Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ways to get a date offline?

Options
  • 16-03-2019 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

Might be better off in PI with this one but I’m interested in what AH can come up with.

Any other singles totally sick of the apps?

Most of my friends are quite settled or live far away so not a huge scope for going out... any ideas on how to meet someone offline?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Interactions with other humans IRL usually will do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

biko wrote: »

These days that would hardly be possible seeing as he'll be labelled a potential rapist if he even strikes up a conversation with a woman.

Edit - That's if they're looking for a woman, because assuming is a crime these days too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    Might be better off in PI with this one but I’m interested in what AH can come up with.

Any other singles totally sick of the apps?

Most of my friends are quite settled or live far away so not a huge scope for going out... any ideas on how to meet someone offline?

You're not exactly making it easy.

What's work like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

biko wrote: »

Do they though? Like in the US I believe it’s quite normal for a guy to approach a woman he likes in a cafe and ask her out, does that happen here?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Here I made a video for you, but generally just converse with people surrounding you with no flirting.
    After a while in conversation introduce flirting.
    Converse with people that are standing alone. They are more inclined to humour you that someone in a group.
    Keep it short and simple.

• Advertisement

These days that would hardly be possible seeing as he'll be labelled a potential rapist if he even strikes up a conversation with a woman.

Edit - That's if they're looking for a woman, because assuming is a crime these days too.

I think you're the one that is more in need of posting in PI.

What's work like?

I work from home mostly, but even when I do go into the office the only time I’ve ever come close to flirting/ romance is the Christmas party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I think you're the one that is more in need of posting in PI.

True, because things definitely aren't gone down that road at all these days. I forgot you can't mention it either.

What's work like?

I do go out - just get clarify - but usually for one or two and not on mad sessions that end in coppers.

Join an activity group, say hill-walking or dancing. Strike up a conversation. It's not rocket surgery.

• Advertisement

I work from home mostly, but even when I do go into the office the only time I’ve ever come close to flirting/ romance is the Christmas party.

You're limited in your options for going out, you've no work interactions, and past college I presume, and online dating is not happening. Have you considered the priesthood? Some women love a challenge/uniform :pac:

What do you think you need to change to put yourself in a situation to meet people you fancy?

I do go out - just get clarify - but usually for one or two and not on mad sessions that end in coppers.

Ah, okay, and mad sessions rarely end in relationship forming opportunities anyway. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

That only happens if you’re unpresentable and creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jaysus, did you strike out recently?

You're limited in your options for going out, you've no work interactions, and past college I presume, and online dating is not happening. Have you considered the priesthood? Some women love a challenge/uniform :pac:

What do you think you need to change to put yourself in a situation to meet people you fancy?

While I can understand why you’d assume Kiki is masculine (?) just to confirm I am female.

I think I do need to get out and about more - any more ideas on hobbies or activities that are likely to involve meeting other youngish people?

I’m not very sporty or musical or arty, just to be totally awkward about this - but I am open to ideas.

I’d like to start going to a book club but I think I’d mostly meet other women at that. Maybe toastmasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

Does Boards ever do meet up's?
    Like individual people arranging meet up's
    I'm sure they had been mentioned before but i'm not sure what happened with them

If you can, go to a trad pub full of tourists. Chatting up foreign women is like playing the game of life on God mode. You can literally seduce foreign women by talking about turf. In fact I would encourage you to paddy it up (but don't get too drunk and for the love of God don't ask an American girl her opinion on Trump or gun rights).

That would be helpful if problematic advice if I were a lesbian, but I’m actually a woman looking to meet a guy.

Seriously lads, I know we can’t assume gender these days, but I thought Kiki was meant obvious enough?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

True. I know someone who said hello to a woman once and now he's on the sex offenders' register.

vlcsnap-00646.jpg

I knew a woman once, but she died soon afterwards.

Seriously lads, I know we can’t assume gender these days, but I thought Kiki was meant obvious enough?!

I pretty much assume everyone on Boards is a male unless proven otherwise, so we're gonna need pics :pac:

The more perceptible Biko actually posted a good vid in that case. :cool:

Infonovice wrote: »
    Does Boards ever do meet up's?
    Like individual people arranging meet up's
    I'm sure they had been mentioned before but i'm not sure what happened with them

Do weddings count :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

o1s1n wrote: »
    Jaysus, did you strike out recently?

I'm assuming someone say him try and put the roofie in the drink ;)

I’d like to start going to a book club but I think I’d mostly meet other women at that. Maybe toastmasters.

other woman as friends might be a start.

my friend went to a christening of another friend of hers years ago.
    She met someone there, who was a friend of the baby's father.
    they are now married themselves.
    (I meant my friend married the man she met at that christening. not that the christening couple married)

so maybe try expand your circle of friends, be it women or men, and see what happens:)

Do weddings count :)

?

Infonovice wrote: »
    ?

People have met through boards, and have got married.

oh ok sorry I wasn't sure what you meant.

That's lovely that some people have met here and went on to live happily ever after.

Maybe Kiki might find her romeo here so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭JayRoc

People have met through boards, and have got married.

I was laughing at that idea if I'm being totally honest.

Then about 90 seconds later I realised I'm fairly sure I met my wife through boards

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Lisdoonvarna!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Lisdoonvarna!

We havin' a singsong ?

Ohhhh Lisdoonvarna !

Go for it , Kiki..

We havin' a singsong ?

Ohhhh Lisdoonvarna !

Go for it , Kiki..

How we doin’, everybody? From Cork, New York, Gortahurk and Glenamaddy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think it's been said already OP - get out and do stuff. Join a gym, take a class, find a hobby and meet people IRL. Doesn't matter if it's men or women, you'll gradually expand your circle and meet more friends of friends, etc. I've been rejected by countless women using this method....

Always like this routine which fits here (sort of) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bts28rz0lJ0

Advertisement