Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bang of weed

• 18-03-2019 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

A couple have moved into the apartment below and there is some bang of weed in the building since they moved in. I am really worried. I have invested in expensive carbon filters to remove the smell and these amateur hour hoodlums are going to get the building raided.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Give them a lend of the filter as a welcoming gesture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Are you worried about the building being raised as you also have a large amount of weed but just do a better job covering the smell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,412 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Smoked weed or growing weed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You'll get used to the smell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Give them a lend of the filter as a welcoming gesture.

Bollox to that. If I removed my filter the building would be emptied due to an extreme dose of the vapours.
    Stupid ****wits though. Hugo Boss tracksuits, parking in my spare space. Gob****es with no manners.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Dante7 wrote: »
    A couple have moved into the apartment below and there is some bang of weed in the building since they moved in. I am really worried. I have invested in expensive carbon filters to remove the smell and these amateur hour hoodlums are going to get the building raided.

If you’re really looking for advice, this is not the best forum.
    Also, you’re worried that they’re “going to get the building raided”?? Guards are hardly going to check all apartments one by one because someone smokes joints and stinks up the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Are you worried about the building being raised as you also have a large amount of weed but just do a better job covering the smell?

That's what they said. They have filters to cover up the smell from their weed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Buy some off them.

Think of it as harvesting a relationship (for want of a better expression)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Bollox to that. If I removed my filter the building would be emptied due to an extreme dose of the vapours.
    Stupid ****wits though. Hugo Boss tracksuits, parking in my spare space. Gob****es with no manners.

Paranoia strikes deep.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Oink wrote: »
    If you’re really looking for advice, this is not the best forum.
    Also, you’re worried that they’re “going to get the building raided”?? Guards are hardly going to check all apartments one by one because someone smokes joints and stinks up the place.

I'm not really looking for advice. Unless you know the lads downstairs. I'll have to find out who they are before I can see if I can talk to them. They have been respectful enough to me so far in person, but I know their type. They are young wannabe gangsters.

• Advertisement

Play Foster & Allen on repeat, and pump the volume. They'll crack sooner than a Fabergé egg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I'm not really looking for advice. Unless you know the lads downstairs. I'll have to find out who they are before I can see if I can talk to them. They have been respectful enough to me so far in person, but I know their type. They are young wannabe gangsters.

How many parking spaces do they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Report them. I ****ing hate stoners.

Sounds like you need a toke to chill out, Captain Uptight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

So... Thinly veiled 'im cool cos I grow weed' thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

They're using Bhang?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhang

You should weed that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Pass the toke

I had it before with that apartment. There was a woman living there previously who seemed to be off. Drove a new Range Rover and had the Gardai all over her. Lots of work getting done all the time. And now these two new lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I had it before with that apartment. There was a woman living there previously who seemed to be off. Drove a new Range Rover and had the Gardai all over her. Lots of work getting done all the time. And now these two new lads.

Heavy drilling and pipework was there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Shady character moans about shady characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Smoke weed every day.....

Are you peddling ice or coke????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I never mind the bang of weed in urban scenarios. It's quite a nice smell and there's a far higher chance of the people involved being relatively chilled rather than drunk people or coke/crack heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

weed feeds paranoia.
    paranoia feeds weed.

:D;):D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

is it a bang like popping a balloon or a bang like cillit bang removing a stain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Jesus you don't want that creeping into the neighbourhood. You will have your neighbours sitting around all day, watching TV, minding their own business, eating doritos and after that it's a slippery slope until they are ordering full blown takeaways. They might put on a bit of pink Floyd. Not the sort of **** you want to raise kids around. I'd sell up quick and get out of there while you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Looks like some homeless charity took on the apartment and chucked some dregs of society in there.

Tough break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I never mind the bang of weed in urban scenarios. It's quite a nice smell and there's a far higher chance of the people involved being relatively chilled rather than drunk people or coke/crack heads.

It's rank.... Will ya ever stop what yeer smokin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Report them. I ****ing hate stoners.

That's just like, your opinion, man.

Actually, wait - it might be a fact. Or is it both. I dunno man. I'm so baked.

But not baked enough to have gone completely thick and missed the obvious bit about not wanting the place to get raided and OP being stoners themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Are they working or hardcore scum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Paranoia has taken over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Paranoia has taken over.

This is the fourth or fifth post like this. I don't see the paranoia. It's most likely a wind up but if I had a cannabis grow going with all precautions and these dopes moved in I'd be sickened.

In my time weed was mostly shared by creative, free spirited and mostly law abiding types. These days it's used as a time killer by skanks that see Mexican drug lords as role models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Leave them alone or at most ask them to smoke ouuside if indeed the smell bothers you that much. I know I would prefer weed smokers as neighbours rather than nosy B'strds who cant mind their own business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jesus you don't want that creeping into the neighbourhood. You will have your neighbours sitting around all day, watching TV, minding their own business, eating doritos and after that it's a slippery slope until they are ordering full blown takeaways. They might put on a bit of pink Floyd. Not the sort of **** you want to raise kids around. I'd sell up quick and get out of there while you can.

Tee Hee HC :D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

I was hoping to see this play

https://youtu.be/NpS4ebEtLUE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Go knock on their door, tell them you can smell it and if they don't do something about it you'll report them. Gives them a chance to get a draft blocker for the door or something, just reporting them straight away seems harsh. It must be a ****ty enough appartment block if smells can travel between floors, that never happens in my building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I’m pretty sure the OP has hinted that he’s growing his own so doubt the Guards are an option. Think he’s just worried about any unwanted attention.

Advertisement