Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Website

Options
  • 10-02-2002 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I have finally completed my new website. It has roms and emulators. Go check it out:
    http://www.gamingworlds.s5.com .
    Please tell me what you think.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

White text on a light grey background is difficult to read, and the text size is far too small in most places.

Otherwise, it's not bad.

The rom links go to some other site, asking me to vote or whatever, and some chick promoting a download accelerator.. or whatever. Anyway, don't link to someone else's site to download roms - be original, and ACTUALLY HAVE A WORKING ROMS SITE.

That last part in caps is important. If your site has good working roms, no/very few popups, no voting crap, no offsite links for the roms, it will be very popular, regardless of the design.

Remember: Content is king.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

You forgot to mention CPS-1 and CPS-2 and there respective emulators. I also agree with phaxx don't bother linking to other peoples roms cause this is lightly to piss off the owner of the website because he doesn't get hits on his main page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

I have fixed the roms. The only reason I have linked to that site is because i have no space left! ( I have asked for permission). But now if you click on a rom it should not send you to a link and go straight to the download..
    mofu..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

You need to pick text thats a higher contrast. The size is fine.

Don't put up sections until you actually have something to fill them with. Leave the Clans and Games section off the menu(online java games and such are awful crap anyway), make the About Us and Contact Us one page. Get rid of the guestbook now you have a forum.

I know it's tempting to put about 20 things on your menu bar but if the sections are too small or empty they only dissapoint.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Replied to your thread about the website you posted on the Game Editing Board - I see no reason to re-reply here...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Fair enough its still in development, but its easy to navigate through, will take a look at a later stage when you have it up.

Advertisement