Hi Guys, I know nothing about archery and am hoping ye can help me out. I have 3 kids (13, 11 and 8) the two eldest have been doing a spot of archery with scouts and just love it.
There is a small club nearby, but I am wondering if you can answer a few questions before I go to them (I don't want to look like a complete fool.)
1. Is there an age limit on when the kids can join a club?
2. I am thinking of getting them a bow each (not the youngest) for Christmas but I don't want to spend a fortune as it might just be a fad. I found a nice youth longbow but I'd have to get it sent from England. Can I get a bow and arrows sent over or will there be trouble getting it into the country?
3. Is there an age requirement to own a bow?
4. Is there any point in getting a target? We have a big field that has a cowshed down one end, and I was thinking the target could go there when the field is empty, it obviously won't be in use when anyone/ thing is in the field.
5. Are there any safety rules I need to be aware of (besides the obvious ones!!)
Just in case anyone is worried about it the bows and arrows will be kept in the gun safe unless they are under my supervision or at the club (assuming they can join.)
Sorry for all the questions I am all confusted here!!