Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS - Radiological Isolated Syndrome

• 01-03-2019 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Just wondering if has anyone has experience of MS - Radiological isolated syndrome. I was diagnosed a year ago - no symptoms. Lumbar puncture was positive and lesions on brain and spine. I am at a crossroad now - my neurologist suggested I started treatment - injections. I feel strange having to inject myself when nothing is physically wrong with me. Should I start treatment. Any advise would be greatly appreciated?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I would start treatment with a positive lumbar puncture and lesions on the brain and spine. MS treatments slow down the progression of the illness (they're meant to anyway). There is nothing physically wrong with you but that might not always be the case. Medication might delay any future physical problems you may have. I don't have many physical problems (however, I was hospitalized with mobility issues the only time I was hospitalized by MS) with my MS but I have sensory problems and I struggle with fatigue/concentration at times. I have been on treatment for a few years now. Not all MS treatments are injectables. Discuss treatment options with your neurologist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Just wondering if has anyone has experience of MS - Radiological isolated syndrome. I was diagnosed a year ago - no symptoms. Lumbar puncture was positive and lesions on brain and spine. I am at a crossroad now - my neurologist suggested I started treatment - injections. I feel strange having to inject myself when nothing is physically wrong with me. Should I start treatment. Any advise would be greatly appreciated?

If your lumbar puncture was positive and you have brain and spinal lesions, you should be on medication. There are oral medications too, you should ask your neurologist about those if you really don't want to inject. I have permanent damage which will never resolve due to being on the wrong medication. People rarely start one treatment and stay on it for life, you need to be on meds so you know what does and doesn't suit you.

Advertisement