Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs Manchester United Match Thread. k/o 13.30 26/4/15 Sky.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Also, we massively miss Carrick in games like this. He is really effective against a team set up to counter

He's been missing for 6 of our 7 losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Surely that should be given as offside. Ball was clearly for lukaku and he went for the ball.

Anyway, poor from valencia to just stop. Nice finish and well deserved win for Everton. All the possession and get fcuk all once again.

Only offside once you touch the ball, Lukaku stopped dead and let the ball run on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    omg Rooney got subbed off, hell is freezing over.

I think an everton fan slipped VG a fiver to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Van Persie coming on is a real 'couldn't be arsed' substitution from Van Gaal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Robson99 wrote: »
    He would have won the ball if he wasn't pushed. Surely you could see that

He shouldnt have put himself in that position, foul is debatable, ive banged the drum enough if u still think he played well fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

real could be in for mingolet now as de gea is showing his weaknesses

Valencia is 6ft and Stones is 6ft 2. Hardly David and Goliath.

You forget that Stones is a future England captain who will lead the country to victory in 2022......

Or at least that is what it will say in The Sun tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Robson99

Lol sometimes you have to pick up taller men his positioning and general lack of marking his man was the problem

What s lol is a fullback picking up a centre half. Thats what our centre halves are there for when defending set pieces

I actually laughed out loud at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Well mignolet has more clean sheets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

monkey9 wrote: »
    Van Persie coming on is a real 'couldn't be arsed' substitution from Van Gaal.

There's 3 minutes left and ye're 3-0 down. What did ya expect. He called Ronaldo but he wants nothing to do with ye anymore so he had to settle for given RvP some appearance money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

niallo27 wrote: »
    So are arsenal.

Who have two games in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Fellaini going off took any fight out of United in fairness. Rooney has been bad recently and him being the fulcrum of the team only takes away from fluidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Was Lukaku booked for theta shocking tackle on Blind earlier?

Fellani chance wasted was the big turning point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

good man valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Is this from RAWK meltdown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Nice win for Everton.

2 losses in a row for Utd. Lucky for them the teams behind them are even worse than themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Never seen us as comfortable against united. They may throw another couple of hundred million at that team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Well done Everton, took their chances, you won't get many easier times in defence than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

No real pressure on the Everton back line at all. We just petered out every time we got close to the 18 yard line. There were times when Falcao could have done with an earlier ball to feet but instead we went back to shovelling it out wide and taking all the momentum away, We needed much more from the midfield in terms of overlapping into the box. And as everyone has pointed out, without Carrick we were killed on the break. Need to work a lot on this in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Same as last week then United with loads of ball and can't manage a goal, they'll end up in 5th if they keep up this horizontal possession nonsense

Valencia isn't the problem here at all.
    Liam O wrote: »
    Valencia has been good imo.
    madcabbage wrote: »
    Valencia has done alright, so too has Smalling. McNair and Shaw are having howlers.
    Valencia is the least of our problems
    Mallagio wrote: »
    Ridiculous comment - The man's speed is every defences worst nightmare.

Did ye guys get a chance to watch the match after posting in the thread all game?

Did ye guys get a chance to watch the match after posting in the thread all game?

I've 10 posts in this thread. They all came before or after the game and 1 or 2 at half time.

Your obsession with criticizing Valencia and making him the root of all our problems is laughable to say the least

I've 10 posts in this thread. They all came before or after the game and 1 or 2 at half time.

So what was the 1 problem again?
    Your obsession with criticizing Valencia and making him the root of all our problems is laughable to say the least

He was one of the main causes for defeat today, laughable is you inability to see this

So what was the 1 problem again?

The biggest problem for me in the first half was the inability to create any meaningful chances with so much possession of the ball.

The biggest problem for you was Valencia. Let's just leave it at that because I have no desire to engage you further.

The biggest problem for me in the first half was the inability to create any meaningful chances with so much possession of the ball.

The biggest problem for you was Valencia. Let's just leave it at that because I have no desire to engage you further.

You said we had one problem as in THE problem, I came on to vent as Valencia does that to me and was surprised so many jumped to his defence as if not watching the game I did think there were many problems and not just 1 like you said there was.

I didnt have time to indepthly go through all our problems, good of your to calrify your opinion 5 hours later, even though its not what you said in the superthread.

Keep dishing out your one line analysis of others comments at half time mate goes perfect with your tunnel vision of 1 problem.

• Advertisement

Ok.

Ok.

x

Advertisement