Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child minder for wedding

Options
  • 14-08-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

I'm just looking for people's experiences of getting a babysitter/child minder for the day of your wedding. We're getting married next year and our little one will be nearly 3 at the time. We are planning on inviting 3 of her cousins too, however we're leaving the decision whether they come or not entirely up to their parents, no pressure either way.

What do people normally do in this situation? We are definitely going to get a minder anyway whether the other kids come or not as we don't want to ask either of our families to be responsible for minding our daughter that night. I was thinking if the other kids come that we would pay the minder to look after them too, is that the done thing? Any other thoughts/advice on having kids at your wedding?

(Btw the kids will range in age from 2-6 years old)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Great idea, I know a girl who does this professionally and she says most parents are delighted it was there. Its not much fun being at a wedding when you have a tired or cranky child to take care of. Obviously you can go down the no kids route but that might mean some of your guests can't make it. Having a minder who takes the kids is a good compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Yeah I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of it - like maybe have a room booked in the hotel that is just for the kids and minder and when they get tired or bored she could bring them up and put on a DVD for them or something. Do you think that would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I think it is a good idea, we are planning on having kids at ours too a selection of ages. And the plan was to maybe set up a projector with some movies in one room in the place so they can all go in there if they want to stay around for the party or a room where they can go. Was just going to suggest to all going that if they want to bring a minder later that's fine or the place has recommend a child minder also they use themselves. I do not intend to pay for the minder, the parents can do that. Make sure ye make clear who is paying aswell someone had some storey here that a few people took the complete piss with the minder and they had to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

0ctober wrote: »
    I'm just looking for people's experiences of getting a babysitter/child minder for the day of your wedding. We're getting married next year and our little one will be nearly 3 at the time. We are planning on inviting 3 of her cousins too, however we're leaving the decision whether they come or not entirely up to their parents, no pressure either way.

What do people normally do in this situation? We are definitely going to get a minder anyway whether the other kids come or not as we don't want to ask either of our families to be responsible for minding our daughter that night. I was thinking if the other kids come that we would pay the minder to look after them too, is that the done thing? Any other thoughts/advice on having kids at your wedding?

(Btw the kids will range in age from 2-6 years old)

Thanks

One venue we looked at (country house) had a special room with DVDs, games etc for the kiddies. They had a list of babysitters too. Does your own child have a minder for day to day? If so what I would do is...have your little one for the ceremony, photos etc but then I would get their usual minder to take the home and mind them in your house (if this is possible!).

I would of never considered this before but the co ordinator told me she had her little one at the full day and she found it very stressful she forgot the formula etc etc and felt she couldn't fully relax.

Advertisement