Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin teenage girls going missing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

it's mostly running off with a boyfriend or some mental health issue rather that a serial obductor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

48 hours challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,301 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Normally they turn up after a couple of days but that never gets the same level of publicity and tbh the lack of explanation numbs people to when there is actually an issue. Check Garda.ie for the current list of missing persons. Last time I checked a good portion of them were Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

kneemos wrote: »

That's the one you would worry about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Whocare

All very good looking girl. I wonder is there a Underground sex trade in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Normally they turn up after a couple of days but that never gets the same level of publicity and tbh the lack of explanation numbs people to when there is actually an issue. Check Garda.ie for the current list of missing persons. Last time I checked a good portion of them were Chinese.
    What's the craic with Chinese going missing?

. How long is it before the Gardai have to come out and make some sort of announcement about a potential mass abductor?

Lol.
    There's no abductor

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

48 hours challenge.

If this is a actually thing, I despair for the future.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,301 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Bullocks wrote: »

They were some in a level of care that up and left the county. They stay on the missing list until they are verified by the Gardai as not missing or safe but it never gets followed up on so they stay on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Omackeral wrote: »
    If this is a actually thing, I despair for the future.

It is unfortunately. They know the Gardai have to declare them missing and subsequent news headlines. Selfish sh!tty carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

A bit like when a new Chinese take away opens and all the cats start to go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

A bit like when a new Chinese take away opens and all the cats start to go missing.

Chinese - a great bunch of lads

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Mostly from 2008-2009. Recession or something.
    They have a tendency to end it all if they fail,or is that the Japanese?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

That's what I was wondering too, given that they are very close knit family orientated and not really much into wild lifestyles etc

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Normally they turn up after a couple of days but that never gets the same level of publicity and tbh the lack of explanation numbs people to when there is actually an issue.

Agreed to a point. The amount of youngsters I've seen as reported missing and then everything is ok a couple of days later. I've seen people rounded on, including on here, for having the audacity to ask what happened. Fair enough that absolute microscopic details aren't released obviously but for the messers and wanton nuisances, it just tells them that there's no consequences. "Ah shure nobody can even question us, come on it'll be gas."

Now the above is NOT a catch-all by any stretch but I'd say there's definitely people that have done it. Some for attention, some for the craic and some to teach someone a lesson.

Obviously hope all those missing turn up safe and well but it would be good to know why they go missing, that's the point I guess I'm trying to make.

kneemos wrote: »
    Mostly from 2008-2009. Recession or something.
    They have a tendency to end it all if they fail,or is that the Japanese?

Sure they're basically the same anyway.

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I work with young people in care and if they don't return to the residential home they live in or cannot be contacted in 24 hours, the policy is they must be reported missing. I have seen similar articles about young people from residentials where we KNOW that they are with family or friends but policy is policy. I am not saying this is the case with the three young girls in the OP but only in one does it mention she is missing 'from home'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Chinese people going missing is hardly a current "thing". The most recent case dates back to 2011.
    I think there were Chinese criminal gangs operating here who preyed on Chinese nationals in Ireland. I suspect they might have something to do with all the missing Chinese people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Most if not all of this is to do with the 48hr challenge game. Have to go 'missing' or could this just be ****faced somewhere over the Paddy's Weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

It's mostly children missing from care, I'd imagine. If they're not back by curfew it has to be reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Attention seeking.
    They all come back grand after wasting Garda resources.

The 48-hour thing isn't really. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

I worked with a chap who was reported missing a couple of years ago.

He was on a stag do, major bender, went home with a girl despite having a fiance and kid at home. The lads on the stag saw them leaving together.

He became incredibly distraught the next morning, didn't know what to do, rented a b&b and stayed there drinking himself silly for a few days. He couldn't bring himself to go home and face the truth. Went completely off the rails.

Meanwhile his picture was shared far and wide on Facebook. I even saw Irish people in Australia sharing the post.

After a few days he came home to face the music. They broke up, he has given up alcohol and has turned his life around. He quit the job and took some time out for himself. He's back living with his folks, is working part time while going to college.

Every couple of months you still see people sharing the missing person post on Facebook. Initially the post wasn't set to public so people took a screenshot, and that's the image that gets shared rather than the original post - so he can't take it down.

People are quick to share and don't stop to look at how old a post is, or whether the person has been found, or even found dead.

If you Google his name the missing person photo comes up. He started dating a girl, who on their second date confronted him on it. It was an awkward conversation to say the least. I'd say job interviews are the same.

The poor chap is struggling to get his life back on track. Being a 'missing person' still haunts him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I work with young people in care and if they don't return to the residential home they live in or cannot be contacted in 24 hours, the policy is they must be reported missing. I have seen similar articles about young people from residentials where we KNOW that they are with family or friends but policy is policy. I am not saying this is the case with the three young girls in the OP but only in one does it mention she is missing 'from home'.
    Most if not all of this is to do with the 48hr challenge game. Have to go 'missing' or could this just be ****faced somewhere over the Paddy's Weekend?
    fatknacker wrote: »
    It's mostly children missing from care, I'd imagine. If they're not back by curfew it has to be reported.
    TomSweeney wrote: »
    Attention seeking.
    They all come back grand after wasting Garda resources.

One is missing since February 15th, eejits

One is missing since February 15th,

The 3 girls from the OP are missing since March 14th and 15th.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

It is unfortunately. They know the Gardai have to declare them missing and subsequent news headlines. Selfish sh!tty carry on.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Its not real. I despair for older generation who believes everything on the internet. Sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

The 3 girls from the OP are missing since March 14th and 15th.

‘Julianna Moore Gita has been missing from her home in Hartstown, Dublin 15 since February 15.’

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

whats annoys me is reading a missing persons report and they describe the person, shes medium height , brown hair, green eyes... and give no picture. ... pointless

• Advertisement

Lackey wrote: »
    ‘Julianna Moore Gita has been missing from her home in Hartstown, Dublin 15 since February 15.’

Thanks, I missed that. One if the girls (Megsn Cooney) has returned home.

Advertisement