Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Oh I think I might have heard of that crowd

I generally don't like Sriracha at all, find it far too sweet and not what I would call a chilli sauce.

My favourites tend to be Mics.
    Nok are pretty good too, more fruity and vegetal.

I love Mics. I agree about siracha, I don't know why I keep buying it. I should learn to make my own, I'd save a fortune:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Did a big shop today in Aldi and Lidl so spoiled for choice for dinner, on the drive back decided on duck with roasted potatoes and veg.

Being the big dope that I am read the instructions on the back of the baby potatoes that said nuke for 10-12 minutes but never read the bit which said that was for 500g and not the 1kg that was in the bag. Nuked the spuds and threw them in the oven covered in the fat from the pre fried duck expecting everything to be ready together only to find some of the spuds like rocks when I took the duck out to rest.

Halved the bastards and fried them in the fat while the duck was resting and got away with it, always read the instructions carefully.

Meal cost about a fiver each and was enjoyed with a glass of red and followed by a pain au chocolate and another glass of Merlot.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Still scoopin' and watching movies. I have a nice bit of sirloin that I'm gonna have with mushrooms and chips later. A spicy sauce from the Asian shop for over the steak. Nothing new really. I have it often and it's feckin brill.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Some homemade pancakes & fresh fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cauliflower, and sliced cheese; wonderful combination.

• Advertisement

I made a Chilli con carne today. Never use a jar of sauce. Chilli powder and chopped tomatoes do the trick nicely. Mrs G and Ms G had it over chilli Nachos with melted cheese on top. I'm having mine over spicy wedges with cheese over the wedges and more cheese on top of the chilli. Mrs G wants it again tomorrow.:eek: Luckily I always make enough for freezer portions. Two pound of steak mince goes a long way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Just after a lovely egg salad sandwich and a glass of milk as had a big lunch earlier, now to settle down for the night in front of the fire with a few cold bottles of Heineken.

CDM x 3 . + pain meds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'm having Thai Red Curry with Chilli Rice and a Naan Bread. A few cans of Stella to wash it down.

Herself is going to her mother's tomorrow so we had our Sunday roast this evening instead.

No complaints here, the gravy alone was an experience never mind the boned and rolled venison that literally melted in the mouth.

I'll be out again at dawn in pursuit of the healthiest, most organic meat that money can't buy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Pork schnitzels with beetroot relish and green bean tomato stew. Lemons.

IMG-20200926-231800.jpg

Lol! That squeezy lube bottle on the side was actually ginger puree from Aldi. Actually quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

IMG-20200926-231800.jpg

Lol! That squeezy lube bottle on the side was actually ginger puree from Aldi. Actually quite good.

Jeez that's looks epic, enjoy

My standby comfort food; toast with real butter, marmalade and honey. Needed comfort...

Nice cup of tea.

I'm having Thai Red Curry with Chilli Rice and a Naan Bread. A few cans of Stella to wash it down.

Did you make it yourself? What way do you make chilli rice?
    I'm desperately in need of comfort food and a cure. Worst. Hangover. Ever.
    It's a toss up between bangers and mash smothered in butter or roast chicken with roast potatoes and mash swimming in salt and butter. If only I could trick someone to make these things happen for me!

I fry the rice with a small spoon chilli powder and and fresh chillis and peas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

IMG-20200926-231800.jpg

Snap. Well, sort of. Had pork schnitzel today, with jacket potatoes and sliced cabbage grated carrot and leeks fried together. Was nice. Used pork seasoning on the meat first, before the flour egg and breadcrumbs. Tasty.

Mrs G and I thought about going for a pint in a pub earlier. We haven't been in one since early March. Dropped into Supervalu to pick up a few bits and I spotted some Striploins for 9 quid. Hereford Striploin all the way from Watergrasshill in the Republic of Cork. Gotta say they looked pretty inviting. Treat yourself says Mrs G. Can't have a couple of pints and these steaks says I. We're watching the oul money at the moment as I have very very little of it coming in due the bastard virus. Feck the pints. Get the steaks says the love of my life.

So I'm having a cheap beer from Aldi instead of a 5 quid pint and looking forward the steak with mash and mushy peas later. A splash of bog standard Bisto gravy for the splash down. Happy out!

A couple of Lidl buns crusty from the airfryer, laughing cow instead of butter, vintage white Charleville and mature red cheese with a bit of coleslaw and some leftover roast from yesterday. Happy out with a cold can of Kortenhoef to wash them down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

About to sit down to slow cooked Beef Cheeks marinated in thyme, garlic and Chilean Pinot Noir. I am complimenting with Potato Fondant, roasted carrot marinated in Balsamic, Rosemary and fresh Irish Honey completely obliterated in Sea salt and a dash of dried condensed pepper.

I am starting with scallop pan fried in garlic and chili.

I am washing all down with an oak aged Domaine Christian Moreau Chablis that has been in the fridge awaiting it's demise all week. It is really really cold.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    About to sit down to slow cooked Beef Cheeks marinated in thyme, garlic and Chilean Pinot Noir. I am complimenting with Potato Fondant, roasted carrot marinated in Balsamic, Rosemary and fresh Irish Honey completely obliterated in Sea salt and a dash of dried condensed pepper.

I am starting with scallop pan fried in garlic and chili.

I am washing all down with an oak aged Domaine Christian Moreau Chablis that has been in the fridge awaiting it's demise all week. It is really really cold.

Your meals always sound so extravagant and delicious! Are you a chef?
    Potato fondant is unreal...go for it!

I was lazy and ordered a Kebab Box from my favorite place. Good times!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Currently doing a bit of damage to a box of Nestle Dairy Box chocolates that I received as a gift from my very nice boss.

Gotta say, these are not great chocolates. :(

That's not stopping me though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Mrs G and I thought about going for a pint in a pub earlier. We haven't been in one since early March. Dropped into Supervalu to pick up a few bits and I spotted some Striploins for 9 quid. Hereford Striploin all the way from Watergrasshill in the Republic of Cork. Gotta say they looked pretty inviting. Treat yourself says Mrs G. Can't have a couple of pints and these steaks says I. We're watching the oul money at the moment as I have very very little of it coming in due the bastard virus. Feck the pints. Get the steaks says the love of my life.

So I'm having a cheap beer from Aldi instead of a 5 quid pint and looking forward the steak with mash and mushy peas later. A splash of bog standard Bisto gravy for the splash down. Happy out!

You went through all that and couldn't bother throwing together a basic jus? I am disappoint.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Sitting down relaxing with a nice Gin & Tonic.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    You went through all that and couldn't bother throwing together a basic jus? I am disappoint.....

Fook it. Doesn't get more basic than Bisto.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Fook it. Doesn't get more basic than Bisto.

Never in a month of Sundays.

I feel a smoky bacon or maybe sausage sandwich coming on... with honey and butter of course ;)

After a stressful day at school (Ms G) the real hero that she is, it's great to welcome her back everyday after wearing a mask for most the day and five days a week. She folds her uniform, does the homework and then I make sure she has a decent dinner. Tonight it was loin of pork, mash and gravy with garden peas and carrots.. Mrs G had the same.

I'm having the second Hereford Striploin tonight and serving it up with chips and pepper sauce in a mo. A movie and peace time. Considering how this bastard virus has affected the house, I'm happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Graces7 wrote: »
    I feel a smoky bacon or maybe sausage sandwich coming on... with honey and butter of course ;)

Honey?

Well I guess maple syrup does go with bacon, so...

I picked up a beef stroganoff (premade) from tesco earlier, because I'm lazy. Going to make basmati rice and sugar snaps to go with it.

Advertisement