Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daemon X Machina

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think they need to release a new demo. I didn't play the last one, but I see/hear people saying it turned them off, even though they knew it was a beta and they were listening to feedback.
    It was suggested on NVC last week that the release date is so negative reviews are forgotten about with all the other releases in the month. Also possible they don't expect high sales so use a busy month as an excuse. Especially with Zelda a week later.
    I hope it's a sleeper hit. Never been a mech player so dunno if I'd be interested. Must try and check out a few videos when it's released

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I was hyped for this with the first few teases Nintendo gave in the directs, but the more I see of it the less I like it, and any reviews of gameplay I’ve seen or read so far are less than positive. It’s going to be a busy few months for the Switch with Astral Chain, Links Awakening, Luigi’s Mansion 3 etc. so DXM is not currently on my want list

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have it pre-ordered from amazon,hope I will like it, then zeld a a week later .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Try the new demo yet? I haven't but I see people say it's good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Reviews out. They're a bit mixed. Some quite high review scores with a few in the 70's. From reading a few it looks like the kind of game that will either click with you or not and the people that clicked with it loved it despite the odd poor design decision and performance hiccup.

Honestly I think it sounds great as it's a game like nothing else on the market and I'll take flawed but interesting over boring and polished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Looking forward to playing this. The 2nd Demo was a big step up and they ended up changing loads from the first. Mech games are always a bit niche and tend to review like that, so as long as it's a good mech game I'll be happy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Even a lot of the more negative reviews say the gameplay is a lot of fun... which is kind of all I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Most of the negative reviews are that the story is derivative and ****. Only plot I need is "You get in giant battle mecha and pewpew"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I love the idea of owning Mecha games, but when I do they just sit there in the wrapping....

Steel Battalion got out of the wrapping, in fairness, and the controller assembled, but little gaming was/is done with it.

If I can't find the time to play that, this one is unlikely to get play time!

But, then again, I really really liked Titanfall 2....

Bugger...

Wait on a sale, that's the ticket!

Advertisement