing to secure 2nd now really
    Difficult, with Arsenal having (now) two games in hand. Perish the thpught; we could do with U****d beating Arsenal!

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Difficult, with Arsenal having (now) two games in hand. Perish the thpught; we could do with U****d beating Arsenal!

Yeah dependent on that if course but I think it's nailed on for a draw tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement